Steve Price's comments in the Herald

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brissy Bulldog

Proud to be a Bulldog
Reaction score
He is not part of the club anymore and has no right to comment on the goings on at the club.

His comments are not helpful and appear to be designed to cause instability within the club.

I wonder if he is as concerned for the honest toilers at the Warriors while he is sitting there counting his truckload of money ?

For those who missed it, here is the article:
---------------------------

TOILERS PAY THE PRICE IN DOGS FIGHT
By - Will Swanton

The Bulldogs have more than three players coming off contract. And it's those who aren't the superstars that former captain Steve Price fears for.

The Warriors skipper says it is inevitable a premiership-winning club will be torn apart the following season, but his greatest concern is that his old club is becoming so preoccupied with re-signing superstars Sonny Bill Williams, Willie Mason & Braith Anasta that honest toilers such as Corey Hughes are going to be left high and dry after the big names have taken their chunk of the monetary pie.

Williams has agreed to a two year, $800,000.00 deal and the Bulldogs are trying desperately to keep Mason & Anasta as well.

Meanwhile players such as Hughes, Tony Grimaldi and Jamaal Lolesi are awaiting to sort out uncertain futures.

"It's sad" Price said. "Everyone is talking about Sonny Bill Williams, Willie Mason and Braith Anasta, but what about the other guys ?"

"They're important and in some ways nearly more important to the club in the way they really go about their job every week. They aren't getting paid the money they probably should be paid but they turn up every week and never let anyone down. They shouldn't be forgotten.

"Everyone talks about Willie having to wait for Sonny to make a decision, and they say 'poor Willie'

"Well what about poor Corey Hughes?. What about a bloke like Adam Perry when he's off contract ?. They've got to wait for those three other guys to decide what their doing to do and then they get whats left over - if there is any".

---------------------------------------

Its go on with some other stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
pricey will always be a bulldog at heart, it shows he still cares for the club imo.

Mac

lol finch
Reaction score
I agree with what he is saying.

Brissy Bulldog

Proud to be a Bulldog
Reaction score
I just don't think it is productive. What about all the guys at the Warriors who work and train hard but get paid whatever was left over after Price and Wiki took all the cash !.

Reaction score
Brissy Bulldog said:
I just don't think it is productive. What about all the guys at the Warriors who work and train hard but get paid whatever was left over after Price and Wiki took all the cash !.
the warriors club chose to do that.

I still think Pricey has the right to say stuff, productive or not, the dude has a bulldogs tatt on his arse!

Reaction score
=el magic= said:
the warriors club chose to do that.

I still think Pricey has the right to say stuff, productive or not, the dude has a bulldogs tatt on his arse!
Youve probably drawn a picture of it :p

Reaction score
it was mainly his wife's desicion. She was the one who wanted to move out of sydney... they moved to picton then after the offer from the warriors she went over there straight away to check stuff out.

Dont tell me steve went over there for the money.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes I am. What right does he have to comment? Thank god he got injured last year, I wanted him stripped of the captaincy.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not asking you to agree. These sorts of comments create division amongst the players.

M

Makavelli

Price is no longer a bulldog.

So to me he is like every other player in the nrl.

ill start to respect him again when he retires.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
whatever he said now i dont agree with
because that goes on in every club, the top tier players get most of the slice of the cake from the salary cap and the lower profile players grab the crumbs
so i dont know what he's going on about there

but i dont understand your logic for hating him even last year
did you not like him for leaving us or another reason

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
He should keep his mouth shut, and focus on avoiding the spoon with his newly found glory team at the Warriors. Every club is made out of hard workers and superstars. If the hard workers decide to leave, good luck to them, they will be replaced by other hard workers. If the superstars leave, good luck to them, they will be replaced by others. If he loves the Bulldogs, he should make a phone call to Malcolm, or the boys and tell them to stick together.

M

Makavelli

Mr Rodriguez™ said:
whatever he said now i dont agree with
because that goes on in every club, the top tier players get most of the slice of the cake from the salary cap and the lower profile players grab the crumbs
so i dont know what he's going on about there

but i dont understand your logic for hating him even last year
did you not like him for leaving us or another reason

Habib does not hate steve price infact any TRUE dogs supporter wouldnt hate pricey.But price should worry about his own business from now on.He should stop worrying about what the dogs do and concentrate about the warrios by making comments like that he is creating division at our club.

as i said before atm i treat price like the other 300 or so players in the nrl.

But after he retires he will gain my respect once AGAIN.

M

Makavelli

Another thing i didnt hear pricey complaining last year when all the attention was on him and the dogs forgot about players like feeny,scott,thurston,maiava if it wasnt for price we would have kept most of those players.

What a hypocrite.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
okay i agree he should not comment on the dogs right now

but too call him a sheep shagger or whatever and to say you were glad he got injured last year is wrong, Pricey made a great contribution to this club

its like treating your players like a piece of meat

Status
Not open for further replies.