Sweet Caroline - Consolidated Mad Monday Saga Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Ban until 2 weeks after the court case and I'd do the whole Goebbels thing as well and not accept new members till then either...will only be sleazy journos looking for goss to reprint against us anyway.
Out of all new signups for the last 6 months odd, about 95% are manually approved. Hence the lack of spammers.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Out of all new signups for the last 6 months odd, about 95% are manually approved. Hence the lack of spammers.
Just fed up Mr I ...media bad enough without having to read bs from DH trolls on here getting their kicks :grinning:

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well it’s been a crazy week for our club thanks to some dum ass reporters from the Daily Telecrap and Todd just being out of touch with reality
Why don’t the NRL concentrate on real issues like crowd attendance throughout the season and finals series
ANZ was virtually empty,looks ridiculous
Then the biggest joke of the weekend was having 2 Sydney teams play at a stadium with 15,000 empty seats
That’s even after $20 tickets were made available,fatty also mentioned the low crowd as surprising
Stop picking on the dogs Todd,wake up

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gallen on WWOS saying exactly what we and most of the population have been saying about this. Very refreshing to hear despite being on that dud channel

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Gallen on WWOS saying exactly what we and most of the population have been saying about this. Very refreshing to hear despite being on that dud channel
Anyone got a link?

Pheonixss

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Guys....Hats off to MG and Girdler. Listening to them on TripleM and telling it how it is.

As Girds said “I hope these photographers who spent 8 hours taking snaps of these guys around corners sleep well at night”
For some reason girds wasnt as nice too the dogs on the footy show, probally forced too say what he did on ch9, whereas triple M are abit more relaxed?

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For some reason girds wasnt as nice too the dogs on the footy show, probally forced too say what he did on ch9, whereas triple M are abit more relaxed?
Maybe he got tapped on the shoulder.. wouldn’t surprise me. Bit of momentum building against the journos at the moment

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
OK, I came late to the party and can't be arsed reading six thousand posts, what's the reference to sweet Caroline?

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
And another crack appears in the Telegraph's excuses and justifications for the whole sordid incident.. following the players to see what "costumes" they were wearing.......Surely after they saw the first half dozen rolling up in civvies they would have got the idea that there were no costumes....

Spoke to a fellow supporter who knows the place where the incident happened very well having been there several times and he said that the photos ( as we all know anyway) were taken from at least a hundred metres away and from the SAME elevation. Unless the balcony was on ground level there is another piece of rubbish the Telegraph has sold us.... in particular Buzz....

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
OK, I came late to the party and can't be arsed reading six thousand posts, what's the reference to sweet Caroline?
That my man was the song to which Adam Elliot got his gear off......

off-tap-robbie

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
for those that can't access the article.

Another Mad Monday disaster for the NRL with Bulldogs players caught stripping off

SEPTEMBER 02, 2018

MAD Monday antics have hit a new low with Bulldogs players caught stripping naked and grabbing each other’s genitals while they danced on pub tables in Sydney’s north.

Bulldogs second rower Adam Elliott dropped his pants and every other stitch of clothing on the balcony of the The Harbour View Hotel in The Rocks during the raucous partying, to roars of laughter from teammates and officials.

One member of the party even reached out and grabbed Elliott’s private parts as he danced to Neil Diamond’s Sweet Caroline. The display marred the official launch yesterday of the NRL Finals, where the captains of the teams still vying for the Provan-Summons premiership trophy lined up in an effort to put the game’s best on display.

Instead, the NRL was cast into yet another public relations disaster.

The NRL has for years being trying to ditch its reputation for misbehaviour following scandals including Todd Carney’s infamous “bubbler” photograph in 2014 and Mitchell Pearce caught on video simulating sex with a dog two years later.

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs players and officials began arriving at the pub at around 1pm yesterday. Before long, players and team officials could be seen downing shots, chugging beers and gambling on the pokies.

The official celebration was held inside a roped-off section of the pub, but shouting, chanting and swearing could clearly be seen and heard in public areas as the partying dragged on for hours.

Play fights spilled out on the ground floor between players, with Brett Morris screaming “KOB” — a commonly used acronym for “knock out boys.”

At one point a chant of “Yeah the boys!” rang out as a group of players flanked by star winger Morris left the pokie rooms after apparently scoring a big win.

As another group of players tried their luck, someone in the private function area shattered a glass, drawing jeers from other drinkers.

Around 7pm young halfback Lachlan Lewis was seen being helped into an Uber car by two other members of the party.

At one point, Bulldogs coach Dean Pay was wrapped up in a mock tackle by Brett and his twin Josh Morris and another man and knocked over the rope separating the private area, before they bundled themselves into an elevator.

The Bulldogs last night refused to comment on the celebrations.

Malla

Reaction score
And another crack appears in the Telegraph's excuses and justifications for the whole sordid incident.. following the players to see what "costumes" they were wearing.......Surely after they saw the first half dozen rolling up in civvies they would have got the idea that there were no costumes....

Spoke to a fellow supporter who knows the place where the incident happened very well having been there several times and he said that the photos ( as we all know anyway) were taken from at least a hundred metres away and from the SAME elevation. Unless the balcony was on ground level there is another piece of rubbish the Telegraph has sold us.... in particular Buzz....
Everyone knows this.

I have no doubt in my mind that the boys were told by management and whoever organised the event that they would be okay to get nude as the area they were in was private and they did not believe anybody had view of it - DT went out of their way with telescopes some 150m away elevated 3 floors to get those photos.

I just hope the Bulldogs really explore all legal avenues to sue DT for defamation (whatever the legal term is) because it's being reported everywhere that it was in a public place but that is completely false.

Also, it is complete BS that Greenburger wants to fine us that amount after seeing the CCTV footage. The whole 3rd floor was hired out, it was a private place done outside public view. It's basically the same thing as having a get together at your place and getting loose. Makes absolutely no sense. Thats like Greenburger approaching a player asking for CCTV of a BBQ he had at his place with other players around. Anyway, I trust that Bulldogs are exploring all legal options and respond to the NRL and DT accordingly.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.