Strike #1 - Mr Barrett

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In Barrett's defence, Elliot was playing on another level last year.

If he was playing this bad last year, he'd be in super league right now
Of cause he was it was his contract year.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Those stats are wrong. He gave away atleast 4 penalties and that one where he just ran through and tackled the FB before he caught it should have been any coaches trigger to hook the bloke. The failure of Barrett to identify that Idiot was a disadvatage to the scenario and the team at the time is a major fuk up and that's why that was strike #1 for me. Bad Coaching and cost us any chance of what should have been an easy game to close out from there. Every time we tried to gain momentum Idiot gave away a stupid penalty and a poor defensive read let to the first try coming back for the Raiders. There was a string of shite from him and that was it! I will celebrate the day he leaves the club.
Those stats are right, 6 agains probably separate tho.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There’s a cancer somewhere in this club...Bazz has got to find it and cut it out because this is not a happy side, some of these guys are taking the piss.

Bazz find out what the fuck is going on and fix it...is it a player, is it a member of staff, what the hell is it.

Identify it and fix it!

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Those stats are right, 6 agains probably separate tho.
Well I can't seem to find any site that shows the stats but there was more then 2 no doubt at all. Maybe 6 again's as you said as the NRL hate to show the rigged stats for the bookies.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No excuse for not being able to close out that game with a 1 man advantage.

Coach just as responsible as the players. Not good enough
Yep coach told Hoppa to hog the ball, told Katoa to kick it when a try was on with Avo unmarked, coached Elliott to tackle a player before they have the ball, coached the dumb fucks to give away penalties instead of closing out the game. Yep all Barrett's fault. Sack him.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep coach told Hoppa to hog the ball, told Katoa to kick it when a try was on with Avo unmarked, coached Elliott to tackle a player before they have the ball, coached the dumb fucks to give away penalties instead of closing out the game. Yep all Barrett's fault. Sack him.
They’re taking the same dumb options and conceding the same dumb penalties week after week. What are they doing at training? Certainly not learning much

Teams woefully out of form are putting us to the sword. Teams down to 11-12 men on the field are mowing us down.

Questionable team selections and bench rotations. The issues go on and on

Reaction score
Well I can't seem to find any site that shows the stats but there was more then 2 no doubt at all. Maybe 6 again's as you said as the NRL hate to show the rigged stats for the bookies.
it's not the number of times that matters, but the timing of fucking up. he's got that special knack for bringing it right at the critical time which always creates a turning point or momemtum change never in our favour, he's been doing it for years

Bullpit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We needed to sign Benji this year - the lack of experience, game management skills and general footy smartness in our team should have been obvious - with Benji, we would have likely won today as well as a couple of other games so far this year. Not getting Benji was a mistake - and that’s on TBaz.

Last edited:

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
it's not the number of times that matters, but the timing of fucking up. he's got that special knack for bringing it right at the critical time which always creates a turning point or momemtum change never in our favour, he's been doing it for years
Completely agree however he does heaps at the wrong time so the number does matter. I do remember a 6 again late second half on tackle 4 I think not far off our line. Just that stupid lazy arm hanging in the tackle around the ball with that dumb blank face on it's head when the 6 again is given.

FZ1-S

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No, he didn't but he keeps picking these dead shits every week and that's on him! Hoppa has been consistently one of our worse all year.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So now we’re blaming barret for Elliots stupidity??
That’ll do me
Agree, players need to be more accountable for their actions on the field. Though TB’s infatuation with Waddell needs to stop.

The reason we lost today was basically due to the fact we don’t have a spine that is good or clever enough to capitalise on playing with an extra man.. that simple.

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’m struggling with the Barrett protection to be honest.. He was chomping at the bit to get his boy Waddell on after picking Atoni @13 and then leaving him off for 50 mins.

His interchange was rubbish and Meaney at centre was dumb. I am really starting to think that Barrett is more clueless than those he is attempting to coach.
You’re right, Barrett is garbage.

This won’t end well.

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
because for most part his game plan worked, individual errors arent on the coach. when he puts a player on, he doesnt expect that player to tackle someone without the ball or fuck up 3 or 4 opportunities, or kick when there's a guy on the inside. is Barrett perfect? no. Are there players i wish who he would drop yes. But individual players cost us this game
It’s the same old story every game though.

How do you explain the regression from last year.

We are the worst team for a few decades and Barrett is the coach.

This all started in game one when they failed to beat an underwhelming Knights team.

It has snowballed and he doesn’t know what to do.

He is not equipped to “rebuild” a club, let alone coach players to get the best out of them.

People might say we have the worst roster but I argue we have the worst coach in the comp by a stretch.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't know if Barret is or isn't a good coach but I do know the dogs squad has very few players that would get a start in any other club. It mostly NSW cup standard and players past their best.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are all of you blind? Did you not see Hopoate destroy 3 tries that cotric would have scored.
100%. Held onto the ball way too long. Simple catch and pass would've been sufficient on the last one where the commentators were praising the Canberra player, when in fact it was just hoppa held onto it long enough for the winger to knock it down