Steve Irwin - Dead!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCB-BD

CBBD FTW!
Reaction score
Steve Irwin will be given a state funeral if the family wishes... :grinning:

Source: http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,20356038-29277,00.html
Irwin family offered state funeral
September 05, 2006

STEVE Irwin will get a state funeral if that's what his family wants, Queensland Premier Peter Beattie says.

The 44-year-old media personality and environmentalist died yesterday when a stingray barb punctured his heart while he was filming a nature documentary off the coast of Port Douglas in north Queensland.

Mr Beattie today said Irwin put Australia on the world map.

"He will be remembered as not just a great Queenslander, but a great Australian," Mr Beattie said on Channel Seven.

"Whenever I travel overseas, particularly to countries like the United States, he was certainly the most well known Australian.

"People didn't know who our prime minister was, or who our premiers are, but they certainly know Steve Irwin."

Asked if his government would honour Irwin with a state funeral, Mr Beattie replied: "We will honour Steve Irwin in whatever way his family wants."

But first it was important to let his wife Terry and two young children, who recently returned to Queensland from Tasmania, deal with the tragedy, he said.

"Our first thoughts have to be with Terry and the children and I don't want to say or do anything that will make their grief worse because they are a wonderful family," Mr Beattie said.

"We will approach the family and we would obviously be keen to honour him in some sort of way from the Queensland Government point of view, from the state's point of view, but we would only do that with the family's approval.

"They have to deal with this terrible news which has shocked everyone."

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
i'm still in disbelief, God bless his soul,, may he RIP & condolences to his wife terri & the rest of his family & friends :(

chadiwrx

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Titanium Doggie said:
Agreed there.. :grinning:

Hey all, Ok as a sign of respect for Steve, many forums and people have decided to do the following, its up to you, but ATM as we can't find a crocodile emoticon, its the sign of respect we are all showing for the Late Steve Irwin...

Put (tu) in front of your display name- It's a turtle and its a mark of respect for the Late Steve Irwin

Thanks all and R.I.P Steve, Australia is sadder and less whole today... :(

Here is a croc emoticon

Bellz

Bellz
Reaction score
I was really shocked when I heard about it.
It's very sad to hear. RIP Steve :(

Status
Not open for further replies.