Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
https://outline.com/eDrj5X

NRL chief with police to witness full extent of Bulldogs’ outrageous behaviour

SEPTEMBER 06, 2018

NRL boss Todd Greenberg viewed the CCTV footage of the drunken Mad Monday debauchery which led to police charging two Bulldogs players before the overarching rugby league body handed out the most serious penalty for poor player behaviour in the game’s history.

Greenberg was spotted at The Rocks Police Station yesterday morning where he witnessed the full extent of Canterbury-Bankstown’s post-season blowout prior to whacking the club with a $250,000 fine.

The abhorrent behaviour he saw included a prolonged stint by a player standing naked on a table with other players grabbing at him.

The footage was even more damaging than photos first exclusively published by the Daily Telegraph and led to police pressing charges against Adam Elliott and Asipeli Fine.

Elliott and Fine will appear in court next month after they were both charged with wilful and obscene exposure. The maximum sentence is six months jail.

Reserve grade player Zac Woolford, who is understood to have grabbed Elliott’s genitalia when he was parading through the Harbour View Hotel in The Rocks, was issued an infringement notice for offensive conduct.

The son of former Canberra Raiders star Simon Woolford was fined $660 and will not have to appear in court.

The host of the event, the Harbour View Hotel — which has held the Bulldogs’ past three Mad Mondays — has been given five penalty notices, two for permitting indecent behaviour and three for permitting intoxication.

Last night the players were fully clothed as they attended the club’s presentation night at Bicentennial Park.

Fine and winger Marcelo Montoya, who was pictured on Monday night throwing up and unconscious, were among the group filing into the Waterview function centre led by coach Dean Pay and other club officials.

It is also understood that while viewing the footage yesterday, Greenberg was frustrated when he saw shots being consumed despite a long stint of drinking. The fear of the footage being publicly leaked contributed to the NRL’s record fine.

It comes as coach Pay and general manager of football Gareth Holmes will be called to front the Bulldogs board and explain why the club-sanctioned event spiralled out of control with the duo — and other staff — in attendance on Monday.

The club hit four players with $60,000 worth of fines including Elliott, Fine (both $25,000 with $10,000 suspended), Woolford and Marcelo Montoya (both $10,000 with $5000 suspended).

Canterbury have already been forced to shell out a seven figure pay-out to axed coach Des Hasler earlier this year while they were fined $15,000 by the NRL for wearing incorrect jerseys during a match against Parramatta in July. The club was also fined $5000 for comments made by trainer Tony Grimaldi to a referee last month.

Bulldogs chief executive Andrew Hill said the behaviour was “unacceptable”.

“They are all good people that have acted in an immature and juvenile way,” Hill said. “They have accepted responsibility for their actions and apologised to the club.

“In regards to the breach notice handed down by the NRL, while the club is disappointed at the severity of the fine, it accepts the images and behaviours on the day were unacceptable and a poor reflection on the club and the game. It’s fair to say all players are remorseful for their actions.”

However, the Bulldogs are now considering appealing the fine’s severity.

It is understood players were warned about their behaviour by the club prior to the day. The club will now consider scrapping Mad Monday as it undertakes a full review.

“Those who have a profile in 2018 appreciate that (being photographed) comes with the territory,” Hill said.

“We will review our processes. It’s fair to say post-season celebrations like what occurred on Monday will (not) happen again.”

—————

Bullshit. They watched the CCTV footage of something that was probably not visible to the public, and based their fines on that.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow, they did shots after having a few drinks first...such a crime and for Greenturd to be frustrated about that bit is ridiculous.

How can they base the fine off of the CCTV footage that hasn't been released to the public and may never be. That's not right.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
https://outline.com/eDrj5X

NRL chief with police to witness full extent of Bulldogs’ outrageous behaviour

SEPTEMBER 06, 2018

NRL boss Todd Greenberg viewed the CCTV footage of the drunken Mad Monday debauchery which led to police charging two Bulldogs players before the overarching rugby league body handed out the most serious penalty for poor player behaviour in the game’s history.

Greenberg was spotted at The Rocks Police Station yesterday morning where he witnessed the full extent of Canterbury-Bankstown’s post-season blowout prior to whacking the club with a $250,000 fine.

The abhorrent behaviour he saw included a prolonged stint by a player standing naked on a table with other players grabbing at him.

The footage was even more damaging than photos first exclusively published by the Daily Telegraph and led to police pressing charges against Adam Elliott and Asipeli Fine.

Elliott and Fine will appear in court next month after they were both charged with wilful and obscene exposure. The maximum sentence is six months jail.

Reserve grade player Zac Woolford, who is understood to have grabbed Elliott’s genitalia when he was parading through the Harbour View Hotel in The Rocks, was issued an infringement notice for offensive conduct.

The son of former Canberra Raiders star Simon Woolford was fined $660 and will not have to appear in court.

The host of the event, the Harbour View Hotel — which has held the Bulldogs’ past three Mad Mondays — has been given five penalty notices, two for permitting indecent behaviour and three for permitting intoxication.

Last night the players were fully clothed as they attended the club’s presentation night at Bicentennial Park.

Fine and winger Marcelo Montoya, who was pictured on Monday night throwing up and unconscious, were among the group filing into the Waterview function centre led by coach Dean Pay and other club officials.

It is also understood that while viewing the footage yesterday, Greenberg was frustrated when he saw shots being consumed despite a long stint of drinking. The fear of the footage being publicly leaked contributed to the NRL’s record fine.

