Strike #1 - Mr Barrett

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m struggling with the Barrett protection to be honest.. He was chomping at the bit to get his boy Waddell on after picking Atoni @13 and then leaving him off for 50 mins.

His interchange was rubbish and Meaney at centre was dumb. I am really starting to think that Barrett is more clueless than those he is attempting to coach.
I am not protecting Barret baz far from it Elliot cost us the game today for mine and he has cost us more games than I can remember but I didnt blame Hasler or pay for his fucking IQ either

belmontdog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Strike 1 for Barrett's Coaching today for me regardless of the game outcome here. To not hook that complete fuking moron Adam Idiot after his constant penalties, poor defence and rubbish is unbelievable. Other than we are complete crap he cost us any chance at 11 players to 13 of having a win. Dumbest fukwit I have ever had to watch.
I agree 100%

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I am not protecting Barret baz far from it Elliot cost us the game today for mine and he has cost us more games than I can remember but I didnt blame Hasler or pay for his fucking IQ either
Thats all good, but I am struggling to see what a Barrett style of team is. He chops and changes players and position as much as Pay did and doesn’t appear to have a pattern of play or plan that he sticks to.

I am sure when I watch this game again tomorrow without my Bulldogs hat on I will see a very poor Raiders team play themselves back into the game on our useless structure and game plan.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
because for most part his game plan worked, individual errors arent on the coach. when he puts a player on, he doesnt expect that player to tackle someone without the ball or fuck up 3 or 4 opportunities, or kick when there's a guy on the inside. is Barrett perfect? no. Are there players i wish who he would drop yes. But individual players cost us this game
All good bud, I just don’t agree. I think the Barrett experiment will end badly now.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Strike 1 for Barrett's Coaching today for me regardless of the game outcome here. To not hook that complete fuking moron Adam Idiot after his constant penalties, poor defence and rubbish is unbelievable. Other than we are complete crap he cost us any chance at 11 players to 13 of having a win. Dumbest fukwit I have ever had to watch.
I am angry and disgusted :rage:
Rip the contracts of all the dumb players especially Idiot Elliott...

We have had enough !!!

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Thats all good, but I am struggling to see what a Barrett style of team is. He chops and changes players and position as much as Pay did and doesn’t appear to have a pattern of play or plan that he sticks to.

I am sure when I watch this game again tomorrow without my Bulldogs hat on I will see a very poor Raiders team play themselves back into the game on our useless structure and game plan.
There where patches in that game where we didn’t look too bad, when we kept it simple and played through the middle we looked pretty good.when papalli got sent off we went away from that and shit the bed. Is that coaching or the dumb cahunts on the field not sticking to the game plan? I don’t know. Either way it’s very frustrating.

Last edited:

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
1 miss tackle
1 error
2 penalties

but regardless of the above he's been awful for the last month

the game was basically won today if he didn't tackle the player early.

I'm honestly sick of this shit. The skill level and braindead players.
But he has passion and heart. DESIRE PASSION HEART > SKILL and footy IQ

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thats a stupid comment mate, I am no dill and nor do I hate Barrett. But unless there is drastic change Barrett is out of his depth.
was directed at the OP chillax geezus every **** on here gets so ancy :tearsofjoy:

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Grogdog I don't know if you have had as much as me but you went to far slow and steady always wins.

10 points if I get banned.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
1 miss tackle
1 error
2 penalties

but regardless of the above he's been awful for the last month

the game was basically won today if he didn't tackle the player early.

I'm honestly sick of this shit. The skill level and braindead players.
Those stats are wrong. He gave away atleast 4 penalties and that one where he just ran through and tackled the FB before he caught it should have been any coaches trigger to hook the bloke. The failure of Barrett to identify that Idiot was a disadvatage to the scenario and the team at the time is a major fuk up and that's why that was strike #1 for me. Bad Coaching and cost us any chance of what should have been an easy game to close out from there. Every time we tried to gain momentum Idiot gave away a stupid penalty and a poor defensive read let to the first try coming back for the Raiders. There was a string of shite from him and that was it! I will celebrate the day he leaves the club.