Opinion Something more important than 2 points

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
Cause thats working for newcastle. Allot of these blokes are young and learning still there a definently some that we don't want but there are others that will perform with better players around the.
By the time good players come. They will have moved on

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Gotta say that I am pretty proud of our guys. Anyone that thinks we are a top 8 team are dreaming BUT when you actually accept that fact you can see other things.

The effort and resilience from our guys was awesome. Yes we fuked up heaps of times BUT we also didn't take shite from Souths. Lewis single handledly took on Burgess and got on top of him. That means we have shown Storm and Souths who we are so far this season and I have no doubt both of the mentioned teams would say they were sore the next day!

If we can take about 8 - 10 guys from this team in a couple of years time and add some class then I tell you we are looking pretty good. At the moment we are learning grit and toughness and that can't be coached, it has to be experienced! That is the stuff that is needed to win GF's.

We also showed signs (as a young team) of being able to change plans and go to a niggle and slowdown…...which did work. We have showed the comp blueprints on how to beat the Storm and Souths this year!

The things we are learning at the moment are priceless and I am proud of the guys today!
Agree with everything except we are a decent team that should make the 8.

The defensive effort from the boys I saw today was absolutely fantastic even though we lost the game but when ever I am going to think about that run from smith to run 90 meters and stopped that bunny’s try will always get a smile on my face despite that bullshit call from the ref to penalise smith.

The boys are inexperienced but they punched way above their weight today other than Okunbor.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Did you see the way Lockyer was looking at him... Broncos will be knocking.
LOL.

He doesn't want to play for the Broncos.

His Dad Scott will put his foot down & say no.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok boys played well but Souths were bad with the class they got they were always gonna atleast grind out a win I’m just hoping they don’t come out flat next week
Souths played bad because of our boys slowing down the ruck and taking Cook and Burgess out of the game.. Deno had a good game plan and the boys did well.. Cogger should be 7 and Lewis should be at six, take on the line like Cronk.. Big body and has great skills.. My only real issue at the moment is Remis is getting fuck all ball.. The try saving tackle on Allen was a high light for me.. Once we get Foz and Big Pappi back, we will win these tight games

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You serious...Okunbor, he’s only played a handful of first grade games and broke a few records fuck your a hard marker...give the bloke a chance, you saying you don’t see any potential from him?
I agree more time in first, replace Holland.. He either Hogs the ball or throws a shit pass to Okunbor.. We have 500k, throw it at Staggs, Or Xerri

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
With this squad we needed zero injuries and plenty of luck

We’ve had the exact opposite
No luck and plenty of injuries

Add Napa and Foran along with a fit and firing brown/rfm and we play a hell of a lot better week in week out

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really think Meaney will be our shining star, will only get better each game.
He needs to watch some Rod Silva and Patten vids, start running off some hips and use his speed to fly through the line.. He will he gold

sheep dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
After watching Lewis post game interview and talking about his clash with burgess it just reinforced to me that we need to make sure we hold onto him,smith and Meaney
And ogdan the block is gonna be a star plays with gussto ,passion and pride

sheep dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If Souths were on today we'd have lost by 50+. They kept us in the game, rather than us playing at Souths level. Souths tried to gift us the game and we couldn't even help ourselves.

The problem with this side is too much youth and no guidance in regards to experience. Add to that too many heroes wanting the glory play with one out football, and a hooker off the bench who is fucking woeful.

There are positive signs in places but each loss drops morale more and more. The more morale drops the less faith the players have in their own abilities, and that's when we face a real uphill battle as a team.

We need a win soon. Close enough is NOT good enough.
I agree we need a win soon

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After watching Lewis post game interview and talking about his clash with burgess it just reinforced to me that we need to make sure we hold onto him,smith and Meaney
I love Lewis, But he needs to offer more in attack and work more on his kicking game, I think with his tireless defence & great Passes he would make a great hooker, If only we had a couple of good play makers, but in saying that he was a stand out yesterday Along with Meaney who was great under the high ball even when injured, JMK, CHN, Ogden, Tolman, Jackson, Martin & Smith, all take a bow, 10/10 for effort yesterday

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We aren't cheating like other clubs so we have to do it the hard way
WHY? Why are we doing it the hard way and after watching the second game last night and seeing real Quality attacking football from two teams that are clearly cheating the system, and there are lots of others doing the same thing, why are we being the goody goodies & copping it up the arse, I don't know about you guys but I'm sick of being the family club , the nice guys. Because Nice guys always finish last and that's exactly what's happening to us. This club is Fucking Loaded with cash get some fucking clever accountants and lets get back on track and stop being the laugh stock of the NRL, and we aint seen nothing yet, just wait to it's turn to take on the Roosters we are going to see a record score, their players that were out with injuries last night probably cost more than our entire squad, Blind Freddy ( Fitler ) can see they must be way over the Salary Cap but they getting away with it and just bought themselves another Premiership.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Was very optimistic for the 2019 season, but we all knew it would more likely than not be a hard year, I guess we just have to accept the fact an keep cheering our boys on. Can’t do anything about it have to roll with the punches.

