Strike #1 - Mr Barrett

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep. That’s the one. The one who plays for South’s, who are 4th on the ladder. Last time I checked, we were last. I of course don’t think we would be 4th or anywhere near it if we had a Benji - but, as per my post earlier, we would have most likely won a couple more games and would have provided that direction and leadership that we are very much lacking now.
Would have beaten St.George and Canberra if Benji was steering the team around.

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
barrett is clueless, pre season, plus 10 weeks into the season and we still havent got to a level that shows he has taught the players the basics
And people are laying into the defence coach [emoji849]... Saying Furner should resign

What about the actual coach?

Yeh nah, don’t worry about him, he’s alright, he’s busy “rebuilding” his squad [emoji6]

Bullpit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don’t fucking blame barret blame our players and defensive coach !!!!!
So, basically, blame everyone except Barrett? Why? What has he done to deserve a golden pass? Have you seen anything this year to demonstrate that he is a good coach? And, if you say that he doesn’t have the cattle to demonstrate he is a good coach, that’s just complete BS. We have not improved over the last 10 rounds. In fact, you could argue we have regressed. I just want to see something from him ... something that gives us suffering fans some hope for the future. Not even asking for an actual win, but us being even mildly competitive would be an improvement.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The funny thing is dean pay pretty much had this same team and they were putting in effort don’t know what’s happening now
Incorrect, Foran, Tolman and Jackson... Say what you want about Tolman and Jackson but they tightened up the middle... Without Thompson Barrett was stuck with Ogden and Napa Inna much faster version of the game.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
So, basically, blame everyone except Barrett? Why? What has he done to deserve a golden pass? Have you seen anything this year to demonstrate that he is a good coach? And, if you say that he doesn’t have the cattle to demonstrate he is a good coach, that’s just complete BS. We have not improved over the last 10 rounds. In fact, you could argue we have regressed. I just want to see something from him ... something that gives us suffering fans some hope for the future. Not even asking for an actual win, but us being even mildly competitive would be an improvement.
I honestly just think a lot of this fan base have an uncontrollable hard-on for him because he looks the part and is a smooth talker. The married men of The Kennel want to see more of Barrett in a tight polo with his calming voice to make everything feel OK.

This can be the only explanation, as to quote another member of this forum - “I don’t think he could coach a shit out of his ass”. He’s also wasted a good chunk of the war chest already on rubbish - Flanagan, Allen, Hetho.

Whether he’s had great squads (eg Manly) or ordinary squads (eg. Us) at his disposal - the results have been abysmal and his teams have consistently underperformed. I’m seriously concerned.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I honestly just think a lot of this fan base have an uncontrollable hard-on for him because he looks the part and is a smooth talker. The married men of The Kennel want to see more of Barrett in a tight polo with his calming voice to make everything feel OK.

This can be the only explanation, as to quote another member of this forum - “I don’t think he could coach a shit out of his ass”. He’s also wasted a good chunk of the war chest already on rubbish - Flanagan, Allen, Hetho.

Whether he’s had great squads (eg Manly) or ordinary squads (eg. Us) at his disposal - the results have been abysmal and his teams have consistently underperformed. I’m seriously concerned.
You’re just a Pay lover

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Was just about to bring up Manly. Do people not realize he coached a GUN side and had less than a 30% win ratio. Then had the audacity to blame his/their short comings on the lat pull down machine. Gimme a break. ZERO evidence thus far of Barrett even being an ok coach, little own a ‘good’ one.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless you are a robot the shit you do eventually catches up with you and effects all parts of your like. Not really Karma but he didn’t exactly have the ideal pre- season and I know plenty were concerned it might impact the team mindset. His form has been erratic and he look like he lacks concentration/ focus.

Dogs4Eva&Always

Waterboy
Reaction score
Let’s be honest, wtf can he do, he couldn’t make really any changes till this week, now he’s made changes all be it a few,what else can he do for the team, maybe make better interchanges but then again that’s on the efforts and fitness of the players.
at the end of the day their the ones not performing out their, they’re the ones who put on the blue and white jersey and drag it through the mud, when are the players gonna be held accountable for their poor decisions, poor errors and absolutely atrocious efforts out there on the field, there’s only so much a coach can do.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

At the end of the day, Khoury & Barrett are just smooth talkers which our fan base got easily conned by.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Our club should be speaking to John Morris now, get him ready for a full pre-season and put a line through the old deadwood + Barrett's deadwood (Flanno, Waddell, Allan, Hypethrington)