TARGETS: Who Barrett wants in, and out, At Bulldogs (Daily Telegraph)

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi All.
I am hoping someone has access to the TeleCrap so they can post this story. I'm interested to see what it says.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I know he wants Holland out....:kissingclosed:
I heard he was going to call Elliott too....

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Post the link and I'll post.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Can’t find the link or story ?

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s a nothing article . He wants coaching staff out and new people in which we all know

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, the article hasn't been posted yet
Anyway, I'm gonna treat this news the same way a hillbilly Trump supporter treat any news they hear...
If it news I like, I'll believe it (even if it's BS)
If it news I don't like, then clearly its "fayk nooz"

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can’t find the link or story ?
The story can be found on the DT website when you click on the Bulldog icon where all the club icons are. All related Bulldogs stores will come up and it is in there somewhere.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The story can be found on the DT website when you click on the Bulldog icon where all the club icons are. All related Bulldogs stores will come up and it is in there somewhere.
I can't find it. If you link me the DT one I can post.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
NRL 2020: Trent Barrett dumps Canterbury Bulldogs coaching staff, eyes Panther

Dean Ritchie, The Daily Telegraph
August 12, 2020 5:50pm

New Canterbury coach Trent Barrett will dump his coaching staff.

In a shock development, the Bulldogs are expected to cut current interim coach Steve Georgallis, head of high performance, Tony Ayoub, and two strength and conditioning coaches, Harry Harris and Tony Grimaldi.
They were all off contract, Barrett forced to either extend or move the club in another direction. He will bring in his own coaching and backroom team.

Trent Barrett will bring his own coaching staff to Belmore next year. Picture: Getty Images

The development will rock Canterbury, although insiders insist change is needed with the club running last on the NRL competition table.

Gold Coast head of high performance, Dan Ferris, is expected to join Barrett at Belmore. Barrett and Ferris worked together at Manly.
Georgallis, an assistant coach who took over from sacked Dean Pay on July 14, has applied for the vacant North Queensland coaching job.
The cull started last weekend when veteran trainer Garry Carden — deemed by players as the “the heart and soul” of the club – was dumped.
A month earlier, when Pay was dumped, assistant coach Steve Antonelli quit.
Those close to the club believe Barrett and his new coaching staff will bring a more flamboyant playing style next season.

Interim Bulldogs coach Steve Georgallis won’t be part of Trent Barrett’s coaching staff next season. Picture: Phil Hillyard

Ayoub is an experienced trainer – he worked with the Australian Kangaroos — Harris is highly regarded, while Grimaldi is a former Bulldogs forward.
Harris and Ayoub have had two stints at the Bulldogs while Grimaldi played 119 NRL matches for Canterbury between 1996 and 1998 and then again between 2002 and 2006.
The Bulldogs, meanwhile, have discussed signing Brisbane forward Tevita Pangai. Canterbury has been quietly circling Pangai for more than a year.
The Bulldogs revealed on Monday that forward Adam Elliott had re-signed for a further three years.

Adam Elliott has re-signed with the Bulldogs. Picture: AAP

“Adam has become a fantastic leader at Belmore and when he runs onto the field for the Bulldogs you can feel the passion he has for the club,” Bulldogs CEO Andrew Hill said.
“He had also shown during the early part of this season that he was one of the form back-rowers in the competition.”

Teammate Dylan Napa added: “He’s a quality player, our best all year.”
There is also ongoing speculation Canterbury is interested in Penrith five-eighth Matt Burton, a gun player unable to crack a spot in the table-topping Panthers side.
Approaching Burton may be awkward though given Barrett is still an assistant coach at Penrith.