When a win does come it will be truly deserved with the Cattle/stock we have, we will see better days.. it’s a waiting game an will be!!

Win or lose will always be here supporting my team as hard as it is to swallow!!
And the wins will always be sweeter when they're rare. I'd even be satisfied with an underserved win from foul play- especially if the the other team's fans rioted afterward.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
WHY? Why are we doing it the hard way and after watching the second game last night and seeing real Quality attacking football from two teams that are clearly cheating the system, and there are lots of others doing the same thing, why are we being the goody goodies & copping it up the arse, I don't know about you guys but I'm sick of being the family club , the nice guys. Because Nice guys always finish last and that's exactly what's happening to us. This club is Fucking Loaded with cash get some fucking clever accountants and lets get back on track and stop being the laugh stock of the NRL, and we aint seen nothing yet, just wait to it's turn to take on the Roosters we are going to see a record score, their players that were out with injuries last night probably cost more than our entire squad, Blind Freddy ( Fitler ) can see they must be way over the Salary Cap but they getting away with it and just bought themselves another Premiership.
I think because only some clubs are Policed (like ours) while others can blatantly cheat with the NRL's blessing. IMO pretty much all of the usual mob have been cheating for atleast the last decade some pretty much their whole existence.. It does not make sense that they never go through cycles of high and low. Under a Salary Cap players have to leave after a successful stint and their contracts go up....not for the top 3 - 4 clubs it doesn't???

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think because only some clubs are Policed (like ours) while others can blatantly cheat with the NRL's blessing. IMO pretty much all of the usual mob have been cheating for atleast the last decade some pretty much their whole existence.. It does not make sense that they never go through cycles of high and low. Under a Salary Cap players have to leave after a successful stint and their contracts go up....not for the top 3 - 4 clubs it doesn't???
I think you give the NRL way too much credit they have never caught a salary cap cheat through their own investigations its always a whistle blower or just being dumb like the Sharks.

They are just too smart for the NRL we have to start doing it too.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I think you give the NRL way too much credit they have never caught a salary cap cheat through their own investigations its always a whistle blower or just being dumb like the Sharks.

They are just too smart for the NRL we have to start doing it too.
It's hard to argue with the "nice guys finish last rule" that's for sure!

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
I'm over being patient lol however the reality is we have too.

Whether we like it or not the recruitment and retention of our juniors and players in general was horrendous under Hasler.

I know you cannot keep them all, however the ones we let go or passed on shows for years the guys doing that job along with Hasler/Dib and co. had no idea.

FFS we passed up on Latrell Mitchell, we let go of Marty T, Cook and co. don't get me started on how many juniors we've let go who we simply didn't identify for some reason. Hasler's biggest problem was unless you were a hard trainer and played by his plans he didn't want to take the effort on you, that back fired massively!
Talented players are usually the lazy trainers or defenders coming through, they need work but identifying the rights ones will put a club in a good position for years.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I'm over being patient lol however the reality is we have too.

Whether we like it or not the recruitment and retention of our juniors and players in general was horrendous under Hasler.

I know you cannot keep them all, however the ones we let go or passed on shows for years the guys doing that job along with Hasler/Dib and co. had no idea.

FFS we passed up on Latrell Mitchell, we let go of Marty T, Cook and co. don't get me started on how many juniors we've let go who we simply didn't identify for some reason. Hasler's biggest problem was unless you were a hard trainer and played by his plans he didn't want to take the effort on you, that back fired massively!
Talented players are usually the lazy trainers or defenders coming through, they need work but identifying the rights ones will put a club in a good position for years.
I think Hasler deliberately ran our entire club into the ground while he and his mates raped our bank account! Reason: Revenge! I will never know with 100% certainty as he will never admit it but there is no other explanation for some of the players he let go and how he coached the last couple of years.