WWOS MOLE Storm in salary cap fire sale.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love their methods sign all the good players sort the cap out later,wed be Front page news if we did this
If there was an meteor heading for earth and the prediction was it would destroy all life on earth and there was only months left until it hit and at the same time the doggies had cheated the salary cap we still would be front page news and on tv news we would be the first story in front of a meteor destroying the world, guaranteed!!!

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love how the article suggests the storm will choose who they will ship off to the UK. Fact is they can only sell off players other teams want. Everyone is up for sale at the right price. Let the vultures start circling

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't be surprised if billy Slater comes out of retirement and signs a minimum contract?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Is Kas injured at the moment? I know his wife just gave birth a few weeks ago... but he's not named to play in the trial which is strange.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Only uncle Nick can make players disappear to super league or other teams to avoid "salary cap issues". He'll always be the master.
This. I was just thinking of the Cronk/Pearce situation.

My mates who are Roosters fans just laugh at the whole Uncle Nick/paper bags jokes, as they never bother denying it.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This. I was just thinking of the Cronk/Pearce situation.

My mates who are Roosters fans just laugh at the whole Uncle Nick/paper bags jokes, as they never bother denying it.
There's just such a long list of players who seem to go willingly mid contract.

Jennings is another that comes to mind.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
TripleM reporting nrl has issued storm a warning, 600K over the cap get under before round 1 or they won't be fielding a side

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
TripleM reporting nrl has issued storm a warning, 600K over the cap get under before round 1 or they won't be fielding a side
The report I heard also said, you are supposed to initially offer up the last person signed up (makes sense).

And who was their most recent re-(signing)? A fellow by the name of Cameron Smith.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hahaha classic Cameron Smith. So selfish with his pay and contract demands that he has put the whole club (And several other players more directly) in a shitty position. What an absolute twat. I hope you are happy that you got the salary you held the club ransom for Cameron.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
In Cameron Smiths case he was recontracted whilst already in contract. I bet there is a "*" which says it's the last NEW player to join the club.

If that's the case: Albert Vete, Tom Eisenuth, and/or Marion Seve.

But remember they'll still need to have 30 players.

If they are $600k over, surely there is a greater penalty than that.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
how do storm register latest contracts with NRL who then turn around and tell them to shed 600k off cap.....WTF and I have no idea how sharks and tigers can sign players while the outcome of their investigation is still unresolved. it is the NRL I guess

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Noticed that Segeyaro has re-signed with the Sharks for one-year, aren't they over the cap for 2019 given possible penalties resulting from 2015 & 2017?
Wouldn't signing Seg mean they can play Johnson, "based on last player in, first player out" policy?
Sneaky!

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/n...s/news-story/0f32d221d6455f24216774f0355d2fc3

SEGEYARO NEVER LEFT

He’s still there.Source:AAP

James Segeyaro has ended his four months in rugby league limbo after re-joining Cronulla on a one-year NRL deal.

Segeyaro joined teammates at training at Shark Park on Tuesday and looks set to create competition for rising rake Blayke Brailey for the bench utility spot.

It was widely expected Blayke and his brother Jayden would share the hooking duties this year, however the signing of the former Dally M hooker of the year provides coach John Morris with an experienced option.

“He had opportunity to go to other clubs but he wanted to pull on our jersey again and to play with the Sharks,” Morris said.

“He will add some depth to that position for us this year.” After two years at the Sharks Segeyaro was faced with the prospect of being clubless this year after Cronulla decided not to renew his deal. But they came to an 11th hour agreement and he is now pushing for a first-grade spot less than three weeks out from their season opener.

The club said they would assess his fitness before deciding whether to use him in their final trial against Newcastle on Saturday.

— with AAP

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As much as im not a chambers fan. He and b smith are the ones we need at the moment. I cant see them ever releasing munster.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
i want C.Welch and B.Smith... i can be patient for a centre as so much quality available soon

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
“He had opportunity to go to other clubs but he wanted to pull on our jersey again and to play with the Sharks,” Morris said.
This...he was not devoid of offers just did not take any of them up but voila!!!!!! now in the Sharks colours....wtf??? They are already under cap pressure apparently and I suppose technically he would be last in!!!

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The NRL administration is out of control, they're like a new person trying to juggle, when told to begin with two balls, they don't listen and think they know better, so they start juggling with 6 machetes. I'm just waiting for one of those machetes to go through their head!

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
C
As much as im not a chambers fan. He and b smith are the ones we need at the moment. I cant see them ever releasing munster.
chambers is hated by many but dam he is tough and a game breaker, love watching him and latrell it’ll heat up next time them two play

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I’d go for Curtis Scott and b Smith. Either would be amazing