Steve Price's comments in the Herald

Status
Not open for further replies.

-alex-

fiesty midget
Reaction score
i totally agree with pricey, and he has every right to comment on this situation. there is one saying that sums it up perfectly: "warrior by jersey, bulldog by HEART" the man still bleeds blue and white, and its where his heart will always be.

you can take him out of the bulldogs, but u cant take the bulldogs out of him! i dont care what anybody says, he is the NRL player that i have t he highest amount of respect for, and i didnt lose a single bit of respect for him when he moved to teh warriors.

-alex-

fiesty midget
Reaction score
i get very worked up when people bag him out and giv him sh!t coz he was my favorite player for soo long, and it totally ripped me when he announced he was leaving. but i knew what he was doing was in the best intrest of his family (and his wife :rolleyes: )and i know under any other circumstances he would have stayed. you can tell how much this club meant to him, and still does mean to him. and unlike mason i never questioned his loyalty at all, like when he left i was in absolute shock that he was going, as with mason i will be in absolute shock if he stays!

unwrittenlaw

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
why does Pricey's opinion matter i mean he is an opposition captain am i gunna listen to Michael Monaghens opinion of us next

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I still stand by what I said.

If we do re-sign Anasta, SBW AND Mason then it was the smartest thing the Bulldogs did in not re-signing Price.

I'm sure if the Bulldogs REALLY wanted Price to stay then they would have "uped" their offer to him. The club knew they had the "Big 3" off contract.

mickey83

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Price broke alot of fans hearts, including mine, when he signed for the nzw. I remember when i first saw him in 95. A second rower who with alot of guts. I watched him grow as a footballer and develop into a quality player. But I disagree with what he has come out and said about the clubs biz. in the signing of players. He came from us. He is not with us any more. The club have got reasons for signing the players they do when they do. He was a priority signing for us last year. He got an up-grade offer to his contract. I didn't hear him say don't worry about the up-grade, use it to keep other players. He has his big salary now. If he is so worried why doesn't he give these players some money? Price when you where blue and white you could say what you think about the club. Your not so stay out of the clubs biz.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Price can say whatever he wants about looking after his family.

The fact that he rejected to become a bulldogs great, is enough for me to oust him out of the club.

People complain about Mason's loyalty. But where is Price's one? Price might be a good bloke, and Mason not, but if Mason stays, I know who I will support.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
K E All Of You said:
I still stand by what I said.

If we do re-sign Anasta, SBW AND Mason then it was the smartest thing the Bulldogs did in not re-signing Price.

I'm sure if the Bulldogs REALLY wanted Price to stay then they would have "uped" their offer to him. The club knew they had the "Big 3" off contract.
top post.

>iTs A dOgG LyF<

.aka. DoG4LyFe
Reaction score
Price is the player in the NRL i respect the most, he will always be a bulldog. I hated him going to the warriors but didnt lose any respect for him. He can have his opinions but we dont have to listen, he has nothing to do with our club anymore, move on.

Bulldog Power

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think its not helpful price making these comments and I wish he hadnt

He can make them in private, but I would loathe to think price had received any money for the comments/interview too. The people who have made the comment about price being hypocritical are correct... because of him the club was forced to squeeze out lower tier players, the warriors too

I like steve price but liking and repecting him doesnt give him a carte blanche to make distablising comments to the media concerning the bulldogs.. especially when they are hypocritical comments too.

MiteyDogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys i haven't read all your posts because i'm at work and haven't got time, i just read the article..
How can Price make comments about Willie & Sonny & Anasta wanting money, and none being left over for the other players?
He left the club because Warriors offered him heaps more money then we were gonna offer him. Mason, Sonny & Anasta have to think about their future as well, it was ok for Price to take as much money as he could, but if our players are trying to do it, its not fair to the other players who are out of contract as well?
Does it sound hypocritical?

Anastabation

Reaction score
I still have a high level of respect for Price but that does not help our situation. As someone else said, if he was really concerned, he would speak to Noad about it.

