Sydney Protesters

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
To that stupid bitch who blocked the harbor tunnel and placed her own head in a bike lock and locked it to her steering wheel... I have a special place to insert a thorny stick directly inside you.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Protesters these days are really terrible at it. If you want to raise awareness, that's fine. But don't do it by pissing everyone off.
Playing devils advocate - how do you do that without pissing everyone off?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Playing devils advocate - how do you do that without pissing everyone off?
Honestly, there isn't many ways to do it. Basic hearts and minds. Push atrocities through marketing (climate is killing children!), but try to be friendly to moderates.

Protesting by blocking traffic only results in moderates taking a stance against climate action out of spite.

Only way to ever shift the views of moderates is through convincing them that they want what you want. Treating them as the enemy only makes them more of an enemy. That's why conspiracies work so well. It doesn't matter what the conspiracy is. It's the fact that conspiracy theorists see you as an enemy. So anything you say is the opposite of the truth.

That's also why I like to use the "there is no moon" tactic with moon landing conspiracy theorists. It causes confusion which makes them second guess themselves.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I like that naked vegan protester that dresses up as animals. Hope she dresses up as a cat..

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Modern day hippies, don't use electricity, drive cars or catch trains, they use energy that emits carbon.
They should of tipped her car over out of the way.
Coal is King, Australia relies on it until nuclear power stations are fazed in and they don't like them either.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Honestly, there isn't many ways to do it. Basic hearts and minds. Push atrocities through marketing (climate is killing children!), but try to be friendly to moderates.

Protesting by blocking traffic only results in moderates taking a stance against climate action out of spite.

Only way to ever shift the views of moderates is through convincing them that they want what you want. Treating them as the enemy only makes them more of an enemy. That's why conspiracies work so well. It doesn't matter what the conspiracy is. It's the fact that conspiracy theorists see you as an enemy. So anything you say is the opposite of the truth.

That's also why I like to use the "there is no moon" tactic with moon landing conspiracy theorists. It causes confusion which makes them second guess themselves.
Its an interesting issue. I agree with their position, I also believe the govt/police have gone OTT on them which if played correctly, could have gotten them a sympathy vote. But they are instead coming across as hippies (and I want to make it clear coners are not hippies, we wouldn't break bong with these tight arse ferals. They ruin our image).

But I agree, not much you can do these days to get air time without being a pain.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Its an interesting issue. I agree with their position, I also believe the govt/police have gone OTT on them which if played correctly, could have gotten them a sympathy vote. But they are instead coming across as hippies (and I want to make it clear coners are not hippies, we wouldn't break bong with these tight arse ferals. They ruin our image).

But I agree, not much you can do these days to get air time without being a pain.
As I see it, disruption only causes real change if it directly causes real change. For example, if you want to really stop climate change then you kill half the earth's population Thanos style.

As that's not an option, your only chance is by winning hearts and minds.

I mean, you have over 99.999% of climate scientists telling you that anthropogenic climate change is a major issue, and in response you have a large portion of the population saying, "Anthropogenic Climate Change is a hoax!"

Meanwhile when you enforce vaccination you end up with a record number of anti-vaxxers.

No amount of truth will change their stance. The only way to turn people is to make them allies.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Allegedly she's from Lismore and lost a lot in the floods. Could be a sign of trauma