Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
this is definitely a bulldogs parting gift

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i require a personal apology from some people in this thread

http://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=99503

the Rodzilla knows when someone is a scumbag, you guys should have trusted me tbh
Did you know all this information before hand? Like most supporters knew he had a drinking and gambling problem, but we never thought he would physically abuse a female and cheat on his partner. Also, I heard the full Barba saga now but I think most of the supporters were on Barba's side and hoping all those things were rumours.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Personally i dont give a sh1t. Hes already going, so anything else that happens is irrelevant. I dont care if he shot up meth while eating kittens.

DT obviously trying to destabilise us by releasing it now, like i said before. Thats a bit sh1tty IMO. BUt apart from that ...meh.

Greg Bird glassed his missus and played origin after it, so i dont think it will do anything to his career, just might scare the odd personal sponsor away is about all. And no im not saying its ok to beat women. Im saying its ages ago and i dont give a crap coz hes already leaving.
Lol. You're a funny f**ker ! "I don't care if he was shooting up meth while eating kittens" lol, just lol !

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Did you know all this information before hand? Like most supporters knew he had a drinking and gambling problem, but we never thought he would physically abuse a female and cheat on his partner. I think most of the supporters were on Barba's side and hoping all those things were rumours.
no i didnt know this information, TG & BW are insiders but im the outsider however if you didnt know he was trouble just from all the evidence i presented then you were in denial

my points werent rumours they were facts btw

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I bet Old Dog still feels sorry for Benny Barba " the role model family guy"...LOL!

moronista

Waterboy
Reaction score
why has this only been referred to the integrity unit NOW? Can someone say cover up?

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I have to disagree with you nacious, if anything I think this article shines good light on our club which is a ****ing rarity from that shit-pile publication.

I feel if this was an 'unintended leak' from the club then it was a strategic one to minimise fan backlash against the contract release.
Yeah I totally agree, I am content as a fan given this info that the club did the right thing and glad to see the back of Ben

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Two points ....

(1) It's pretty clear now that he IS going to QLD for the family/kids ... there a much fewer people in Sydney he can depend on, now that he's burned most of his bridges.

(2) What a stunning co-incidence this news emerges just prior to Bulldogs playing Brisbane next week ... Many days of two state coverage in the Telecrap and Courier Mail as well.
forever his defender CK, at least you are going down with the ship

macca24

Waterboy
Reaction score
Guys this is all now irrelevant, he is no longer our problem. Let the broncos do all the worrying. Also I spoke with a bulldogs official last night at ANZ and not surprisingly he told me that he doubts barba will ever play another game for the bulldogs.

jd87

New Pup
Reaction score
ok before i get started i am a broncos fan ( please dont hold that agasint me).

now i know emotions are still high around here and why wouldnt it be if it was other situation and a broncos player leaving id be just as pissed as you guys.

but one question i do have for some members here is why are you still saying ben barber spat in the bulldogs face?. if what this article is saying is all true then ben barba had no choice at all about leaving the bulldogs and in fact was told he had to go to brisbane. yet time after time ben protected this secret and lied to media about wanting to go back to brisbane. now i dont know about you but that right there actually says to me ben is a loyal bulldog as there is.

this actualy worries me a bit about him coming to brisbane. because if he was that loyal this whole time to not say a word and constantly have this abuse thrown at him by fans yet still take it on the chin to protect the bulldogs. then it tells me he is still so passionate about the bulldogs and always will be. and as a bronco fan i really dont want any one playing in our jersey who isnt passionate about the broncos.

any way this was just something to think abuot for some bulldogs fans. because in my mind if article is true then ben barber might just be one of most loyal bulldogs players around.

any way thats just my two cents worth. i genuinly wish you guys all the best as well in the finals. good luck

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm more than happy to be proven wrong and i hope i am but i can't help thinking that if this is true than we condoned this behavior by covering it up. By all accounts it does appear the doggies tried to help barba (rehab etc) but if he hadn't requested to leave and stayed on playing would we be seeing this article?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

now i know emotions are still high around here and why wouldnt it be if it was other situation and a broncos player leaving id be just as pissed as you guys.

but one question i do have for some members here is why are you still saying ben barber spat in the bulldogs face?. if what this article is saying is all true then ben barba had no choice at all about leaving the bulldogs and in fact was told he had to go to brisbane. yet time after time ben protected this secret and lied to media about wanting to go back to brisbane. now i dont know about you but that right there actually says to me ben is a loyal bulldog as there is.

this actualy worries me a bit about him coming to brisbane. because if he was that loyal this whole time to not say a word and constantly have this abuse thrown at him by fans yet still take it on the chin to protect the bulldogs. then it tells me he is still so passionate about the bulldogs and always will be. and as a bronco fan i really dont want any one playing in our jersey who isnt passionate about the broncos.

any way this was just something to think abuot for some bulldogs fans. because in my mind if article is true then ben barber might just be one of most loyal bulldogs players around.

any way thats just my two cents worth. i genuinly wish you guys all the best as well in the finals. good luck

LoL

Ben BARBA lied to protect his own arse and the club protected him from day one, sent him to rehab , counselling etc etc.

If he was loyal to the club he would have put his fcken head in and repented to fix his life after his first mistake, yet he used and abused the club which made him and saved his life!

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

You are right wish some points and wrong with others.
Yes you are right, some posters here have missed the point, and yes it appears the dogs pushed benny out the door and reads that they sent him to the broncs, but you are wrong in suggesting benny is loyal to the dogs, he shut his mouth to protect his own image, it has nothing to do with him being loyal to the dogs, and yes as a bronco fan you should be concerned with that maggot girl basher joining your club.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm more than happy to be proven wrong and i hope i am
but i can't help thinking that if this is true than we condoned this behavior by covering it up. By all accounts it does appear the doggies tried to help barba (rehab etc) but if he hadn't requested to leave and stayed on playing would we be seeing this article?
But the article implies we were trying to boot him?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm more than happy to be proven wrong and i hope i am but i can't help thinking that if this is true than we condoned this behavior by covering it up. By all accounts it does appear the doggies tried to help barba (rehab etc) but if he hadn't requested to leave and stayed on playing would we be seeing this article?
The articles says clearly:

1- the bashed woman didnt want to take the matter to police despite bulldogs asked her to report it.
2- some one from Bulldogs management has given this info to DT, obviously a payback (parting gift) from a disgruntled Dogs official to Barba.

Status
Not open for further replies.