TARGETS: Who Barrett wants in, and out, At Bulldogs (Daily Telegraph)

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Was it old mate nasheed saying cartwright was definitely coming across as an assistant? Cant be bothered finding the post.

Well he has come out today saying he wont be joining Barrett.
not me, and i have not heard anything from inside the club to day so.
i did mention it was a good idea though.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why you so angry?
Cause that little persian prince just goes on with so much shit it does my head in.
And he does not even support the dogs, hes a proud south sydney sipporter. Where his second team, all his words.
And then every canterbury supporter in the country on this site has to put up with so much anal bullshit from a fucked up souths supporter. Thats why im angry.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agree 100%
He wont be released early by Penrith. Hes a cheap backup for them. Why the hell would they let him go? Longer term Burton could be a ball playing lock or playing some centres. With Clearys representative career in mind Penrith are acutely aware they need a good backup.
They are aware of Burtons potential and will be keeping him,

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Cause that little persian prince just goes on with so much shit it does my head in.
And he does not even support the dogs, hes a proud south sydney sipporter. Where his second team, all his words.
And then every canterbury supporter in the country on this site has to put up with so much anal bullshit from a fucked up souths supporter. Thats why im angry.
Please point out post where I said dogs are my second favourite team?

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burtons played 4 games in his preferred position. How about giving Averillo 4 games in his preferred position? Then we’ll know if need burton or not.

Averillo had 20 minutes in 5/8 and we looked instantly better in attack, and he set up a try of a perfect kick in goal.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
SHOOSH

Conditioner Trent Elkin has knocked back an approach from incoming Bulldogs coach Trent Barrett to stick solid with Brad Arthur at the Eels.

MICK POTTER’S PUPPY SCHOOL

Former Dally M player-of-the-year Mick Potter is making a comeback to coaching.

He has been appointed head coach of Mounties, now the feeder club for the Canterbury Bulldogs.

Potter won the Dally M award when he was playing fullback at the Bulldogs in 1984.

He will work closely with new Canterbury coach Trent Barrett to develop fringe first graders.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Interesting. I'm not fussed about that Elkin guy tbh as I don't think Parra are that fit. I don't know who the trainer was at Penrith but they all had a great off season as it was physically obvious... Maybe it was Stephan Dank lol

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Was it old mate nasheed saying cartwright was definitely coming across as an assistant? Cant be bothered finding the post.

Well he has come out today saying he wont be joining Barrett.
think it was Holland

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just block him. Makes like so much easier. Really.

The guy is here to increase conversations, dynamics of the site. Whether people like it or not he gets people talking on here, and by constantly biting to his comments he'll always continue with it.

Block him and you don't get sucked into the black hole.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
SHOOSH

Conditioner Trent Elkin has knocked back an approach from incoming Bulldogs coach Trent Barrett to stick solid with Brad Arthur at the Eels.

He has been appointed head coach of Mounties, now the feeder club for the Canterbury Bulldogs.

Potter won the Dally M award when he was playing fullback at the Bulldogs in 1984.

He will work closely with new Canterbury coach Trent Barrett to develop fringe first graders.

Never nice getting not back ... hopefully we find the right person but I'm really happy seeing him out there trying to get the best. That's what it's all about!

Glad. Really glad that Potter's back. From memory there was talk some while ago that he may be in line to coach us in some capacity? That's years ago and I seem to remember being happy about it :grinning:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Just block him. Makes like so much easier. Really.

The guy is here to increase conversations, dynamics of the site. Whether people like it or not he gets people talking on here, and by constantly biting to his comments he'll always continue with it.

Block him and you don't get sucked into the black hole.
Ignoring works also.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
He wont be released early by Penrith. Hes a cheap backup for them. Why the hell would they let him go? Longer term Burton could be a ball playing lock or playing some centres. With Clearys representative career in mind Penrith are acutely aware they need a good backup.
They are aware of Burtons potential and will be keeping him,
Yes, I have been pulling my hair out with all TK posters listing Burton in their team for next season. There is zero chance he will be at Canterbury in 2021.

he is contracted to 2021 so the club can't even talk to him until November. So plenty of time for Penrith to extend him and also Penrith are well and truly in their premiership window. That will also be an incentive to stay?

Club needs to try and get Brandon Smith. That is also a long shot but gotta try and get him.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
SHOOSH

Wasn't Trent Elkin at the Sharks with Flanagan when they had their doping scandal?

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, I have been pulling my hair out with all TK posters listing Burton in their team for next season. There is zero chance he will be at Canterbury in 2021.

he is contracted to 2021 so the club can't even talk to him until November. So plenty of time for Penrith to extend him and also Penrith are well and truly in their premiership window. That will also be an incentive to stay?

Club needs to try and get Brandon Smith. That is also a long shot but gotta try and get him.
It's not zero chance - there is a chance.

Wasn't Klemmer still contracted to us yet he somehow left for Newcastle. How did that happen? Did he just request a release, become a free agent and then Newcastle offered him a deal 2 minutes later or did he have a deal with Newcastle before he requested a release?

Clubs negotiate with contracted players all the time.....this is how it works in the real world. It's not supposed to happen but it happens all the time

Nasheed did say we were negotiating with him and I hope its true. (yes I know the source is Nasheed but I'm hoping he's right).

Penrith have 3.5 months to extend him...but that's assuming he wants to stay. Penrith are flying but he's not really a part of it so how much enjoyment does he really get out of it. I'm assuming that if you're not in the 17, you don't really feel part of the team (I know I wouldn't). The only way he'll get a run is if Cleary, Luai or May get injured and I don't think he would be happy with that

I can see us signing him in November on a 3 year deal. If we do that and he then requests a release, there is a chance Penrith will release him depending on whether they have another gun junior to replace him. They may not release him immediately but I can see it happening.

Or I could be completely wrong and you could be completely right.........who the hell knows but I sure hope it's me :laughing:

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I hate the idea of a loan deal. It hardly helped the Tigers with Grant and it only benefits the loaning club long term.. If the Tigers didn't loan Grant, he would have been so disgruntled with not playing at all this season that he would have been on the market for a permanent move..

We need to exploit the lack of playing time for Burton and try and sign him for next season or make him a huge offer for 2022 and hope that Penrith release him early.
Difference is Harry is not off contract next year. If Burton plays for us and settles in next year we are a bigger chance of signing him given he’s off contract the following year and doesn’t have to negotiate a release. Can’t see Penrith agreeing they may just let him go if he wants first grade next year.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The only news I have received is Foran is not happy with the 1 year offer.

Des is trying to bring Kieran back to Manly, but has to offload a couple of players. I have been told that Des has offered Dylan Walker to Barrett, to ease cap pressure off Manly.

Barrett has said NO to the offer, and has told Des AFB if he needs to ease cap pressure. Haven't heard anything since
Nice one Baz... AFB type front rower to partner Thommo and Naps back to his bench role he had at roosters... (just on a lot more money unfortunately)

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Difference is Harry is not off contract next year. If Burton plays for us and settles in next year we are a bigger chance of signing him given he’s off contract the following year and doesn’t have to negotiate a release. Can’t see Penrith agreeing they may just let him go if he wants first grade next year.
Yeah that's the difference and why they'd be unlikely to loan Burton unless they had him locked up long term. Either way, I'm against the loan system in general unless there's a clause where the loaning team has an option to sign the player.