Tbaz on 2KY

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Really good interview with some decent questions for once if you can’t be bothered listening here’s the key points.
-The Flange will play a Cleary type role and have his hands on the ball a lot.
-Wants people to take away how organised and clinical the attack is and how tough in defence we are when people watch us.
-Impressed with RFM on a edge and noticed similarities with Kikau
-It sounds like those last 3 roster spots are being kept open for the possible release of JAC and Burton and will be filled with juniors if they don’t come.
-We haven’t missed on any of his recruitment targets and he has full control over which players he can recruit.
-Cement Gillespie, Andrew Farrar and Joe Thomas have been regulars at training.
-Tbaz has incorporated daily Bulldogs history lessons at training.

Last edited:

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really good interview with some decent questions for once if you can’t be bothered listening here’s the key points.
-Wants people to take away how organised and clinical the attack is when people watch us.
-It sounds like those last 3 roster spots are being kept open for the possible release of JAC and Burton and will be filled with juniors if they don’t come.
-We haven’t missed on any of his recruitment targets.
Great yarn & to have 3 club legends & winners around the team!!

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Always great to hear from him and nice that RFM is already making an impression. Sounds like he does want to replicate the Penrith style of play where possible so if Flanagan = Cleary then I wonder what his thought process is on the number 9 given Korosiau was so pivotal to their success this year. You'd think Wakeham may be the closest we have to that style of player at hooker but I have doubts on how he can handle the defensive workload in the middle. That really is going to be our achilles heel in 2021. You'd hope either Wakeham is a revelation there or JMK improves massively over the off season.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like a great interview - For some reason when I click the link it says it can't find the episode...
I didnt realise Cement, Farrar and Thomas have been at the training sessions, hope the young fellas know who they are and can learn a thing or two from these guys.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't see Wakeham doing 40 tackles a game in the middle. He's too small and would get trampled by big forwards. He's shown he does't have much in attack anyway - no more than JMK. Lewis could definitely handle the front on defence but he'd have to learn a passing game and he's not exactly quick off the mark to spark much in attack. Does have a good boot though. JMK may improve a bit if Barrett tells him to simply run a lot more himself and fix up his passing game a bit. I hope we're really going hard for B Smith but if we miss out because he wants to be near his family in QLD we should get serious on pursuing Daryl Clark.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Always great to hear from him and nice that RFM is already making an impression. Sounds like he does want to replicate the Penrith style of play where possible so if Flanagan = Cleary then I wonder what his thought process is on the number 9 given Korosiau was so pivotal to their success this year. You'd think Wakeham may be the closest we have to that style of player at hooker but I have doubts on how he can handle the defensive workload in the middle. That really is going to be our achilles heel in 2021. You'd hope either Wakeham is a revelation there or JMK improves massively over the off season.
I think that is where Tbaz will have to change things a bit. Penrith had Dylan Edwards at fullback who isn't much of a creative ball player so maybe Averillo at fullback could take on more of a playmaking role to make up for the lack of a creative hooker? We just don't have the talent that Penrith has so Tbaz might have to throw some shit at the wall and see what sticks.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I can't see Wakeham doing 40 tackles a game in the middle. He's too small and would get trampled by big forwards. He's shown he does't have much in attack anyway - no more than JMK. Lewis could definitely handle the front on defence but he'd have to learn a passing game and he's not exactly quick off the mark to spark much in attack. Does have a good boot though. JMK may improve a bit if Barrett tells him to simply run a lot more himself and fix up his passing game a bit. I hope we're really going hard for B Smith but if we miss out because he wants to be near his family in QLD we should get serious on pursuing Daryl Clark.
Agree about Clark. Had hoped he was coming here under the radar

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
-Wants people to take away how organised and clinical the attack is and how tough in defence we are when people watch us.
-We haven’t missed on any of his recruitment targets and he has full control over which players he can recruit.
It would be disappointing to fill the last 3 spots with juniors tbh... our squad next season is still lacking big time

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It would be disappointing to fill the last 3 spots with juniors tbh... our squad next season is still lacking big time
It is what it is and it's pretty understandable when you factor everything in.

They probably want to keep the roster spots and cap space open for as long as possible so they are ready to go if they get a release and then you have to consider just who is available? I'd rather give Topine and Schoupp a chance over buying someone for the sake of it. The squad is still lacking but it's not all going to get fixed in one off season in saying that I'm impressed with what they have done so far.

Another thing to consider is that is just their plan. Who knows what will actually happen they showed with Flanagan that if a player becomes available who they want they will go after them.

Last edited:

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is what it is and it's pretty understandable when you factor everything in.

They probably want to keep the roster spots and cap space open for as long as possible so they are ready to go if they get a release and then you have to consider just who is available? I'd rather give Topine and Schoupp a chance over buying someone for the sake of it. The squad is still lacking but it's not all going to get fixed in one off season in saying that I'm impressed with what they have done so far.
Agreed. We not fully out of it yet. We have taken massive strides to get there but 2022 is The focus to actually make a dent into the top 8 it seems, and Also remember We have a shit load of players coming off contract end of 2021 some on some pretty decent coin as well so even though the 3 players might be promoted we will still be announcing new signings for next year no doubt about that. And I’m pretty sure Tbaz knows already in his mind who he doesn’t want to keep.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Imagine RFM, Cotric and Okunbour tearing it up on the left edge!!!

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sounds like a great interview - For some reason when I click the link it says it can't find the episode...
I didnt realise Cement, Farrar and Thomas have been at the training sessions, hope the young fellas know who they are and can learn a thing or two from these guys.
Those guys might be giving some of the history lessons...