Dog-E

Purebreed
Reaction score
It was Price's delaying, and eventual LATE SEASON defection that cost us the chance to sign any decent replacement front-rowers when he left - because they had all already signed elsewhere, AND our other players like Maiava, Scott et al had already done what they felt they had to do - they couldnt wait around forever to see what priey was gonna do - and so they looked after themselves by signing elsewhere...IF Price had made his decision earlier - we cpould have retained some of them, or signed better players...But, no - instead, what did we get?...Ben Csislowski!!!!

Now, I do kind of agree that Proce has earned the right to comment on MOST matters Bulldogs...but NOT this one!...That's just the way the Rugby League market is these days Pricey - as mentioned YOU of anyone should know that!!...And besides - With the amount of players the club he now plays for - the Warriors have ditched mid-season in recent years - Steve Price, their captain & representative - is in NO position to criticise the actions of our club & retention committee here!

Just get your OWNn ship in order over there before you go making unsolicited comments on your old Club, thanks Steve!...You're normally a gentelemn, and a sublime diplomat - this is VERY disappointing, coming so early after your own defection Procey - VERY disappointing & surprising indeed!! So i'm afraid on this matter i must say just STFU Steve - and do what you do best - play footy!

A

atomic_crimson

as Dog-e mentioned whilst price took his time to re sign we lost guys like scott and maiava.... and then price didnt end up signing with us... sounds all too hypocrytical..

same thing maybe happening now.. which i hope it doesnt cos we have some lesser knowns who need to be re-signed... but i dont think price is in a place to make comments about it...

i love pricey.. he is a bulldog at heart but i hate seeing him in warriors gear..im still cut..:(

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
yeap i agree with it actually.. warrior in jersey but a bulldogs at heart.. he is still a gronk but LOL.. nah i agree wif what he saying.. we need to keep those players and resign them

Dog-E

Purebreed
Reaction score
Does anyone honestly believe we should be signing up all our 'so-so' or toiler' players...and then just offering our 'stars' what's left?

Pshah!...yeah, imagine - There'd be RIOTS in the streets of Belomore if we rushed out & re-signed Perry & Hughes...and then allowed SBW and Mason etc to walk away - "Sorry lads - but we spent all our money already!"...And rightly so - What kind of business would THAT be!??!!

How many similarly 'loyal' young or reserve grade Kiwis are missing out on a crack at first grade, since YOUand the Missus flew in to your bank-vault full of cash, Steve??..Hmm??!

As I said before - Just stick to what you know Pricey....playing footy! Not commenting on it - especially at a place where you no longer are...

lockyer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs2005 said:
He's a warrior for now.

ill remember what he did for us when he retires.
mate, he IS a warrior for now, but to 'forget' what he did until he retires is a bit too harsh imo.

I mean, if Webcke left for more money to another club, I'd have no arguments, he's done so much for our club already.

He is a warrior, you should aim to defeat the warriors of course, but never forget what he did for the bulldogs.

madroota

Waterboy
Reaction score
If Pri$ey was so concerned about the 'toilers", maybe he should have taken a pay cut at the Worriers so they could sign another Hughes or Grimaldi.

i find it laughable that some of you make comments like "Pri$ey will always be a Bulldog at heart" and "Pri$ey still bleeds blue and white". What crap!! He is no longer a Bulldog. He had the chance to join Steve Mortimer, George Peponis and co to become a Bulldog legend and play for only one for his whole career. Instead, he saw $$$$$$$$$$$$ signs and sold his Bulldog soul. Good luck to him, but stop with this "Pri$ey is aBulldog legend" crap.

-alex-

fiesty midget
Reaction score
madroota said:
i find it laughable that some of you make comments like "Pri$ey will always be a Bulldog at heart" and "Pri$ey still bleeds blue and white". Instead, he saw $$$$$$$$$$$$ signs and sold his Bulldog soul. Good luck to him, but stop with this "Pri$ey is aBulldog legend" crap.
and i find it laughable that u can forget how much good he did for the club for t he 10 years he was there, and what an inspirational captain he was and throw it all out the window just coz u think he "sold his bulldog soul". Coz no matter what u think it was probably the hardest decision he had to make. I wrote him a letter after he left thanking him for all he did for the dogs and explaining how he had been my favorite player for years and wished him all the best luck in NZ. that letter put tears in his eyes and almost made him cry and trust me when u see that man cry you know its genuine.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I can't wait till we hammer the Warriors.

Status
Not open for further replies.