Strike #1 - Mr Barrett

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No, he didn't but he keeps picking these dead shits every week and that's on him! Hoppa has been consistently one of our worse all year.
He can't pick anyone outside the top 30. That's a significant problem at the moment. This top 30 issue is BS and a blight on the game.

No Jackson, Topine, Okunbur, Hethrington, Crighton, JMK, Napa, RFM, Lewis. There's 8 he can't choose. That leaves blokes Stimpson, Britt, Roumanos etc etc. So TBaz drops a few and he replaces them with the likes of the guys I've mentioned.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't know if Barret is or isn't a good coach but I do know the dogs squad has very few players that would get a start in any other club. It mostly NSW cup standard and players past their best.
Well said, I think we tend to forget the Roster at our disposal was never top shelf and when factoring 6 or 7 injuries on top of that... what is the coach going to do?

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Well said, I think we tend to forget the Roster at our disposal was never top shelf and when factoring 6 or 7 injuries on top of that... what is the coach going to do?
I started this thread and it is solely about Elliott should have been hooked this game by Barrett and it was a massive coaching fail on his behalf. The first real sign to me that Barrett deserves strike 1. To not identify when a player needs removing from the game when it's obvious. There were people on the bench and the game was there to be taken. We were on the up, they had 11 players and that fukwit Idiot fuked it all. Great sign to young Flanno. Take your medicine young fella but when it comes to so called senior players like Idiot who go out there with no fukin brain and make it worse nothing will happen. Just re-clarifying the topic of this thread.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What was the excuse against a Ponga-less, Pearce-less, Green-less Knights outfit in round one where we were almost fully fit??

Dead set, I think Barrett could be the shittest coach in sporting history and people would still make excuses for him. He currently is the worst in NRL history ( literally) going off facts and statistics (not that they hold much weight!)

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fair comment, but TBAZ is not impressed, at least he is pissed and disappointed... he not here to just mess around , he wants results and will achieve them. He knows who he has to drop and will have to drop Elliot and a few others also.
He is out of answers. Hates this Job

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There’s a cancer somewhere in this club...Bazz has got to find it and cut it out because this is not a happy side, some of these guys are taking the piss.

Bazz find out what the fuck is going on and fix it...is it a player, is it a member of staff, what the hell is it.

Identify it and fix it!
You may be right, and It look's like there's no coheres ion amongst the players, we blew so many try's today because of poor options with players not passing the ball to unmarked players, this could be because they're playing for contracts this year, & they all want to score a try to add another feather in their cap, in the mean time it just looks like there's no understanding between players & no one seems to be reading the play they' all a bunch of hogs & Cotic is the biggest hog of the lot.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He is out of answers. Hates this Job
Nah not at all. He took this job knowing the situation, and he wants to be successful, he has to bide his time and unleash greatness in 22.!!!

LSD

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He can't pick anyone outside the top 30. That's a significant problem at the moment. This top 30 issue is BS and a blight on the game.

No Jackson, Topine, Okunbur, Hethrington, Crighton, JMK, Napa, RFM, Lewis. There's 8 he can't choose. That leaves blokes Stimpson, Britt, Roumanos etc etc. So TBaz drops a few and he replaces them with the likes of the guys I've mentioned.
100% agree. Add in Corey Allen, that’s 10/30 missing. Not many left to choose from as replacements.

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There’s a cancer somewhere in this club...Bazz has got to find it and cut it out because this is not a happy side, some of these guys are taking the piss.

Bazz find out what the fuck is going on and fix it...is it a player, is it a member of staff, what the hell is it.

Identify it and fix it!
Mate I’m hearing the players are still pissed at the idiot Elliots situation

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What was the excuse against a Ponga-less, Pearce-less, Green-less Knights outfit in round one where we were almost fully fit??

Dead set, I think Barrett could be the shittest coach in sporting history and people would still make excuses for him. He currently is the worst in NRL history ( literally) going off facts and statistics (not that they hold much weight!)
Ummmm they still had a forward pack far superior to ours. Saifiti, Klemmer, Frizell to name a few. Representative players in case you had forgotten.

Point is, our roster just doesn’t cut it and is just so far behind the quality of the other teams

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Mate I’m hearing the players are still pissed at the idiot Elliots situation
Funny you say that, I was actually thinking on that this morning. I was thinking that there's no way that a professional like Thommo would be happy with Idiot's actions and then to perform how he did on the field yesterday without any repercussions. Not good for team harmony and living up to Tbaz's own motto of accountability etc that's for sure.

