WWOS MOLE Storm in salary cap fire sale.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hahaha classic Cameron Smith. So selfish with his pay and contract demands that he has put the whole club (And several other players more directly) in a shitty position. What an absolute twat. I hope you are happy that you got the salary you held the club ransom for Cameron.
Was just thinking the same thing.], He brought the club he loves to its knees.

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The problem is we have filled our top 30 now so we can’t offer them first grade contracts as far as I understand. Can you just boot someone out of the top 30 ?

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The problem is we have filled our top 30 now so we can’t offer them first grade contracts as far as I understand. Can you just boot someone out of the top 30 ?
I guess only if you have breached the cap.... or if someone else wants them and you pay part of their contract which is the way many negotiations have gone in the past.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't think the Top 30 is set in concrete and can be changed until June 30

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think they will be offloading Kasiano to St George now.....

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
So what happens if JDB is found not guilty? Dragons will be over the cap with an extra player.!!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
got me fucked why dragons would help storm by even contemplating taking Kasiano

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
So what happens if JDB is found not guilty? Dragons will be over the cap with an extra player.!!
Well they're making it up as they go so I'm sure they will find a way to help them. As long as it's not our club hey.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeha, this is what I said.
Surely the returning player must then stay out of the top 30 for the remainder of that season and/or until they get cap compliant again.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That is why I can't understand why they just don't say to the club to use a development player who is already in their system.Those players are allowed to play NRL after June 30 if need be. Just let them use a forward from their list which is already with the NRL. These guys have been earmarked by their clubs as up and comers and as cover if injuries happen...

St George Illawarra Dragons: Jackson Ford, Joe Lovodua, Steven Marsters, Jason Saab, Eddie Blacker

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know that we're in a bit of a mess before signing Foran and woods, but there was also uncertainty as to what salary cap increase there would be. So in our case it was more a case of hoping for more and getting less, and then having to juggle things to make it all fit under the cap.
However, with the storm this time round, and provided the news is all fa that and they are over the cap, then they need to be punished! Regardless of whether they let some players go to become compliant. Here's why; the only real major signing they have made is Cam Smith. Given his commanded salary. They would have known it would put them over the cap, and have therefore deliberately played outside of the rules.
Sure enough they will let players go and become cap compliant, but they still broke the rules, and a couple of players will now need to uproot their families and move to the other side of the world. Pretty shit situation if your not keen on a UK sojourn!!
Not the first club to do this and certainly won't be the last.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Think you can if still under the cap and it's before June 30.