Tbaz on 2KY

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A good interview. An articulate and professional coach, saying the right things. I love hearing the passion for the club. It all reflects well on the image and direction things are headed. This can only help the culture and pave the way for success, on and off the field.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Yep good listen.

In all of the interviews Baz has done I havent heard anyone ask him yet what his plans are for the hooking position both next year and beyond. Happy to stand corrected but I would have thought it would be an important question given how obvious it is we lack a class number 9. I havent heard him say anything about Katoa or JMK.

And also what are we going to do on the 4th tackle in the opposition 20 now that Tolman is gone ?? That needs to be addressed as well
I'm really enjoying giving shit to my mate the Sharks supporter! Nice to know their end of set options are sorted for next year LMAO

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
yes it was daley that said no one should come to the club
Laundy tore him one though when he put a 5xl Dogs Jersey on him at one of his Pubs. I'm surprised he could pass that snoz past through the neckline.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Would be nice, but theres 3 players that are better runners than distributors, it might be barret tearing his hair out.
Cotric probably barely touches the ball because RFM won't pass to him and constantly cuts inside...then on the odd occasion he gets the ball he does the exact same thing as RFM and cuts inside :tearsofjoy:

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would be nice, but theres 3 players that are better runners than distributors, it might be barret tearing his hair out.
They don't need to distribute, our halves just need to give any one of them early ball and they can just run over the top of their man.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think JAC, Cotric and Jackson on one edge and DWZ, Hopoate and RFM on the other edge is the best balance for the team. I'd be separating Cotrc and DWZ as well as Hopoate and Jackson. If we did that our left edge (or whatever side JAC and Cotric are on) would be a lot better than our right. If Okunbor was to come in instead of DWZ I'd probably keep it the same still.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Very in depth and honest interview.
The whole landscape at bulldogs changed since Trent came on board.
I think we can look forward to some more signings soon.
No shit ... been saying it all along, TBAZ Legend.!!!

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Baz sais all the right things.
I know we are still underdone in key positions but love the fact that the club is determined to get recruitment right instead of panic buying.
Not expecting big things next year and Im fine with that. Still, confident on improvement on previous years.
Sounds like the Club is building wisely for years to come. Very happy with the way things are going.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'd be looking for Flanagan to use his kicking game to the advantage of JAC. He has a good kicking game and JAC has shown many times he is good at the chase and good at responding to heads up footy.
The blueprints already there. C. Smith and Hughes were doing that this year. We just have to copy it and train for it.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for that history lesson on Cement. I was born in 83 but didn't start watching footy until 1994 so I obviously missed the whole 80s era. I've watched highlights of those games but it still doesn't give a sense of how good Mortimer, Lamb, Gillespie, etc were. I can't imagine how good it would have felt to have witnessed us winning 4 grand finals in a decade. Since I've been watching footy, we've only won 2 :sob: :sob: :sob:
No worries mate. I was lucky I was born in the right time. I missed the 35+ years of misery where we didn't win a comp, saw the great Mortimer weave his magic especially in that magic run of 1979 we went almost became the first team to win the comp from 5th place ( the old days of the top 5 in the playoffs). He was a sensation with blinding speed off a standing start and could score brilliant long range solo tries from dummy half or the scrum base. The only Dogs players comparable to him with that sort of speed and brilliance were McGrady and Barba but they could only do it for 1 season. Davies only played with us for 1 year and he was similar to Turvey.
Gillespie and Peter Kelly were a nightmare for the opposition. I remember listening to the radio and laughing when the commentators were saying the Parra forwards were deliberately avoiding Cement when they had the ball. You could see it in their eyes in the post match interviews that Parra were shell shocked after that 85 GF qualifier. Peter Kelly was sent off for a high tackle in the first minute against the bunnies on Anzac Day back in the days when there were only 2 or 4 reserves with no revolving interchange. A man down the Dogs forwards aimed up and smashed the bunnies something like 20-0. Mortimer and co were so good the ARL changed the rule from 5m to 10m to stop us winning 3 comps in a row.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The blueprints already there. C. Smith and Hughes were doing that this year. We just have to copy it and train for it.
Yup, but can't see Lewis doing it. Getting Flanagan was key. Haven't seen much of Burton's kicking game...

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting Farrar back in the fold after being fired under two years ago. Must’ve fallen out with the Andersons. Nice to see history woven into the future.
Yep, used to love watching his shuffle back in the 80's.
4 became my favourite number & I used to spend my time imitating him in backyard games...only problem I was too fat & slow to play centers.. ended up amongst the pigs...good to have him back aboard... & surprise surprise I'm still fat & slow ....for the moment the circle is complete...

DG-Bulldog

New Pup
Reaction score
One point in this interview of interest is that we secured every recruitment target. And to be fair, the recruitment has been excellent. Very measured, very considered and no panic buys. Even re-negotiating the Blake Green deal was a great result. Signing quality with good value for money. It’s exciting. As a proud club, we should be in the market for any top class player over the next 2-3 years. Let’s go Doggies !!

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yep, used to love watching his shuffle back in the 80's.
4 became my favourite number & I used to spend my time imitating him in backyard games...only problem I was too fat & slow to play centers.. ended up amongst the pigs...good to have him back aboard... & surprise surprise I'm still fat & slow ....for the moment the circle is complete...
Don’t be too hard on yourself mate.
Farrar had a decent fend too.
Speaking of shuffles and imitating players of the era, as a kid I used to practice goal kicking over the palm tree in my front yard with a Bulldogs branded footy pretending to be Ross Conlon :-).

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don’t be too hard on yourself mate.
Farrar had a decent fend too.
Speaking of shuffles and imitating players of the era, as a kid I used to practice goal kicking over the palm tree in my front yard with a Bulldogs branded footy pretending to be Ross Conlon :-).
Yeah great fend & also bump from Farrar in the day!
Never much of a goal kicker myself...but what a kicker Conlon was though, particularly for the times!!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yup, but can't see Lewis doing it. Getting Flanagan was key. Haven't seen much of Burton's kicking game...
Burton likes a good kick in behind. We've got the halves to do it.