News Storm after Meaney

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The guy has been steady and taken steps in becoming a better player but if we are really going to compete with the elite then it’s not quite enough to be honest.
Look at just how good some of these current wingers are in the modern game.
Nick is not a winger.....

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Meaney will grow into a v good player. He just needs to get around a high performing group.
His pace alone is a huge plus that all teams need.
I hope he stays with us.

Last edited:

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Watch how good he will look playing for the storm. Has all the foundations for a decent outside back. Very safe, fast and can tackle. Doesn’t do dumb mistakes like the rest of our players. He will fit in well with them and his game will improve.
He just needs aggression. On he's returns. He needs angry pills. Good luck to him though. He deserves it.

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give Meaney a 1 year extension and pay rise and then swap him for Smith ffs
My thoughts exactly.
Pay him more than the storm are willing to offer as a sweetener and cop the difference under our cap.

If he is in the loop it’s a win win for all parties.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good luck to Meaney but I don't think he puts his body on the line enough when it comes to tackling or running into defensive lines.

He will definitely improve from being in the Storm system but I don't think his ceiling is that high.... most likely a solid backup in the backs.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not worried, but Good luck , will do well at storm !!

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is better than dalin. All the players that have been told they are not wanted will get picked up and we will not sign anyone but fringe first graders and no stars.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
1 down if he goes, and a shit load more to follow. Not a loss at all. Would have been a handy backup at best

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
I think it’s best we just get rid off everyone from 2018 to 2021. Bar our fuckin guns. We need a fuckin fresh start with entirely fresh soldiers. Good luck Meaney, purple suits you kid

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
@Kempsey Dog you ok brother? Not many had an appreciation for Meaney like yourself ;)
He is savouring the 'ol "I told yas all but no The Kennel thought they knew better" :grinning:

Good luck to Nick. There's gonna be a stampede of players heading to Bellamy wherever he ends up.

Untamed

Previously wilddog
Reaction score
I think with better players around him, he'll get more opportunities to do well

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Okunbor is off contract, this is his last year contracted with us (unless re-signed).
Yeah he is, but might get some sympathy having been out all year with injury. Same as Crichton, though I don’t expect we’ll keep both in ‘22.
Oh ok. I thought he re-signed for a couple of years at the start of last season.