Opinion Something more important than 2 points

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Gotta say that I am pretty proud of our guys. Anyone that thinks we are a top 8 team are dreaming BUT when you actually accept that fact you can see other things.

The effort and resilience from our guys was awesome. Yes we fuked up heaps of times BUT we also didn't take shite from Souths. Lewis single handledly took on Burgess and got on top of him. That means we have shown Storm and Souths who we are so far this season and I have no doubt both of the mentioned teams would say they were sore the next day!

If we can take about 8 - 10 guys from this team in a couple of years time and add some class then I tell you we are looking pretty good. At the moment we are learning grit and toughness and that can't be coached, it has to be experienced! That is the stuff that is needed to win GF's.

We also showed signs (as a young team) of being able to change plans and go to a niggle and slowdown…...which did work. We have showed the comp blueprints on how to beat the Storm and Souths this year!

The things we are learning at the moment are priceless and I am proud of the guys today!

Last edited:

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
I'll have to agree with you. Most of us saw this type of season coming so my hopes haven't really been shot down lol. The young guys will be better off for it.
Ofa, R. Smith, Meaney will be great players in a couple of years imo.

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
U serious? In 3 or 4 years Time
None of these useless fuks will be around Belmore .
Thank god for that

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree...this side isn’t star studded right now but it’s a tough footy side and a lot of the guys will be future guns.

The boys hung tough today with no ball and plenty of tough calls

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Was a gallant effort, no matter how bad Souths were playing or not! We still managed to put some pressure on an compete although everything was against us once again .

Well done considering..!!

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Great effort

But

Still took the L

1/6

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Last year was the same though. The effort was great all season last year despite all of the distractions and player turnover.

The effort was non existent the first two weeks and last week. And yes the effort was great against the Tigers, Melbourne and Souths.

But this is the NRL and after a while effort isn't enough. Effort should be expected and not applauded. It's not the players fault that the squad is so average.

But at what point do the fans deserve better than trying to find silver linings a quarter of the way through another lost season? It's not even May and the season is over at 1-5.

Add to that the club can't recruit anyone and we have very little talent to work with and it's hard to stay positive.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
After watching Lewis post game interview and talking about his clash with burgess it just reinforced to me that we need to make sure we hold onto him,smith and Meaney
Hah yeah I laughed and loved how he enjoyed it! That's old school.

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
U wanna keep 8 players from the sinking Titanic?
Name me the 8 pls..

Newcastle have only held onto one player that was there 3 yrs ago..
We need to do the same

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Last year was the same though. The effort was great all season last year despite all of the distractions and player turnover.

The effort was non existent the first two weeks and last week. And yes the effort was great against the Tigers, Melbourne and Souths.

But this is the NRL and after a while effort isn't enough. Effort should be expected and not applauded. It's not the players fault that the squad is so average.

But at what point do the fans deserve better than trying to find silver linings a quarter of the way through another lost season? It's not even May and the season is over.

Add to that the club can't recruit anyone and we have very little talent to work with and it's hard to stay positive.
The fans need to accept that this is how it will be for the next 2 years or so. Until we add talent we are just learning. We have a good core and I guess in 2021 when we have cash then we get what we need to hopefully complete the rebuild.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok boys played well but Souths were bad with the class they got they were always gonna atleast grind out a win I’m just hoping they don’t come out flat next week

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok boys played well but Souths were bad with the class they got they were always gonna atleast grind out a win I’m just hoping they don’t come out flat next week

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Name me the 8 pls..

We need to do the same
Last time I checked we weren't Newcastle.....

In no particular order,

R. Smith
Okunbar
Lewis
Meaney
Ogden
Napa
Jackson
CHN
Hoppa
JMK
Fualalo

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Name me the 8 pls..

We need to do the same
Working out well for the knights ......

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The fans need to accept that this is how it will be for the next 2 years or so. Until we add talent we are just learning. We have a good core and I guess in 2021 when we have cash then we get what we need to hopefully complete the rebuild.
I think we all knew before the season started that the finals weren't likely and being competitive would be an accomplishment.

I think where the angst lies is why did the coach get an extension when he now has a 9-21 record? Especially when there have been three thrashings this year already in six games..

If we had some genuine young talent through the grades waiting in the wings or in the FG squad already, then fans would rest easier. Or if we knew that reinforcements were on the way..

But when we have a small handful of players you'd want to keep moving forward, and we keep missing out on every target then it's harder to stay positive.

Especially when the same proven duds like Lichaa play every week and we have to endure their horrible performances..