Storm Scandal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty sure the storm are not gonna sack munster and smith, sweep that shit under the rug and hope everyone forgets about it....

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Melbourne will find a way for this to benefit them. Like signing a Smith at a lower price.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fox sports got a quote from Bellyache:

Speaking after being crowned Dally M coach of the year on Monday head coach Craig Bellamy said: “I don’t know the full details yet.

“I’ll make a comment when I know that. I don’t want to be saying something and then it doesn’t turn out to be right.”

Bellamy later added: “Obviously I know of the incident,” he said. “I haven’t spoken to those guys yet in detail.

“It hurts everybody.”

Source

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can carry out target testing if there is a reason to suspect that there is an issue, and I think that is well and truly covered by the video.

Always a Bulldog
While I agree with you as employers should be able if is something suspect. You actually can't. While I was working for Transport for NSW a manager in Sydney trains notice a few guys on the maintenance area seem usual behaviour. So the manager requested the next shift for that team to be tested.

All came back positive went through process to sack them. Guess what challenge it in the courts and they won with damages.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
While I agree with you as employers should be able if is something suspect. You actually can't. While I was working for Transport for NSW a manager in Sydney trains notice a few guys on the maintenance area seem usual behaviour. So the manager requested the next shift for that team to be tested.

All came back positive went through process to sack them. Guess what challenge it in the courts and they won with damages.
That's employees, not professional athletes who are on contracts that allow targeted testing.

Always a Bulldog

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Brandon Smith, is one of those players, they should punish him with the full force of the law and send him to the bulldogs, players of his caliber need to be taught a lesson!!

Last edited:

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

NRL Integrity Matter
Authormelbournestorm.com.auTimestampTue 28 Sep 2021, 10:35 AM

Melbourne Storm is aware of a video provided to the NRL Integrity Unit yesterday.
The Club and players involved are cooperating with the NRL Integrity Unit investigation.
As the matter is currently under investigation, the club is not in a position to comment further until this process has been completed.

Yes co- operating with the Integrity unit by saying nothing....

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

NRL Integrity Matter
Authormelbournestorm.com.auTimestampTue 28 Sep 2021, 10:35 AM

Melbourne Storm is aware of a video provided to the NRL Integrity Unit yesterday.
The Club and players involved are cooperating with the NRL Integrity Unit investigation.
As the matter is currently under investigation, the club is not in a position to comment further until this process has been completed.

Yes co- operating with the Integrity unit by saying nothing....
Yes, Melbourne lied, not for the first time.

Always a Bulldog

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
If Brandon Smith, it’s one of those players, they should punish him with the full force of the law and send him to the bulldogs, players of his caliber need to be taught a lesson!!
Ha ha I got the joke..

sideswip

Kennel Established
Reaction score
apparently they turned up with Lawyers and were advised to say nothing.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Everyone knows the rules dont apply to the storm. Bellamy and his players have a history of breaking and manipulating whatever rules they want to suit themselves. Bellamys prodigy Cameron Smith is the best and most successful cheat and rule breaker in rugby league and maybe sporting history. They introduced the wrestle to the game aswell as the crusher and chicken wing and numerous other grubby tactics. Not to mention the fact they cheated the NRL and the salary cap for 5 years and were stripped of 2 premierships ,a world club challenge title and given a $1.7 million fine so bad was their disregard for the rules.
They say success starts at the front office, well so does cheating IMO and it is rife at the Storm and has been for some time.
The players will receive little in the way of punishment or reprimand for this from their club or coach and most likely the NRL you wait and see.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's employees, not professional athletes who are on contracts that allow targeted testing.

Always a Bulldog
So have they been tested yet I remember Proctor and Bromwich weren't test either and that was during the season so you can't say anything about not being able to contact during the off season.

It because you can't do targeted testing there is legal precedent against it.

Status
Not open for further replies.