Fox Sports Sydney Clubs Circle 'Underpaid’ Haas

steveng

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Bulldogs recruitment strategy

Target haas but end up with jamil hopoate for double the price
Unfortunately the current recruitment / management team is no different to the previous lot, especially when I hear "lets see what movement happens at other clubs at the end of the year " then that confirms that we have no recruitment strategy, great teams have a recruitment plan that is put in place well in advance of the season , with a Plan A and B and goes after it !

I'm afraid that we will be in the same boat for a few years to come, even with the new recruits, unless we can sign an experienced half or a Dummy half to help lead the team around the park, as Flanno, Averillo & Wakeham are not the answer to play along side Burton and JMK is too inconsistent and the halves and nines can't do much without strong middles, which we may be missing 1 or 2.

Anyway we live in hope that someone gets it right?

Last edited:

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Laundy’s are already near Billionaires, I don’t think they need a struggling Bulldogs to help them out.

the old boys used to frequent the twin willows back in the day and Arthur and Bullfrog held a bond, if anything, it’s their way of giving us a hand and reviving Bullfrog’s legacy.
If only you knew what the Laundys and Lynne ( Moore ) Anderson had in plans for the club you wouldn't be saying this :nomouth: :nomouth: :nomouth:
My question is...Why did Lynne and Co. disappeared so swiftly ?
Some of us want to believe for the club's sake...Yeh :frowning:

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Unfortunately the current recruitment / management team is no different to the previous lot, especially when I hear "lets see what movement happens at other clubs at the end of the year " then that confirms that we have no recruitment strategy, great teams have a recruitment plan that is put in place well in advance of the season , with a Plan A and B and goes after it !

I'm afraid that we will be in the same boat for a few years to come, even with the new recruits, unless we can sign an experienced half or a Dummy half to help lead the team around the park, as Flanno, Averillo & Wakeham are not the answer to play along side Burton and JMK is too inconsistent and the halves and nines can't do much without strong middles, which we may be missing 1 or 2.

Anyway we live in hope that someone gets it right?
The problem we've had for several years is we got used to buying other teams rejects, we whinged and complained about it to no avail and now the current management are trying to do correct those mistakes attempting to sign quality players only, unfortunately these quality players are contracted.
Now we have two choices...more of the same.
Or be patient and sign the right players...I know I would !!!

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If only you knew what the Laundys and Lynne ( Moore ) Anderson had in plans for the club you wouldn't be saying this :nomouth: :nomouth: :nomouth:
Relocation??

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The problem we've had for several years is we got used to buying other teams rejects, we whinged and complained about it to no avail and now the current management are trying to do correct those mistakes attempting to sign quality players only, unfortunately these quality players are contracted.
Now we have two choices...more of the same.
Or be patient and sign the right players...I know I would !!!
That’s a garbage policy if that’s the case. We are no guarantee to get ‘said’ players, meanwhile we bleed out. Our strategy can’t be last to first and we need to horse trade out way through the field as I see it. This lit are not instilling any confidence in me atm

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
???? Please tell.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That’s a garbage policy if that’s the case. We are no guarantee to get ‘said’ players, meanwhile we bleed out. Our strategy can’t be last to first and we need to horse trade out way through the field as I see it. This lit are not instilling any confidence in me atm
What would you do is you had two perfectly needed players of amazing quality wanting to join the club but can't at the moment...
Wouldn't you be patient too ?

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What would you do is you had two perfectly needed players of amazing quality wanting to join the club but can't at the moment...
Haas/JT and Smith?
Yes I'd be patient for those 2

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Are we sure these players ‘want’ to play here? Or just want out of wherever they are?
Id definitely be placing timelines on ‘said’ players otherwise move on.
If I’m not mistaken it’s club first, individual second, at least that was the ethos the club used to work by.
We are a long way off the back in last place, and although what you say sounds promising, and I’m not doubting you personally, it sounds like a ‘hale Mary’ play to me. We are an out and out rabble, and diabolical football team.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Are we sure these players ‘want’ to play here? Or just want out of wherever they are?
Id definitely be placing timelines on ‘said’ players otherwise move on.
If I’m not mistaken it’s club first, individual second, at least that was the ethos the club used to work by.
We are a long way off the back in last place, and although what you say sounds promising, and I’m not doubting you personally, it sounds like a ‘hale Mary’ play to me. We are an out and out rabble, and diabolical football team.
We all know, we are desperate for a prop and a hooker, can you think of anyone special off contract ?
Therefore we have no choice but wait and hope for the best, otherwise we would be breaking the rules !

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We need more than a prop and hooker mate.
Waiting, for what?
Its quite clear we have no strategy, or perhaps we did and it’s not worked. I, like many glued on fans, are just sitting here utterly bewildered atthe situation. The fact we haven’t been more assertive in the player market (since 1 November last year) is just moronic, in my view. We now reap what we sow.
The club, and Baz are lost and it’s painful to see.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Give him 5 million over 5 years. And even hire a full time body guard/minder to keep his mum out of trouble. And give her a Daily free family meal voucher from punchbowl maccas too.

This guy would be the hottest commodity in the nrl. Trade Jackson, avo, and Elliot and get Barrett to give wristies to Walters, ikin and Lockyer to get it over the line :p
Not 5 years.
4 tops
Big island boys (hope that isn’t racist but it’s an observation, but delete if inappropriate) like this have a tendency to cruise when the pressures off. 5 years for 5 mil has just sorted out his life so he will be poppin Henny.
Well any player really is prone to this. But it just takes 5 kgs of pure fat on a naturally big guy and it will be just a little harder to run ans he will be in unfamiliar territorry and then it unravels and we have a Greg Eastwood or Andrew Fifita scenario.
Even JT has been copping criticism for this

Mattreneeandgus

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We need more than a prop and hooker mate.
Waiting, for what?
Its quite clear we have no strategy, or perhaps we did and it’s not worked. I, like many glued on fans, are just sitting here utterly bewildered atthe situation. The fact we haven’t been more assertive in the player market (since 1 November last year) is just moronic, in my view. We now reap what we sow.
The club, and Baz are lost and it’s painful to see.
Haas and Smith makes a massive difference, with what we have already coming next year, and getting players back from injury

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why say anything at all then? I am so sick of the " I know something you don't know" big noters.
Put up or shut up.
That’s all this guy does. Makes vague statements and acts like he’s in the know. Thinks it’s funny trying to make people guess what is going on when he has no clue himself. Best to ignore

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That’s all this guy does. Makes vague statements and acts like he’s in the know. Thinks it’s funny trying to make people guess what is going on when he has no clue himself. Best to ignore
Common guys...Did you believe only Nostradamus had a Crystal Ball :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: