News Storm after Meaney

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think it’s best we just get rid off everyone from 2018 to 2021. Bar our fuckin guns. We need a fuckin fresh start with entirely fresh soldiers. Good luck Meaney, purple suits you kid
So many have that loser mentality and it’s not necessarily their fault just a victim of circumstances being stuck in a team like this. A fresh start would be as good for them as it is for the club.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
He is savouring the 'ol "I told yas all but no The Kennel thought they knew better" :grinning:

Good luck to Nick. There's gonna be a stampede of players heading to Bellamy wherever he ends up.
Look I can see why Melbourne would want him. He’s a good safe player and a solid back up for origin / injuries. They would get him for a touch above the minimum wage and without any other clubs including ours putting in an offer he will likely take it if he hasn’t already.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Look I can see why Melbourne would want him. He’s a good safe player and a solid back up for origin / injuries. They would get him for a touch above the minimum wage and without any other clubs including ours putting in an offer he will likely take it if he hasn’t already.
Fans will congratulate players who get the opportunity to continue their careers.

It just didn't seem that he would progress any further at our club.

Good luck to Nick.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d love to keep him. But I’d be happy for him to go Storm. They’ll make him a superstar. Has all the potential. Dogs just aren’t giving him a fair go at all.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would they? Who's silly enough to give players away for free lol
Whose silly enough to leave there. They win games and comps. We win nothing apart from being the most linked to club award and don’t sign anyone

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And this is the troubke with a few of our guys. Just not determined? driven? confident? enough to take that next step.

If Bellamy can do it for Nick then good luck to him. We can't see it happening here. An indictment on our coach and club, and the player, but reality.
It's called coaching & development. Those 2 used to live at Belmore but they left many years ago.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Absolutely. Any players that sign elsewhere can go down to Sydney Shield. Why do anything beneficial for them if they have signed elsewhere? We can develop someone who loves the club.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
I predicted this.
And 1/2 ppl doubt my intelligence.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
The truth is, we are in no position to develop unpolished diamonds. It’s not the position we are in.
What is needed is ready made experienced quality. Once we have that, and they lift the guys here around them, then we are in a more stable place to focus on Meaney types.
It’s why I’m so critical of Barrett’s youth policy.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do you think Melbourne would offer him?
Probably less than he’s currently on,but wish him the best,the one thing he will learn down there is to back himself,more than he currently does.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder whether Dufty would take Meaney's salary to move across since he is unwanted by the Dragons

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Absolutely. Any players that sign elsewhere can go down to Sydney Shield. Why do anything beneficial for them if they have signed elsewhere? We can develop someone who loves the club.
I was joking lol

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I’ve stated before, hands down our best back and probably our best player of the past two seasons. The morons putting shit on him over the years know way more than the best coach the game has ever seen. Just fucken lol.

PS people wanna talk about him getting rag dolled, we’ll to me that reflects more poorly on the team than him. One of the few shining lights over the past two years. If he does go (hope he doesn’t) I hope he has a stellar career.