CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What counts as success?
Achieving the desired result. The desired result obviously changes over time but I am yet to see anything from him that makes me believe he will ever perform at a level that will deliver that.

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would bet the house Kotoa is named at 9 and Hoppa at Centre next week.

What needs to happen for Barrett to make the call to drop consistently underperforming players?
Don't write him off yet. 1) He isn't accepting of mediocrity, like Pay was, 2) He went into this season with plans that were either going to work or fail, what is more interesting now is if he'll learn from his mistakes. And in terms of mistakes, at this stage changing the squad positions around is mostly fiddling at the edges.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Even if the side lose every game this year, Barrett isn't going anywhere. Take that as a definite.

This cleary isn't a scoop but the side wont be recognisable next year compared to the one running out now. Alot of players know they're going and that's another definite , they know it 100%. Now people hear that and say so why play them if they're going / try something new but it just isn't as simple as that for E.g. playing schoupp in for hoppa or Doorey in for Waddell, as much as I'd prefer that.

The team will alter somewhat post round 10.

Another thing, in every team there are clicks and players that are closing to some than others. Again, nothing new at all however there as some players in my opinion that very much don't get on at the moment however there's no issue with Barrett. It's not 'lost the dressing room' at all.

Lastly per the original post things are brewing but they take time. You're not going to get an announcement next week nor the week after. Stick by the club or turn the telly back on when we start winning.
You have made a lot of sense thank you. Looking forward to selections post round 11.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe. I don't trust Baz in the least, the only thing going for him is that he seems to be able to draw players...not sure if they're going to be the players we need though.
At least he can be judged on the decision s he makes.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would bet the house Kotoa is named at 9 and Hoppa at Centre next week.

What needs to happen for Barrett to make the call to drop consistently underperforming players?
Of course they're going to be named because we literally have NOBODY else to replace them until Rd 11 when we're allowed to name Schoup and Deitz as their replacements. You cant blame Baz for that. Baz would be livid with Hoppa's performance today but he can't do anything about it.

Stevche Kat

Waterboy
Reaction score
You need fringe first graders for depth in your top 30. Waddell is one of those. At the moment he plays first grade because we can't play anyone else. If we had a Payne Haas type of player which we will in the next 1-2 years then Waddell goes back to NSW cup but stays in top30. Every team has a Waddell they just play 3-4 first grade games a year for a variety of reasons as cover. It's just the way it is. This is where I slightly disagree on the fringe choice , but that's why Barrett is coach and we aren't. I see Chris Smith as equal if not better as a cover example but Trent will be judged on these decisions and how they pan out in the next two years. Separately there's excess players on decent coin who you can't just get rid of right at this point because you feel like it. E.g get rid of hoppa and replace with staggs. Just won't happen, not yet anyway. Also can't bring in another up n comer for him (yet)... < See my previous post about round 10. There's no light switch that fixes things immediately. But they will be fixed.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Start Topine at 9 for starters

Shift Hoppa to FB and DWZ to centre/wing with cotric

We're missing so many scoring opportunities with hoppa on that right edge.

Until Schoup is available for selection then rid hoppa from the starting 13 altogether.
Hoppa to FB. What metho you drinking good sir,
DWZ runs 200+ meters and you want replace him With Hoppa?

I am glad you people are nonwhere near team selections.

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No doubt DWZ current form at FB is great but hoppa is fucking killing us...

Good runs back from FB are good, but they aren't scoring opportunities... unlike the 4-5 chances we had down the right side that were all fucked the moment hoppa got the ball.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Good runs back from FB are good, but they aren't scoring opportunities... unlike the 4-5 chances we had down the right side that were all fucked the moment hoppa got the ball.
Issue is we need both, without good runs getting us some good set starts it is harder to get the defense back pedalling and thereby create space on the edges.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only way we get out of this is with some drastic recruitment changes.

we NEED tobe aiming for something like this...

1 Papenhauyzen
2 JAC
3 dont care - Alamoti in time
4 dont care
5 Cotric
6. Burton
7. Dont care
8. Haas
9. Clarke or Smith
10. Rudolf or Finucane
11. Dont care - Elliot?
12. Dont care - Jackson?
13. Thompson

subs made up from

DWZ, Okunbor, Meaney, Allan, Topine, Doorey, Atoni, Hetherington and some juniors

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

The idea behind Hoppa at fullback is that if he must play at least he's out of the way in defence. One thing people aren't hammering DWZ for is his positional play, watch him when dogs are defending their line, he's MIA alot of the time.... Dallin runs hard and plays better at fullback, but that begs the question why can't he do it on the wing? Kicking stones

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The idea behind Hoppa at fullback is that if he must play at least he's out of the way in defence. One thing people aren't hammering DWZ for is his positional play, watch him when dogs are defending their line, he's MIA alot of the time.... Dallin runs hard and plays better at fullback, but that begs the question why can't he do it on the wing? Kicking stones
How many wingers have beem blamed for Hoppas ineffeciencies the last 3 years?
Cotric was wide open no one in front and hoppa passes the ball inside to a marked player. Or goes to ground with the ball.
We should not be reshuffling the team to fit Hoppa.
As many have said already.
We cant do squat untill round 11we will see what changes happen then
The worse hoppa and a few others in the team look.The easier it is not to renew thier contract.
It will also make the team look so much better next year

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
The only way we get out of this is with some drastic recruitment changes.

we NEED tobe aiming for something like this...

1 Papenhauyzen
2 JAC
3 dont care - Alamoti in time
4 dont care
5 Cotric
6. Burton
7. Dont care
8. Haas
9. Clarke or Smith
10. Rudolf or Finucane
11. Dont care - Elliot?
12. Dont care - Jackson?
13. Thompson

subs made up from

DWZ, Okunbor, Meaney, Allan, Topine, Doorey, Atoni, Hetherington and some juniors
homes!!

1 Papenhauyzen
2 JAC
3 schoupp
4 Hardaker
5 Cotric
6. Burton
7. Widdop/ Townsend/ Reynolds
8. Haas
9. Clarke l
10. Thompson
11. Matterson
12. Jackson
13. Elliott

Mattreneeandgus

Kennel Established
Reaction score

When are Meaney and Oku back?
1. Meaney
2 Okunbor
3 Allen
4 Cotric, we need to make his centre experiment work
5 Dwz
I think that’s the best we can do
Hoppa possibly second row, or just out

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hoppa is an absolute disgrace. He should be kicking stones on the wing so it doesn’t matter if he doesn’t pass. Cotric and Hoppa should swap on the right side