(Tele) : Reason why Barba is heading North

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i still believe barba initiated the move to brisbane and forced the situation by bringing up the bulldog statements that they are looking after player welfare, angering the bulldogs in the process

so then the bulldogs revenge is saying yeah ok we released him for his welfare but heres what happened

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
i still believe barba initiated the move to brisbane and forced the situation by bringing up the bulldog statements that they are looking after player welfare, angering the bulldogs in the process

so then the bulldogs revenge is saying yeah ok we released him for his welfare but heres what happened
no idea what you mean here.

So we are punishing him for leaving, by releasing info that makes the club look as bad as he is (by covering it up)? Maybe i need another beer before i understand this. BRB.

Q-Tip

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok before i get started i am a broncos fan ( please dont hold that agasint me).

now i know emotions are still high around here and why wouldnt it be if it was other situation and a broncos player leaving id be just as pissed as you guys.

but one question i do have for some members here is why are you still saying ben barber spat in the bulldogs face?. if what this article is saying is all true then ben barba had no choice at all about leaving the bulldogs and in fact was told he had to go to brisbane. yet time after time ben protected this secret and lied to media about wanting to go back to brisbane. now i dont know about you but that right there actually says to me ben is a loyal bulldog as there is.

this actualy worries me a bit about him coming to brisbane. because if he was that loyal this whole time to not say a word and constantly have this abuse thrown at him by fans yet still take it on the chin to protect the bulldogs. then it tells me he is still so passionate about the bulldogs and always will be. and as a bronco fan i really dont want any one playing in our jersey who isnt passionate about the broncos.

any way this was just something to think abuot for some bulldogs fans. because in my mind if article is true then ben barber might just be one of most loyal bulldogs players around.

any way thats just my two cents worth. i genuinly wish you guys all the best as well in the finals. good luck
The gripe for most ppl concerns the entire backstory of Barba. We took this guy in when he was a junior and was rejected by other clubs because he was said to be too small to play football at a professional level.

Then not only do we give him his start in football but the club and its coaches mould him into one of the best players in the game (see his problems as a fullback in 2010-11 and compare it to 2012).

So then comes this year. Barba causes massive issues for us before the season starts. He gets drunk, gambles and if you believe this article, he gets involved in an assault. Instead if sacking him which would have been the most easy resolution, the club decides to help him rehab. On these issues, I differ from your opinion. I think the club protected Barba - by not only protecting his secret from the public but also in trying to really help him out.

Then throughout the entire year he cause massive destabilization and disharmony to the chemistry of this team by maneouvering to try and get off his contract. So, after all the support the club has given him, fans understandably feel that he has 'spat on us'.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

sawtell girl9

Waterboy
Reaction score
So once again the bulldogs club looks like a disgrace. They knew a women was bashed by a player and did not sack the player instantly. It's an absolute disgrace and Todd Greenburg and the club need to be punished for this. Barba should never be paid to play football again.
There were all the rumours at the time about this and Todd denied it on his press conference.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The gripe for most ppl concerns the entire backstory of Barba. We took this guy in when he was a junior and was rejected by other clubs because he was said to be too small to play football at a professional level.

Then not only do we give him his start in football but the club and its coaches mould him into one of the best players in the game (see his problems as a fullback in 2010-11 and compare it to 2012).

So then comes this year. Barba causes massive issues for us before the season starts. He gets drunk, gambles and if you believe this article, he gets involved in an assault. Instead if sacking him which would have been the most easy resolution, the club decides to help him rehab. On these issues, I differ from your opinion. I think the club protected Barba - by not only protecting his secret from the public but also in trying to really help him out.

Then throughout the entire year he cause massive destabilization and disharmony to the chemistry of this team by maneouvering to try and get off his contract. So, after all the support the club has given him, fans understandably feel that he has 'spat on us'.
Well when you put it that way, then yeah I can see why fans say he spat on the club,

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Dogs sent Barba to rehab and counselling after all these incidents, tells you we wanted to keep him.

But i suspect something happened or continue to happen that Dogs had enough and Barba asking for pay rise in the mean time could be an other reason while he continues to stuff up.

who knows what more truth is out there about this whole Barba BS

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So once again the bulldogs club looks like a disgrace. They knew a women was bashed by a player and did not sack the player instantly. It's an absolute disgrace and Todd Greenburg and the club need to be punished for this. Barba should never be paid to play football again.
There were all the rumours at the time about this and Todd denied it on his press conference.
Why can't I thumbs down your comment??????

