Fox Sports Sydney Clubs Circle 'Underpaid’ Haas

Malla

Reaction score
We have no chance on signing Haas. If he leaves the Broncos it will be to play at the Roosters. They have plenty of cap space now, so would not be surprised if he's wearing a chooks jersey next year or the year after at the earliest.

As for TPJ, last I heard is that we won't over pay for him so not sure where that's at. Probably a benefit for us that Tigers have pulled out, but then he might just stick it out at Broncos this year and next year and try get a bigger deal at the end of next season.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give him 5 million over 5 years. And even hire a full time body guard/minder to keep his mum out of trouble. And give her a Daily free family meal voucher from punchbowl maccas too.

This guy would be the hottest commodity in the nrl. Trade Jackson, avo, and Elliot and get Barrett to give wristies to Walters, ikin and Lockyer to get it over the line :p
The wristies is what would get it done i reckon. Do you think Tbaz has soft hands?

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have said this before, the Rorters are clearing the path for him.
I doubt $BW and money Mundine are working for us, it's more likely for the R:frowning:rters !!!
Surely SBW is recruiting for his beloved Roosters and not us

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't complain either, the main targets should be Smith and Haas or Fisher-Harris.
I prefer Fisher-Harris as a leader and a captain.
If we achieve this, all pieces will fall in place !!!
Fisher Harris resigned with Penrith for a few more years, no chance

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give him 5 million over 5 years. And even hire a full time body guard/minder to keep his mum out of trouble. And give her a Daily free family meal voucher from punchbowl maccas too.

This guy would be the hottest commodity in the nrl. Trade Jackson, avo, and Elliot and get Barrett to give wristies to Walters, ikin and Lockyer to get it over the line :p
I could live with that!

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As for TPJ, last I heard is that we won't over pay for him so not sure where that's at. Probably a benefit for us that Tigers have pulled out, but then he might just stick it out at Broncos this year and next year and try get a bigger deal at the end of next season.
Seriously? What does the club consider to be 'overs'? The bloke is on $700k apparently, Brisbane will pay some of that freight, even if they ONLY chip in $200k i think $500k is more than reasonable considering how much we pay Napa and Elliot to do fuck all. They've got to get it done

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Seriously? What does the club consider to be 'overs'? The bloke is on $700k apparently, Brisbane will pay some of that freight, even if they ONLY chip in $200k i think $500k is more than reasonable considering how much we pay Napa and Elliot to do fuck all. They've got to get it done
And what about the following season?

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And what about the following season?
We've got more off contract next year too, im sure we can factor in the remaining $200k (if it is $200k, im sure Brisbane would be paying much more than that like they have with Lodge...)

Malla

Reaction score
He wants longer than 2 years and around the 700-800k mark from what I know. Now the issue is Ikin probably doesn't want to pay much freight, so it would mean more money spent from dogs or dragons. The impact that has it if we pay him that money and sign him to that contract, we can lose players like Topine and Averillo to other teams offering way more.

TPJ is good though, would love him at the Dogs.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He wants longer than 2 years and around the 700-800k mark from what I know. Now the issue is Ikin probably doesn't want to pay much freight, so it would mean more money spent from dogs or dragons. The impact that has it if we pay him that money and sign him to that contract, we can lose players like Topine and Averillo to other teams offering way more.

TPJ is good though, would love him at the Dogs.
700k LOL. Fuck that.

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What’s big Nelson’s contract like ? Throw 700k at him and forget TPJ

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You just hope bringing in Capewell and making a few more dumb big money signings (like pikachu) would mean they don’t have the 400k top up he wants/deserves.

Sad thing is a few big Buck duds coming off the books:sleepy:

Haas is one guy that does it on both ends. He is the taumalolo v2.1. Runs hard, tackles hard, plays big mins, never misses tackles. Just the attention he’d attract would make everyone else’s job easier.

And he is what 21-22 or something? Insane.
If he continues that way, he will be a invalid by 28 years of age

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Surely its not all over with the roosters cant tell me the laundys aren’t helping us

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Haas Should Be Our Number One Target.

3rd story down

Although you would think that Broncos will definitely top up his salary to keep him and won't let him break his contract.
They will keep him. Or he will go to any other team but the Dogs.