Opinion Sorry result of NRL coach's unheeded warning

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
and if nothing else, there are worse strugglers as FG head coaches that keep getting opportunities --> Nathan Brown coached a stacked Dragons team for six seasons in the noughties for a grand total of 2 preliminary final appearances before getting fired, then coached the Knights to two further spoons before he parted ways with the club due to a lack of confidence from the club and yet he is back with a FG gig with the Warriors

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
POT... KETTLE.... BLACK.....

What a crappy sensationalist article.Nostradamus has nothing on Daley and Co..... For Pete's sake three games into a new season and that being played with at least half the same roster that has been at the club over several coaching incarnations. Blokes whose psyche has been scarred by sub standard tactics and coaching...Rome was not built in a day , we all know that and anyone who expects us to be world beaters in a short period of time needs a reality check. Half the problem is the constant haranguing by the media about how awful we are and what a poor side we are.....every week and without let up. Yet there are a few other sides who are pretty ordinary at the moment but none of them get the same shabby treatment as us. Hell yeah I am pissed at this article but I expect nothing less from the media.....

Hindsight is twenty twenty Daley and if we all had the benefit of it , not much would be a surprise in this world. I for one am not enthused with our efforts this year thus far but it is early days and at least even though we have donuts the last two rounds there are a few different strategies being applied....we no longer have Tolman on the fourth, consistent short line drop outs, one out every single tackle of each set. We at least have a kicker who can for the most part find grass and not just a hail Mary hope for the best kick down the throat of the fullback or wingers. Bad habits need to be un learned and confidence needs to be gained.......

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Andrew johns was no doubt a great player ... but I’ve never heard him get much right on he’s predictions and comments about the game. He’s always wrong!
he is ALWAYS wrong!! as an analyst he is a joke.

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We’re shite but not paying overs for anyone. Maybe 50k for cotric

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
In terms of this board’s signings
That’s the issue, we’re not paying overs so it will take longer. I think in the long run we’ll be better for it

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
...this article was written after wading through the kennel forums. A lot of this stuff has been mentioned in here.

Last edited:

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
daley was in a stacked raiders team, would have been interesting to see how he'd go in normal team.
he wasn't great enough in the 95 finals when we smashed the raiders. i'd have terry lamb in my team over daley any day of the week
Daley was great but I’d also have Lamb in any side over the Snoz

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually mentioned a week ago in another thread that Penrith by not releasing Burton were in a way also tanking Bazz’s career...I said that because by 2022 if We don’t win anything this year, the pressure on Bazz to walk will be huuuge possibly ending his career before it gets going.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They'd also take (or I'd rather have) Flanagan over Milford and Croft but you make a great point. Barely a handful of our current 17 would make the wooden spooners and a fellow bottom four teams 17..
Yeah agree re Flanno

Maybe RFM and Thompson when fit

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually mentioned a week ago in another thread that Penrith by not releasing Burton were in a way also tanking Bazz’s career...I said that because by 2022 if We don’t win anything this year, the pressure on Bazz to walk will be huuuge possibly ending his career before it gets going.
nothing to do with panthers , if Barrett needed another half this year , he should have signed a half that was available this year

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
nothing to do with panthers , if Barrett needed another half this year , he should have signed a half that was available this year
Mate everyone in footy knows how it works...the panthers are just being c...ts to be honest

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Phil Gould - Shit player - Only coaching success he ever had was with a well drilled Bulldogs team that were still playing with a superb team that had been taught plenty by the coaches prior to his time. He is the most opinionated talking head in the game. But hindsight is a specialty and he's gained much of his reputation by pointing out the blatantly obvious after something happens in a game.
Mate, Gould can be a massive flog full of “ I know everything” but you a short selling his results. He coached the Dogs and the Panthers to premierships, was the most successful NSW SOO coach and had a 60% win ratio across Canterbury, Penrith and the Roosters as coach. He also played over 100 first grade games so he was no fringe player.

Personally I think any talk of Barrett’s demise is massively premature ( even though I never wanted him appointed) as he will be given at least this season and halfway thru 22 to show that he has a plan that will work. However, if he does fail at our club after being given complete control and a war chest to buy the players he wants, he will be finished.

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about Manly lol experienced coach experienced players playing awesome , yet Barrett was warned that he would struggle here ,really with the team we have i cant believe it lol.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The easiest thing to do is be an armchair critic, all of those mentioned in the article are.

Barrett would be looking at it a different way, the opportunity to clean out dead wood and improve the club. I’m pretty sure he realised it was going to be a tough gig.

None of us are happy with the performances but I’ve never seen so much pressure piled on a coach after 3 games.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Imagine how bad the headlines will be when we're likely 0-5 because we have Souths and Melbourne the next two weeks. They'll be doing their best to destabilise the club and warn recruits to stay away etc..
Losing to cowboys round 6 is going to be brutal lol

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Losing to cowboys round 6 is going to be brutal lol
Who is to say we will? Manly and Nth Qld have been way worse than us.

We have Nth Qld, Cronulla, Parra and Saints in rounds 6-9. If we can go 3-1 or even 2-2 during that stretch and start scoring some points, then the outlook for the rest of the season will look much better.