Official Team List Round 16 v Sharks + Match Discussion

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look at the stats and see how many tackles Kiraz and Addo-Carr had to make in comparison to Katoa and Mulitalo... We played scared and they took their chances and stretched our defence when it mattered by forcing our players to make hard defensive decisions... We just slogged it up the middle and hoped for the best. The only to E we ever shifted to edges was when Burton gave Schoupp countless hospital passes.
Our interim coach, the one who’s actually changed us into a competitive side in such a short time was also not there this week, that probably didn’t help either.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Crazy how many of the young (doggies) guy's we have in this team now. Hope Casey is ok, poor c#nt, what a horrible debut! I had hoped that our guy's would of rallied after that, they kind of did the opposite unfortunately.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Our interim coach, the one who’s actually changed us into a competitive side in such a short time was also not there this week, that probably didn’t help either.
Very true, but If people on the couch at home can see sharks weakness, I'd be very concerned if the two who stepped in could not.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You reckon Sharks are susceptible to a dummy half dive over try? I think their team has more discipline around the ruck
Yeah they are good with Brailey tying up the ruck. My thinking on jmk was more our inability to play inside the opposition 20m

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
We tried hard and never gave up. Always a hard ask to beat a top 4 side, and in those conditions which nullified our attack which is speed based, against a bigger pack (especially when TPJ went off early), it always was going to be an uphill battle.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Look at the stats and see how many tackles Kiraz and Addo-Carr had to make in comparison to Katoa and Mulitalo... We played scared and they took their chances and stretched our defence when it mattered by forcing our players to make hard defensive decisions... We just slogged it up the middle and hoped for the best. The only to E we ever shifted to edges was when Burton gave Schoupp countless hospital passes.
Gotta learn to walk before you can crawl. Cronulla are a top 4 team with one of the best defences in the comp. We chose to play a safer brand of wet weather footy snd I’d a few things had gone out way, we might have walked away with the W. We also had Casey on one wing. Had we tried to play more expansively we might have lost by 30.

The improvement in the team since potter took over has been clear and pronounced. I’m not letting one loss against a top 4 team ruin my weekend.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah we lost, but that was still a way better effort than this team would have put in a few months ago. Klein thought the sharts where NSW and let them slow the ruck to absolute zero compounded by some crucial errors by a kid on debut, hope he’s ok after the knock but at least he won’t remember that game. No panic for mine.

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We tried hard and never gave up. Always a hard ask to beat a top 4 side, and in those conditions which nullified our attack which is speed based, against a bigger pack (especially when TPJ went off early), it always was going to be an uphill battle.
A few things go our way we could of won that. While I’d rather win I’m ok with that we gave them a good run for there money. Casey had a terrible debut, rfm drops it over tryline coach not there with Covid, flooded field we were 100000 times better than we were whey Baz was coach

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah we lost, but that was still a way better effort than this team would have put in a few months ago. Klein thought the sharts where NSW and let them slow the ruck to absolute zero compounded by some crucial errors by a kid on debut, hope he’s ok after the knock but at least he won’t remember that game. No panic for mine.
Few months ago we would’ve collapsed early and leaked 30+ and that’s without the 12 Casey basically let in. People just see a loss and look for anything they can knit pick at. Nothing changed today, there was no major drop in performance and Potter having covid sure didn’t help the cause. After the bye south’s,titans and knights I tip us winning all three.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I applaud the boys on their great effort, Cronulla was always going to have the advantage with their big forwards in the cyclone but to their credit our boys hung in there, we could have led in the second half if it wasn't for RFM's drop ball over the line and later we could have equalised, loosing TPJ was a huge blow.
Special mention, I feel sorry for young Casey it wasn't an ideal first game, I am sure he will bounce back.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gotta try, Cronulla chanced their hand with open expansive play to their wingers to score in wet conditions. We played conservatively without any clear direction from our spine ... With all the errors Sharks were making, I was surprised we didn't try be a little risky or expansive when given the chance.
I'm starting to think that there is a problem with Shoupe, since the Parramatta game when the Fox scored of a try of a kick in goal getting there just before Shoupe, I noticed it caused some resentment in Shoupe on the day, since then he does not get the ball out to the Fox, he either takes up himself or runs in field away from the fox it showed in the Balmain game When Shoupe scored the try he had the Fox in support but would not give him the ball & he only just scored the try because fox impeded the Parramatta player who would have run down Shoupe who was running at full pelt.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He should have been, but our stand in fraud coaches were too scared because of the shit JD copped when he hooked Ilias in the first half
They shouldn't give a flying f@ck what the media say & do, it would have been good for Declan to get hooked, as it would be a learning curve for him. Hope he isn't shattered about his game today.