Official Team List Round 21 v Cowboys + Match Discussion

DOGSOFWAR2013

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not one single player from the dogs cracked 100 metres.
Lol.
I can't ever remember that happening in another match?

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We need to play near perfect to get the win and we didn’t and made a load of stupid errors in both halves

This is a good assessment of where we are, we won’t be getting the rub of the green till we become a top side again

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep. To me a double movement is when the ball is stopped and clearly promoted - he was still in momentum. But yeah, we went OK, it was a great test against a Top 4 side and we weren’t embarrassed.
Disagree. Looked stopped to me.
And if he was on his belly and reached out like that it would have been called a double movement for sure

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Out classed.
We arent fit like the top teams.
Im not devastated. They are top 4 team for a reason.
We didnt clock off like we did last week, we just got out muscled and ran out of gas.
Still have much to look forward too.
I really like Kiraz, hes a keeper and you just get the feeling he will continue to improve.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It’s clear why we lost. Zane was at the game, why would u go wen on a 0-6 run???

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thought you were above that Baz.
Please don’t join the @AlzzBulldog conspiracy train :-)
Oh get a grip Dinkum. Sometime a Bulldog just has to vent. Undo your emotionally sensible belt and have a whinge and a bleat like the rest of us.

Im no idiot and realise there are plenty of factors that contributed to our loss, the poor use of TPJ, the shit attitude of TPJ, Averillo not chasing the ball and supporting like he has been, Burton not kicking on early tackles when we are trapped in our 30, JMK pass selection, etc etc

But, the ref is a caaant and we wos robbed!!!!

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yep. To me a double movement is when the ball is stopped and clearly promoted - he was still in momentum. But yeah, we went OK, it was a great test against a Top 4 side and we weren’t embarrassed.
The ball was stopped. He was on his back, ball carrying arm hit the floor, momentum stopped and he moved his arms forward and planted the ball down. If he didn’t move his arms, he wouldn’t of scored. Ball was stopped, player held.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
TPJ should start at prop and needs it drummed into him that everything he wants to be in the game - intimidating, a leader, rep honours, whatever - is built on work --> hit ups, defence, line speed, first runs off kick offs etc... without the work, all the would be intimidation from him is just a liability

simply compare what Taumalolo has provided the Cowboys over the years

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Averillo has been poor the last few weeks. Barely involved in attack and shaky under the high ball and in defence. He needs to bounce back in the next few weeks to make that spot his own next year otherwise they'll have to look at other options..

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
We did get pretty bad calls but oh well this is what makes us Dogs

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Ball carrying arm hit the ground then promoted for the touch down when tackle was completed with tacklers on him. Text book double movement.

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Our forwards and fitness are shit simple as that