Official Team List Round 16 v Sharks + Match Discussion

Waldo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don’t think we need a full 7 it would mean more competition for the ball with burton, Flanagan is a very solid role player and is not doing much wrong

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Gotta try, Cronulla chanced their hand with open expansive play to their wingers to score in wet conditions. We played conservatively without any clear direction from our spine ... With all the errors Sharks were making, I was surprised we didn't try be a little risky or expansive when given the chance.
They were able to absorb their mistakes because the ref let them sit on us in the ruck, and let them defend from 8m most of the game. If we'd made too many more mistakes than we did we'd have lost by more.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
limited interchange, no coach, playing in knee deep water and average middle forwards. pair that with declan casey who’s arguably worse than okunbor and it’s no wonder we lost. agree burton was average but how can you put a bomb up with water logged boots? we tried hard and kept the score line respectable. in the dry i think we go a lot better but it is what it is
Yeah top post with reality!

I knew that after TPJ was done that we would struggle. To win today we needed TPJ tough in the middle.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
limited interchange, no coach, playing in knee deep water and average middle forwards. pair that with declan casey who’s arguably worse than okunbor and it’s no wonder we lost. agree burton was average but how can you put a bomb up with water logged boots? we tried hard and kept the score line respectable. in the dry i think we go a lot better but it is what it is
Honestly sharks took a few chances and it worked.. they made way more errors than us.. they weren't very disciplined

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly sharks took a few chances and it worked.. they made way more errors than us.. they weren't very disciplined
agree. they won the middle and threw the ball around and ultimately made more meters and caught us out. apart from the ball to katoa for a try, hynes wasn’t anything special. we had opportunities, RFM dropping the ball etc and didn’t take them. nobody to blame but ourselves

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Better defensive teams yeah I guess. But there wingers are prone to missing tackles, especially Katoa and we only challenged him twice. Was ear we had no idea or game plan.
We played sensible wet weather footy until we fell 2 tries behind and had to play catch up. It’s hard to play expansive footy in a mud bath. I’m sure we would have tested their wingers more if conditions had been more suitable. They didn’t find it easy to score either. We had a few near misses and they made the most of their own chances. We competed against a top 4 side for most of the match and may have even won or forced golden point if not for Casey’s errors.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tackles:
B.Brailey (CSS) 46
J.Marshall-King (CBB) 46
T.Rudolf (CSS) 40

Runs:
C.Waddell (CBB) 20
S.Talakai (CSS) 19
R.Faitala-Mariner (CBB) 18

Metres:
S.Talakai (CSS) 172
J.Ramien (CSS) 165
W.Kennedy (CSS) 161

Completions:
Bulldogs 33/42 (79%)
Sharks 30/39 (77%)

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Worst thing is we go down a spot on the ladder now
If tigers win we get the spot back next week as they have eels and we have a bye and better f/a. So we want tigers to win coz Warriors also have the bye

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We played sensible wet weather footy until we fell 2 tries behind and had to play catch up. It’s hard to play expansive footy in a mud bath. I’m sure we would have tested their wingers more if conditions had been more suitable. They didn’t find it easy to score either. We had a few near misses and they made the most of their own chances. We competed against a top 4 side for most of the match and may have even won or forced golden point if not for Casey’s errors.
Agree. That would of been a tough game for sharks they are 4th Casey’s errors, conditions didn’t suit us but we definitely held our own against a top side, a few thing go our way we were a chance. Your mate flanno was ok, your other mate Allen probably would of of been the difference.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
There's no doubt we had those pricks on the racks, they knew it, we did and so did everyone else watching. Weeks ago we would have never been in that game. Today we all know we showed something in tough conditions. We lost on the score board only.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Look at the stats and see how many tackles Kiraz and Addo-Carr had to make in comparison to Katoa and Mulitalo... We played scared and they took their chances and stretched our defence when it mattered by forcing our players to make hard defensive decisions... We just slogged it up the middle and hoped for the best. The only to E we ever shifted to edges was when Burton gave Schoupp countless hospital passes.