bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Round 16 Team News: Line-up confirmed for Sharks encounter

1656395810560.png

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have finalised their line-up to take on the Cronulla Sutherland Sharks at CommBank Stadium on Saturday 2 July, 3:00PM AEST in Round 16 of the 2022 NRL Premiership.

Bulldog's Declan Casey is set to make his NRL debut for Canterbury-Bankstown, after Corey Allan was recently ruled out due to a groin injury.

Casey has been a key feature for the club's 2nd-placed NSW Cup side in 2022. The son of former St George Dragons and North Sydney Bears player Stephen Casey, Declan will become the 834th player to done the blue and white jersey.

The club will take on the 4th-placed Sharks, looking to secure three wins in a row for the first time since Round 22, 2019 when the Bulldogs overcame the South Sydney Rabbitohs 14-6 at Accor Stadium.

Bulldogs five-eighth Matt Burton will line up for Canterbury-Bankstown this weekend after a successful debut for the NSW Blues. Burton produced a memorable performance for New South Wales, churning out 108 running metres, laying on a try assist and scoring a 4-pointer to help the Blues in a convincing 44-12 win over the Queensland Maroons in Perth on Sunday evening.

Jayden Tanner will round out the changes, after being named as 18th man for today's fixture.

No.PlayerSponsor
1Jake AverilloAIWC
2Jacob KirazTender Loving Care Disability Services
3Aaron SchouppTLH Recruitment
19Declan CaseyHy-Tec
5Josh Addo CarrMMX Projects
6Matt BurtonIntello IT
7Kyle FlanaganJay Productions & Events
8Max KingPenny’s Crispy Pork Crackling
9Jeremey Marshall-KingDaily Press
10Paul VaughanCincotta Chemist Campsie Superstore
11Josh Jackson (C)Khalil Lawyers
15Corey WaddellAccolade Wines
13Tevita Pangai JuniorArmour Cleaning
Interchange Recovery Partners
12Ray Faitala-MarinerPuppi Lovers
14Zach Dockar-ClayDental on Evaline
16Joe StimsonMcDoanlds Punchbowl & Lakemba
17Kurt MorrinGuardian Venue Management
Reserves Recovery Partners
21Jayden Tanner
Coaching StaffNameSponsor
Head CoachMick PotterShoeGrab
Assistant CoachDavid Furner
Assistant CoachCraig Sandercock
Assistant CoachSteve Turner

Match page: https://www.nrl.com/draw/nrl-premiership/2022/round-16/bulldogs-v-sharks/ (Sharks team list)

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Our record against the title pretenders is pretty decent. Cowboys, Roosters and Eels have all fallen to the mighty Bulldogs, Sharks next :D .

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I love what Mick Potter has done since taking over but he's fooling no one by naming Kiraz on the wing every week... Just name him at centre.. I assume Waddell starts for RFM again..
even if they want to keep their numbers for the rest of the year, at least put them in the right positions on the team list.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nice to see Kurt fit to go again, we're light on for prop rotations the second rowers are going to have to lift geez.
I didn't know until yesty Billy T is out for the year..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Wtf why is Kiraz on the wing and Allan centre? /s

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Most importantly it kills me for NRL Fantasy because I don't get dual position eligibility for Kiraz! I need another CTR. :sweatsmile:
Yeah well on that it should go off where players actually play in the game, not where they're named on the team sheet...

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love what Mick Potter has done since taking over but he's fooling no one by naming Kiraz on the wing every week... Just name him at centre.. I assume Waddell starts for RFM again..
I personally rather have Allan centre and Kiraz wing.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I personally rather have Allan centre and Kiraz wing.
I probably would of said the same thing at the beginning (I think Kiraz is more suited to wing and Allan more suited to centre) but I don't think we can change it right now with how we're playing. Kiraz can also be a ball hog and not give Allan the ball which is a positive.