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
I bet Old Dog still feels sorry for Benny Barba " the role model family guy"...LOL!
Dude. You're being an immature twat.

First of all : Do not mistake sympathy for condoning what he did.

Secondly : There isn't one Bulldogs fan on the planet, who'd turn a blind eye to what he's done.

People like OB and me (ie: men with double, triple, quadruple the life experience), have seen this sh*t all too often : People CAN, and invariably do multiple times, fall of the rails. It's sad to watch.

We understand that Ben Barba has given himself a lifetime of baggage to deal with post football.
He had everything at his feet. He blew it. He knows it now. He's trying to salvage what little he can.

The scale of his downfall is like nothing I've ever seen ... saying "I feel sorry for him", is a measure of maturity, compassion and empathy.

I know it's hard for you to understand, but you'll appreciate this outlook more perhaps later in life, once you've made a mistake (or many) and disappoint those around you who give a sh*t.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
no idea what you mean here.

So we are punishing him for leaving, by releasing info that makes the club look as bad as he is (by covering it up)? Maybe i need another beer before i understand this. BRB.
firstly lets get one thing straight, that the bulldogs DID release the information, do we agree on that point?

read it again if you need to, notice the specified points that could only be made by the club to protect the club

so now if we agree that the bulldogs released it, then we can speculate as to why

to spite barba is my best guess, followed by to protect greenberg who is in the firing line according to the bry link

jd87

New Pup
Reaction score

yea i agreee with where ur coming from. except your last part were u say he manouverd out of his contract. thats point im trying to make. if what this article is saying is true then barba had no choice but to leave and was shoppped around to brisbane by bulldogs. barba had no say in it (according to article) so if thats true then all that talk of him causing disharmoning by wanting out of contract is not his fault. if article is true then its not hard to believe that everything barba has said in the media is what bulldogs have told him to say to save face of the bulldogs club as well as saving barba image.

just somthing to think about you can hate him for being a woman basher. if true i certaintly lost respect for him. but maybe you cant hate him any more for wanting out of his contract if he was just doing what the bulldogs have told him to.

and i guess i can agree with skippy point maybe barba wasnt doing it for bulldogs but to save his own image wich is very possible. but fact still stand if article is true then barba in fact never wanted to leave bulldogs he was forced out by his issues.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The telecrap chose fathers day to print this . Just shows how fcuk upped the telecrap is. I'm not saying Ben is right just making a point about the ruthless fcked up nature of the papers.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Reading all this looks like he was gone from day 1. All this shit could have been sorted back then.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Dude. You're being an immature twat.

First of all : Do not mistake sympathy for condoning what he did.

Secondly : There isn't one Bulldogs fan on the planet, who'd turn a blind eye to what he's done.

People like OB and me (ie: men with double, triple, quadruple the life experience), have seen this sh*t all too often : People CAN, and invariably do multiple times, fall of the rails. It's sad to watch.

We understand that Ben Barba has given himself a lifetime of baggage to deal with post football.
He had everything at his feet. He blew it. He knows it now. He's trying to salvage what little he can.

The scale of his downfall is like nothing I've ever seen ... saying "I feel sorry for him", is a measure of maturity, compassion and empathy.

I know it's hard for you to understand, but you'll appreciate this outlook more perhaps later in life, once you've made a mistake (or many) and disappoint those around you who give a sh*t.
go back and read his comments about other posters before wasting all this time typing up.

when he called Barba an honorable family man, doing it all for the kids and called people "immature" when clearly it was all a big BS.

saying " I feel sorry" is one thing but ridiculing other people because they dont buy Barbas BS is a bit " immature" in my eyes.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The club has dobbed in BB so I don't think he will play for us in the finals.
Greenberg might get an ass kick for not reporting it to the NRL earlier.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Doubt it, he is the nrl now.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What if the victim didnt want this to be reported as Barba would ve lost his job.

Greenberg would have looked like a fool if he had reported to NRL , and the victim denied to save Barba's arse.

Its a fcken basterd of a situation.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If this did happen, who told the players about it as there wasn't an official complaint.

Why wait now to inform the integrity unit.

Hope the NRL investigate Greenberg over this matter.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If this did happen, who told the players about it as there wasn't an official complaint.
If I understand the sequence of events it appears Pritchard and his wife witnessed barba in a rampage,

Status
Not open for further replies.