So the Games moved on from the Bigger Bodied Players has It ??

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where’s all the lovers of the lighter more mobile style pack now ..

Every week it’s a different player is S*** .. this week it’s Mahoney should be playing Cup .. last week it was Burtons crap, the list is long.

Now the coach is crap, even blind Freddy can see he doesn’t have the right cattle to play with ..

For the huge amount of experts and arm chair coaches we have on here, I’m surprised the majority are blaming players and not harping on about our biggest glaring problem ..

Did anyone actually watch the game today ?? …… we were ran over the top of by bigger tougher more powerful players .. we had 4 players trying to stop their big blokes and they were still breaking us, getting across the line and getting the ball down to score ..

The likes of Talaki, Ramien, Katoa, Mulitalo,

Throw in Hamilton-Uelu, Finucane, McInnes, Hazelton, Kaufusi, Williams .. to big to powerful to strong for us all over the park ..

Rewind to last week .. same thing the Eels dished up to us, week before, Roosters, same story every time we lose ..

If this club and those in charge has it’s focus on us running with a lighter more mobile Panthers style pack, and that’s been our focus for the last few years and CC has the same idea going forward … think again because it’s a FAIL … that is not what our culture is built on ..

What the Sharks and the other big packs have dished up to us over the last few years is our mantle, that’s what our club is built on …

Until those in charge focus on bigger bodies with killer mongrel all over the park, get used to losing by big margins ..

Those that believe the game has gone past the bigger bodied players … marvel at the results …

PS, someone stand up to TPJ and tell him he’s not a ball player, so stop passing the ball at the line …. get back, come onto the ball with a full head of steam hard as possible and make metres, ONE JOB !!!

Last edited:

George Ibrahim

Waterboy
Reaction score
Well said, exactly what we are all thinking

QUOTE="1967, post: 4732972, member: 26954"]

Every week it’s a different player is S*** .. this week it’s Mahoney should be playing Cup .. last week it was Burtons crap, the list is long.

Now the coach is crap, even blind Freddy can see he doesn’t have the right cattle to play with ..

For the huge amount of experts and arm chair coaches we have on here, I’m surprised the majority are blaming players and not harping on about our massively glaring problem ..

Did anyone actually watch the game today ?? …… we were ran over the top of by bigger tougher more powerful players .. we had 4 players trying to stop their big blokes and they were still breaking us, getting across the line and getting the ball down to score ..

Throw in Hamilton-Uelu, Finucane, McInnes, Hazelton, Kaufusi, Williams .. to big to powerful to strong for us all over the park ..

Rewind to last week .. same thing the Eels dished up to us, week before, Roosters, same story every time we lose ..

If this club and those in charge has it’s focus on us running with a lighter more mobile Panthers style pack, and that’s been our focus for the last few yearsmand CC has the same idea going forward … think again because it’s a FAIL … that is not what our culture is built on ..

What the Sharks and the other big packs have dished up to us to us over the last few years is our mantle, that’s what our club is built on …

Until those in charge focus on bigger bodies with killer mongrel all over the park, get used to losing by big margins ..

Those that believe the games has gone past the bigger bodied players … marvel at the results …

PS, someone stand up to TPJ and tell him he’s not a ball player, so stop passing the ball at the line …. get back, come onto the ball with a full head of steam hard as possible and make metres, ONE JOB !!!
[/QUOTE]

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Got to play the last 18 mins was taken off with 1 min to go. I think the score was 48-4 when he came on and 48-10 when he went off.
Does his job mate he’s a keeper … they just need to start building up his fitness minutes and work on his D..
Not bad. At least he's getting more minutes. I agree. Keep him. We need muscle upfront. I didn't watch the game (nor did my dad) that's why I am asking.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not bad. At least he's getting more minutes. I agree. Keep him. We need muscle upfront. I didn't watch the game (nor did my dad) that's why I am asking.
You’d have been screaming at the ref again .. especially the try scored from a metre forward pass ..

But ref’s we’re definitely not our biggest worry today ..

Last edited:

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You’d have been screaming at the ref again .. especially the try score from a metre forward pass ..

But ref’s we’re definitely not our biggest worry today ..
I would have screamed at everyone. [emoji23][emoji23] These players and refs just do my head in. [emoji23][emoji23]

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m sticking to my usual theory. Same characters just keep fucking up.

perham
okunbor
Tpj (better this week)

clean em out and add some starch to the middles. Okunbor can’t make a tackle or put a hit on for anything. Perham’s mistakes at the back compound our already brittle defense.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m sticking to my usual theory. Same characters just keep fucking up.

perham
okunbor
Tpj (better this week)

clean em out and add some starch to the middles. Okunbor can’t make a tackle or put a hit on for anything. Perham’s mistakes at the back compound our already brittle defense.
They certainly don’t help mate, hopefully getting close to seeing the last of them and replacing them with some bigger more powerful blokes that know how to both attack and defend ..

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I know it’s an unpopular opinion on here. But Tanner is our next best prop. Should never have selected Edwards. The guy has no go forward and is suspect in defence. Fair enough tanner isn’t a world beater. But better than some others that have run out this year (he did have 1 shocker when he had the dropsies but it happens).

I would be having tanner And Hughes in the team before a lot of the others. But when they are selected it’s for either a 10-15 min appearance or sometimes barley run On. Bigger bodies with bigger motors that can hit the line and keep the legs moving. Tanner is a lesser version of Ryan Tandy (who was good for us before pissing his career and life down the drain). And Hughes is a big body with sone speed. Tpj was the only forward to crack 100m+ today. That is almost unheard of in the modern Game. Meters/min he was nsw best in game one. Yes he has a silly pass in him. And he gives away silly penalties. But last month he is the only player we have got that can stick the ball under his arm and bend the line.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are you talking about? People have been complaining about our middle since preseason
Really that’s your comment ??? …..

Where in the thread did anyone just isolate weakness in the middle .. do you not understand what size power and strength all over the park means ..

Have a bourbon and put yourself to bed ..

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
That’s why I’m hoping we get a sele or a bigger bodied prop. King looks busted as he would be it was all him by himself for the first half of the season
Tpj is on and off
Waddell edwards and sutton all in effective up front
Pele can bend the line but gets 10 minutes a game.
Morrin tries hard hopefully improves in time.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sick and tired of hearing what the club is built on because no new generation of players putting on the Bulldogs jersey can and never will replicate any of it. Back in the 80's, 90's and early 2000's they played for each other and who they were representing. Today's players don't have a clue what the DNA is or what the club is built on or what it took to get there.

The Dogs of War was a legacy built by legends and to put that in the same sentence as the current players and of the past 7 odd years (with the exception of a few) is disrespectful to the true legends of this club. So let's not expect that to be the mantra of this crop of players because that is too high a mountain for them to climb because simply, and I'll say it again they don't have a clue what the DNA is or what the Dogs Of War means.

I'd like to see the current and future players build their own legacy and not ride off the back of legends that actually built the club to it's great heights. What the future holds and what standard can be set I have no idea based on where this club has gone over the past seven odd years.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

For the huge amount of experts and arm chair coaches we have on here, I’m surprised the majority are blaming players and not harping on about our biggest glaring problem ..

If this club and those in charge has it’s focus on us running with a lighter more mobile Panthers style pack, and that’s been our focus for the last few years and CC has the same idea going forward … think again because it’s a FAIL … that is not what our culture is built on ..

What the Sharks and the other big packs have dished up to us over the last few years is our mantle, that’s what our club is built on …

Those that believe the game has gone past the bigger bodied players … marvel at the results …

That's right mate.. and why averillo going to dolphins isn't worth losing any sleep over.