Steve Irwin - Dead!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
"If something ever happens to me, people are gonna be like 'we knew a croc would get him!'"

That was a quote I found on the net by Steve Irwin :(

fkn stingray barb, the man was fearless

R.I.P again Stever Irwin (1962-2006)

Mac

lol finch
Reaction score
**** me this is shocking, i thought hed get snapped up by a croc, STRING RAY? ****

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Poor guy, he leaves behind his wife and a very young daughter and son :(

As I said in the U.S they absolutely loved this guy and he had his own TV show etc. He's done alot for animal conservation and the australian environment and animals in general.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Irwin

I cant believe how fast Wikipedia has already updated his death

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Tragic loss of Aussie icon http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,20349892-952,00.html

HE dealt daily with all manner of dangerous creatures ... giant crocodiles, poisonous snakes, komodo dragons ... but it was a less obvious hazard that claimed the life of Steve Irwin.

Irwin had taken calculated risks with all sorts of wildlife for decades, relying on his knowledge of animal behaviour and personal experience to beat the odds.
For someone who spent so much time around killer animals, Irwin seemed to leave a charmed life.

So his demise was all the more shocking because it apparently involved a stingray, an animal regarded as dangerous but not as a killer.

It is understood that Irwin was swimming off the Low Isles off Port Douglas filming a documentary, a task Irwin has carried out on countless occasions.

Yet this time, Irwin, ever so careful around danger, was taken unawares when, apparently, a sting ray he was filming struck out with its tail, the venomous barbs fatally embedding in his chest.

The death brought to an end a career that began with his father's Sunshine Coast theme park and developed into an international empire in which Irwinwas a globally recognised brand.

Working with his American-born wife Terri, and later, children his Bindi and Bob, the Irwin phenomenon continued to grow.

He was as recognised in the USA as he was here, and was one of the best-known Australians on the planet.

Irwin's catchcry "Crikey!" also became famous as he came face to fang with animals across the globe, the knockabout Australian in khakis delighting audiences in how he survived encounter after encounter.

Irwin's fame was legendary - one story related to staff at a US studio headquarters who had become completely blase about stars in their presence - until Irwin turned up.
Then, the story went, whole floors of the building emptied as the staff headed for Irwin to shake his hand and get his autograph.

The high profile also brought with it some downsides - Irwin was astonished and hurt when he was criticised for taking his baby son Bob into a crocodile enclosure during one of his shows. The incident, which captured worldwide headlines, led to a slight dulling of Irwin's star but his popularity recovered. Irwin's face was important to Australian tourism and his image was used by the Australian Quarantine Inspection Service to stress the importance of protecting Australia.

He also campaigned to protect crocodiles, the creature that made him legendary, after the Northern Territory government proposed a resumption of croc hunting in the top end.

.PARANoIR.

I stole this off Charisma
Reaction score
Bloody hell. He tackled all those damn crocs and everything, and nothing really ever happened to him and he gets killed by a friggin sting ray when he wasn't even trying to do anything to it.

RIP

D

DoggyStylz

there should be a state funeral for him, he's done so much to boost Australia's recognition on the world stage

A

atomic_crimson

his wife is yet to be notified - she is hiking in tasmania!

Premiers04

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
R.I.P Steve. A great character who did alot for the environment & australia. He was taken too soon.

TCB-BD

CBBD FTW!
Reaction score
S*** that is not good... :(

Sad day for Australia, he is an Aussie legend... he will be missed by all... :(

He has a son and a daughter who he leaves behind and commisserations to Terri, Bindi, Bob and the rest of the family this is a sad day for Australia... :(

STEVE IRWIN, A LEGEND OF AUSTRALIA, TAKEN AWAY TOO SOON BUT WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN RIP MATE... :(

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
Quarantine Matters!!!

He also did alot for our border control :(

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
CRIKEY!!!

I knew this would be comming knowing the dangerous risks that Steve would take...I remember watching one of his doccos on one of the docco channels once and he had to go in and break up a fight between two male turtles.

Anyways on a serious note, my condolances to Terri, Bindi, Bob and the Irwin family...

PantherPower83

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very shocking news, especially for someone that young.

Good Aussie character - RIP

What a way to go out....ouch

Status
Not open for further replies.