It comes as coach Pay and general manager of football Gareth Holmes will be called to front the Bulldogs board and explain why the club-sanctioned event spiralled out of control with the duo — and other staff — in attendance on Monday.

The club hit four players with $60,000 worth of fines including Elliott, Fine (both $25,000 with $10,000 suspended), Woolford and Marcelo Montoya (both $10,000 with $5000 suspended).

Canterbury have already been forced to shell out a seven figure pay-out to axed coach Des Hasler earlier this year while they were fined $15,000 by the NRL for wearing incorrect jerseys during a match against Parramatta in July. The club was also fined $5000 for comments made by trainer Tony Grimaldi to a referee last month.

Bulldogs chief executive Andrew Hill said the behaviour was “unacceptable”.

“They are all good people that have acted in an immature and juvenile way,” Hill said. “They have accepted responsibility for their actions and apologised to the club.

“In regards to the breach notice handed down by the NRL, while the club is disappointed at the severity of the fine, it accepts the images and behaviours on the day were unacceptable and a poor reflection on the club and the game. It’s fair to say all players are remorseful for their actions.”

However, the Bulldogs are now considering appealing the fine’s severity.

It is understood players were warned about their behaviour by the club prior to the day. The club will now consider scrapping Mad Monday as it undertakes a full review.

“Those who have a profile in 2018 appreciate that (being photographed) comes with the territory,” Hill said.

“We will review our processes. It’s fair to say post-season celebrations like what occurred on Monday will (not) happen again.”

—————

Bullshit. They watched the CCTV footage of something that was probably not visible to the public, and based their fines on that.
Something is very fishy with this how can anyone just go to a police station and view CCTV footage when a so called “incident” has occurred?

SKY-DOG

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I bet somebody in the SCUM media has a copy of the CCTV footage... ransom $250k.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the NRL must review footage of all club celebrations and anything done that puts The NRL in a less than positive light if released must be fined.

this is gonna get messy.

bulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yup, I expect any and all footage of all club functions to be given the same level of scrutiny now, or is it just for the dogs to suffer that ignominious invasion of privacy?

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now that the Police and both the NRL and the CBB have acted accordingly and as more of the details have and will come to light, our club (CBB) Chairman and CEO should now take the next step and sack the staff who attended the “so called” correctly called “Mad Monday”.
Following that action take the next in tearing up the contracts of those involved and charged irrespective of there ranking in the CBB player group.

I like many CBB supporters will require an iron clad guarantee that none of our membership from either our football club or our leagues club will be part of the 250K.

The Players and there respective managers are highly paid and rightly so, but have put there employer and the owners of the CBB club and the CBB club Sponsors at risk, with the real possibility of loosing some if these from the fallout.

Maybe the Club should look at the players and player mangers insurance policy’s for damages liability to the CBB club, to the CBB Sponsors.

Make the hard call and we will be stringer in 2019 and beyond,
“it is time to let the dogs out”
Please be aware your fraudulent and illegal activity will be investigated.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
250,000 is till unprecedented and excessive when the NRL is involved in human rights abuse issues itself.

AndrewRLP

Waterboy
Reaction score
Holy shit... it's the man behind the website I get lots of my juicy stats from.

You're like a virtual god around here .. everyone love stats :D

and great article too mate :grinning:

and yet clearly NRL360 hosts can get so drunk their kidneys almost pack it in.

Paul Kent
Buzz Rothfield

In eachothers back pockets.
Thanks mate! I've never been called a virtual god before.

The power of being independent, i don't have to toe the line. The DT have been worse than ever this year. The lows they went to for this story are further proof of how desperate they are. Someone had to say something, even if its just my small voice.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I swear this happened today.

Was grocery shopping & the supermarket was playing Sweet Caroline & there was a guy in a Dogs jersey & I went up to him laughing & said, don't even think of stripping off. He had a great laugh.

I told him most league fans are on the Dogs side.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sweet Caroline do do dooo.......apparently it’s charting. I’m about to drop tha dacks and cut loose

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Public view my ass
What a second rate shit hole of a brothel to have some end of season drinks but, then again they didn't achieve much this year did they? so why go out and make a fuckwhit of yourself? LOL
If it was me....I would tear up the following contracts NOW! Pay, Elliot, Jackson, Fine, Montoya, and anyone else that has been fined or charged by the Police!! then we can start over.

Pheonixss

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
They always play sweet caroline at half time for swans home games, maybe the dogs could do the same?

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I swear this happened today.

Was grocery shopping & the supermarket was playing Sweet Caroline & there was a guy in a Dogs jersey & I went up to him laughing & said, don't even think of stripping off. He had a great laugh.

I told him most league fans are on the Dogs side.
What a load of bullshit!!

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What a second rate shit hole of a brothel to have some end of season drinks but, then again they didn't achieve much this year did they? so why go out and make a fuckwhit of yourself? LOL
If it was me....I would tear up the following contracts NOW! Pay, Elliot, Jackson, Fine, Montoya, and anyone else that has been fined or charged by the Police!! then we can start over.
The Harbour View is a great hotel, with a comment like that I can only assume that you've never been there.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The Harbour View is a great hotel, with a comment like that I can only assume that you've never been there.
I just hope they don't cop a huge fine out of it.

They are the innocent party in all this that's been completely fucked over.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hahahahahahahahaha

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just hope they don't cop a huge fine out of it.

They are the innocent party in all this that's been completely fucked over.
How are they the innocent party? Elliott might have got nude if he was sober but Montoya was paralytic so someone had to be feeding him alcohol all afternoon!

Status
Not open for further replies.