News Storm after Meaney

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I wonder if Nick has been told by the Dogs he won’t be re-signed or he’s weighing up options. Of the 15 off contract he is one I’d retain for depth but the Storm would be attractive assuming he likes Mexican food. He’d have to consider who’ll succeed Bellamy in 2022/23 as well given most new coaches want to make roster changes when they arrive at a club.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I know people are going to think Bellamy will work his magic on Meaney and turn him into another Papenhuysen but I don't see it happening.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Meaney the perfect project for Bellamy.

If he goes, all the best Nick.

If he suceeds good on him. Our club couldn't achieve that (at this time) bc we don't have the systems or gravitas or reputation to pull it off. Barrett has his hands full with getting the foundations nailed.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We gave them a player for free
So? It's the NRL and a competitive sport. The Storm (and every other NRL club) are our competition and it's survival of the fittest. We're not entitled to anything for free regardless what we've done in the past (time to learn from our mistakes I think).

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder if Nick has been told by the Dogs he won’t be re-signed or he’s weighing up options. Of the 15 off contract he is one I’d retain for depth but the Storm would be attractive assuming he likes Mexican food. He’d have to consider who’ll succeed Bellamy in 2022/23 as well given most new coaches want to make roster changes when they arrive at a club.
It’s hard to say but my gut feeling is TB has let at least some players know their free to look around or in other words not part of his future plans.
I also like Nick but it could be just a balancing act to assemble a more competitive squad come next season.
We might have others coming so the old mighty dollar plays a part.
Either way good luck to him.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It has ramifications tho and will show us up more. Smith and maybe Meaney.

Just further enhances Bellamy and Storm's reputation and reinforces most fans and players opinion that its worth your while to sign for less at Storm to be turned into a better than average player and possibly even great player.

We have work to do.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
a good squad player who should do well in Melbourne

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So? It's the NRL and a competitive sport. The Storm (and every other NRL club) are our competition and it's survival of the fittest. We're not entitled to anything for free regardless what we've done in the past (time to learn from our mistakes I think).
It’s not competitive when only 2 teams can win it