Official Team List Round 21 v Cowboys + Match Discussion

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He was fine, least of our issues.
He's not involved enough in attack. He's dropped numerous uncontested high balls the last few weeks. Covid wouldn't help.. But he needs to bounce back these last four games to prove he's the fullback for next year.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
TPJ to take Vaughan’s spot next year as starting prop and as the tackle one hit-up prop. None of this ball playing before the line by him. He just needs a simple job of running hard and as straight as he can.

Still need 2 or 3 really strong forwards. We were outmuscled today. Cowboys also a lot fitter. Just too big and too strong for us in the forwards.
Just trade TPJ for a reliable prop.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Oh get a grip Dinkum. Sometime a Bulldog just has to vent. Undo your emotionally sensible belt and have a whinge and a bleat like the rest of us.

Im no idiot and realise there are plenty of factors that contributed to our loss, the poor use of TPJ, the shit attitude of TPJ, Averillo not chasing the ball and supporting like he has been, Burton not kicking on early tackles when we are trapped in our 30, JMK pass selection, etc etc

But, the ref is a caaant and we wos robbed!!!!
You on the cans Baz?
If not maybe you should be.
I’m feeling no pain :-).

Never said you were an idiot and don’t think that.
But I’m not going to call cheating when it’s clear other factors were at play, most of which you’ve called out - TPJ was garbage, Burto mistakes like kicking out on the full, general poor field position in a number of sets and others not on their game in general.

We weren’t robbed. We weren’t good enough.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
[QUOTE="Steve Bos, post: 4452424, member: 27267"
Still need 2 or 3 really strong forwards. We were outmuscled today. Cowboys also a lot fitter. Just too big and too strong for us in the forwards.
[/QUOTE]
Totally dominated in the forwards.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He's not involved enough in attack. He's dropped numerous uncontested high balls the last few weeks. Covid wouldn't help.. But he needs to bounce back these last four games to prove he's the fullback for next year.
He literally had a try assist last week and setup another line break. Chimed in with a couple of nice flick ons today also. He didn't doing much in attack because we're constantly defending, not like he's standing out the back doing nothing the entire time.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Ball carrying arm hit the ground then promoted for the touch down when tackle was completed with tacklers on him. Text book double movement.
I’ve seen worse examples.
The bigger shock for me was Leilua working :-).

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The ball was stopped. He was on his back, ball carrying arm hit the floor, momentum stopped and he moved his arms forward and planted the ball down. If he didn’t move his arms, he wouldn’t of scored. Ball was stopped, player held.
The referee disagreed.
Guess that makes him a cheat.
We weren’t winning by that stage anyway.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
And people were wondering why the Broncos were desperate to get rid of him
I always said I wanted him but I never agreed with what we paid for him, massive overs. Hopefully Wayne is sniffing around.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Reckon we should give Skelton a crack at the right centre before we move Kiraz
Kiraz is our best centre, no contest imo. I'd have not him and Skeleton there next season.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually don’t mind losses like this. We competed against a good side but our weaknesses were pretty clearly exposed.

The main one being that Burton is pretty much a one man team. Against good opposition he is our only threat. The 1, 7 and 9 didn’t offer much today. They go ok against ordinary teams but they don’t threaten the top teams. On the other hand all 4 of the cowboys spine are genuine options in attack.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Surely we could get three decent quality props with TPJ and Thompson's money
Na not three haha but yh, definitely get someone a lot more reliable.