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yep, and there still list about the dirty deed he did aswell

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We needed to sign Benji this year - the lack of experience, game management skills and general footy smartness in our team should have been obvious - with Benji, we would have likely won today as well as a couple of other games so far this year. Not getting Benji was a mistake - and that’s on TBaz.
I agree. I think he was confident we were going to get Burton released early and that has backfired on us bigtime. Benji would have been invaluable for us this year.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I just listened to the post match presser and from all the press conferences TB has done this year, all have been good with the exception of his dribble on the way the game is being played nowadays and the recent rule changes.. his team was the direct benefactor and should have capitalised.

Call it diversion from reality, but the NRL has to continue on its course, we need to stick to heavy penalties when players are making heavy contact with the head and acts of foul play, footy has gotten away with too much over time... we need to get mums and dads back onboard because they are the ones who will influence what their kids are actively playing otherwise we don’t have a quality product with the best athletes playing the game.

I disagree with his statement RE making contact with “neck and head” being “impossible”.. how is it impossible to not make contact, pretty f’n easy if you ask me, you tackle around the legs or put your shoulder and arms into the torso or wrap up the Torso and chest area, if you get it or timing wrong, you pay the price... simple. We don’t need early retirements in the game and the NRL facing a law suit...

Also, the “six again” rule is the best thing to come into the game since the corner post was taken out of play. It has sped up the game and allowed the little blokes to come back into the mix, we were heading down the path of 6ft4, 110kg giants robotically barging up the field, we at least have a level of flair and room for fatigue so it’s not completely dominated by goliaths.

Fact, we are the smallest forward pack in the Comp so we should actually be taking advantage of the agility, throw the f’n ball around and create second phase play, we look so much better when this happens...

TB, don’t waste time talking about the f’n rules, spend the time working to your teams strengths and man up again next week.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I just listened to the post match presser and from all the press conferences TB has done this year, all have been good with the exception of his dribble on the way the game is being played nowadays and the recent rule changes.. his team was the direct benefactor and should have capitalised.

Call it diversion from reality, but the NRL has to continue on its course, we need to stick to heavy penalties when players are making heavy contact with the head and acts of foul play, footy has gotten away with too much over time... we need to get mums and dads back onboard because they are the ones who will influence what their kids are actively playing otherwise we don’t have a quality product with the best athletes playing the game.

I disagree with his statement RE making contact with “neck and head” being “impossible”.. how is it impossible to not make contact, pretty f’n easy if you ask me, you tackle around the legs or put your shoulder and arms into the torso or wrap up the Torso and chest area, if you get it or timing wrong, you pay the price... simple. We don’t need early retirements in the game and the NRL facing a law suit...

Also, the “six again” rule is the best thing to come into the game since the corner post was taken out of play. It has sped up the game and allowed the little blokes to come back into the mix, we were heading down the path of 6ft4, 110kg giants robotically barging up the field, we at least have a level of flair and room for fatigue so it’s not completely dominated by goliaths.

Fact, we are the smallest forward pack in the Comp so we should actually be taking advantage of the agility, throw the f’n ball around and create second phase play, we look so much better when this happens...

TB, don’t waste time talking about the f’n rules, spend the time working to your teams strengths and man up again next week.
They could have got the small blokes back by decreasing the interchange again instead of changing the fabric of the game with 6 again's. The only people that rule helps is refs in dictating who wins for the NRL and in kind the betting agencies. At first I thought the good teams would love it however the pace has caused unlimited injuries and affected everyone. The score lines resemble the under 20's games of a few years ago and the score blow out's and standard of games is now an embarrassment.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

His coaching worth will be judged on who he can attract for 2022 and how we perform in 2022. He’s largely taken over a weak roster and if anyone thinks gaining Flanno, Hetherington, Cotric and Allen but losing Remis Smith and Foran in the off season and missing Jackson, Okunbur, Hetherington, Allen, JMK, RFM and Crichton through injury is an advantage to TB over his predecessors may not be entirely realistic

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't think the players listen to him either.

It was mentioned by the commentators that Barrett told his players to consistently go up the middle, but what do we do instead? We constantly try to go around them instead of through them. Now that could be down to the fact that more than half our players are passengers and having to take the ball up the middle would actually involve them having to work and they would rather just throw the ball away so they don't get tackled

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think the players listen to him either.

It was mentioned by the commentators that Barrett told his players to consistently go up the middle, but what do we do instead? We constantly try to go around them instead of through them. Now that could be down to the fact that more than half our players are passengers and having to take the ball up the middle would actually involve them having to work and they would rather just throw the ball away so they don't get tackled
I defunately saw Deitz run through the middle.
Maybe its the old shit players like Hoppa not listening.
The blokes that know they arent going to be here bext year stuff

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I defunately saw Deitz run through the middle.
Maybe its the old shit players like Hoppa not listening.
The blokes that know they arent going to be here bext year stuff
Agreed.

I think its definitely the passengers in the team not wanting to put in the effort and are most likely hoping for a payday in SL in England