Rumour Something is brewing

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Haha. This rumour may or may not have legs but I'm not getting my hopes up so I wouldn't want everyone else to do the same.. Let's just say if it somehow happens, we'd all be blowing ourselves constantly.
If I haven't found a method of blowing myself in 40 years on this planet I doubt any rumour on this forum will give me the means.

Don't worry alchemist, the only follow up questions is about the book Nashweed read last week.....no other info!

View attachment 23169
This book has helped me so much.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Does anyone know any of the account names of lurking Journos? Or do they all just loiter like .... you know whats
They have accounts but they don't post. A certain journo messaged me years ago and gave me his contact details because i said I knew who the fan was that threw a bottle at the ref haha.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hide it before, but I had heard about 4 weeks ago we were so super close to Staggs it wasn’t funny. Higher $$ than anyone and he was nearly over the line. Then Broncos panicked and upped their off (still less than us) and offered 5/8. Now it’s still alive. It unlikely. Something will give at the Broncos, they can’t keep them all with these upgrades.
Sounds like what happened with Piakura. If upgrading Staggs means we end up with Haas, who we need more than Staggs, I'm OK with that. We can't offer him the 5/8 role obviously so as long as he costs the Broncos a fortune and screws up their cap it might help us in the end

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds like what happened with Piakura. If upgrading Staggs means we end up with Haas, who we need more than Staggs, I'm OK with that. We can't offer him the 5/8 role obviously so as long as he costs the Broncos a fortune and screws up their cap it might help us in the end
Yes we need haas

Stevche Kat

Waterboy
Reaction score
Even if the side lose every game this year, Barrett isn't going anywhere. Take that as a definite.

This cleary isn't a scoop but the side wont be recognisable next year compared to the one running out now. Alot of players know they're going and that's another definite , they know it 100%. Now people hear that and say so why play them if they're going / try something new but it just isn't as simple as that for E.g. playing schoupp in for hoppa or Doorey in for Waddell, as much as I'd prefer that.

The team will alter somewhat post round 10.

Another thing, in every team there are clicks and players that are closing to some than others. Again, nothing new at all however there as some players in my opinion that very much don't get on at the moment however there's no issue with Barrett. It's not 'lost the dressing room' at all.

Lastly per the original post things are brewing but they take time. You're not going to get an announcement next week nor the week after. Stick by the club or turn the telly back on when we start winning.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Even if the side lose every game this year, Barrett isn't going anywhere. Take that as a definite.

This cleary isn't a scoop but the side wont be recognisable next year compared to the one running out now. Alot of players know they're going and that's another definite , they know it 100%. Now people hear that and say so why play them if they're going / try something new but it just isn't as simple as that for E.g. playing schoupp in for hoppa or Doorey in for Waddell, as much as I'd prefer that.

Another thing, in every team there are clicks and players that are closing to some than others. Again, nothing new at all however there as some players in my opinion that very much don't get on at the moment however there's no issue with Barrett. It's not 'lost the dressing room' at all.

Lastly per the original post things are brewing but they take time. You're not going to get an announcement next week nor the week after. Stick by the club or turn the telly back on when we start winning.
There is an issue with Baz, he isn't a head coach.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thankyou for your logic and clear explanation of why cetain players are unable to play yet.

You will even get so called Kennel experts calling for Dietz at 9 even tho KS is available at hooker.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
im less concerned with the decisions Barret has already made, eg Waddel, Hetherington and Flanagan - the big decisions are what to do with the 15 squad spots and available salary cap in 2022.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
im less concerned with the decisions Barret has already made, eg Waddel, Hetherington and Flanagan - the big decisions are what to do with the 15 squad spots and available salary cap in 2022.
Sign more expensive outside backs and rejects he coached at other clubs.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sign more expensive outside backs and rejects he coached at other clubs.
I dont believe he Barret realised the lack of ability in the squad - he does now - he has the cap space and the spots to turn the club around or fail. Up to him. One thing he does need is NOW is a defensive coach.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I dont believe he Barret realised the lack of ability in the squad - he does now - he has the cap space and the spots to turn the club around or fail. Up to him. One thing he does need is NOW is a defensive coach.
I don't think Baz realised a lot of things. I genuinely can't see us winning this season and I'm unsure how we bounce back from that without major changes to staff and/or players.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't think Baz realised a lot of things. I genuinely can't see us winning this season and I'm unsure how we bounce back from that without major changes to staff and/or players.
15 roster positions up for grabs has the potential to make a lot of difference - just losing Napa, Hopoate and replacing with average first graders would help.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

thank fuck there are a few voices of reason on here good post, rational and accurate imo.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Don't write him off yet. 1) He isn't accepting of mediocrity, like Pay was, 2) He went into this season with plans that were either going to work or fail, what is more interesting now is if he'll learn from his mistakes. And in terms of mistakes, at this stage changing the squad positions around is mostly fiddling at the edges.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Don't write him off yet. 1) He isn't accepting of mediocrity, like Pay was, 2) He went into this season with plans that were either going to work or fail, what is more interesting now is if he'll learn from his mistakes. And in terms of mistakes, at this stage changing the squad positions around is mostly fiddling at the edges.
Don't agree. I'll be shocked if we experience and sort of success under him.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
15 roster positions up for grabs has the potential to make a lot of difference - just losing Napa, Hopoate and replacing with average first graders would help.
Maybe. I don't trust Baz in the least, the only thing going for him is that he seems to be able to draw players...not sure if they're going to be the players we need though.