Slater in Police Custody in England

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Also how would you know he brought it onto him self to get hit? I've never seen him display that type of behaviour in Australia, so why would he change when he is representing Australia in a sporting event?

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't like Slater due to his on field behaviour, but god damn anyone saying he was at fault here is an absolute ****ing dipship.

Seriously give yourself an uppercut Özil you reject.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
the worst thing about this is the media headline, 'Silly Billy". I hate slater but to make out he'd done something stupid and then fill it out with the facts of him doing nothing wrong is just plain deceitful and immature.

Alphamale

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Have you seen the full footage yet?

The other guy is out of line and gives him an open handed push to the face, but Slater comes back with a massive over reaction right cross that would make Marvin Haggler blush and drops the guy.

Both guys are at fault but as a professional athlete, representative of the game and country and (unfortunate) role model to kids Slater's punch was a massive over reaction and justifiable as assault in itself. The other guy acted first but it was fairly tame, with no obvious threat of a follow up and as such from the footage I've seen hardly justifies the punch as self defence.

Slater is a protected species, internationally apparently, and it's pretty bad how many local media outlets have released footage of the lush but not the punch in return from Slater.

If this was a Bulldogs player he'd already be sent home, fined suspended etc etc.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
yeah the other dude struck first, but it was little more than a slap. And see the sob message Slaters Mrs put up about it saying if he was king hit he could have been killed and i'd be raising the kids by myself blah blah blah.. over reaction and a half...

DOGGIESSTYLE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you seen the full footage yet?

The other guy is out of line and gives him an open handed push to the face, but Slater comes back with a massive over reaction right cross that would make Marvin Haggler blush and drops the guy.

Both guys are at fault but as a professional athlete, representative of the game and country and (unfortunate) role model to kids Slater's punch was a massive over reaction and justifiable as assault in itself. The other guy acted first but it was fairly tame, with no obvious threat of a follow up and as such from the footage I've seen hardly justifies the punch as self defence.

Slater is a protected species, internationally apparently, and it's pretty bad how many local media outlets have released footage of the lush but not the punch in return from Slater.

If this was a Bulldogs player he'd already be sent home, fined suspended etc etc.
I agree slater could have handled that situation a little bit better, but we also have to take into account that he was prob lil drunk, and i think most people would react aggressively to that push to the face.

People need to learn to not judge someone because of there onfield tactics into the real the world.
criticize their game fair enouth,but some of the idiots saying he deserved it are just pathetic.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't like Slater due to his on field behaviour, but god damn anyone saying he was at fault here is an absolute ****ing dipship.

Seriously give yourself an uppercut Özil you reject.
You can't pass judgement on a drunks night out when you or me didn't really see it, even if dumbo did push in the Pom didn't have to swing a punch, but he might get a few beers in NSW if he comes out for a visit.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Just saw the footage and it's definitely an over reaction by Slater but there are some people who do this... Glad a ban has been placed on going out now.

Alphamale

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I agree slater could have handled that situation a little bit better, but we also have to take into account that he was prob lil drunk, and i think most people would react aggressively to that push to the face.

People need to learn to not judge someone because of there onfield tactics into the real the world.
criticize their game fair enouth,but some of the idiots saying he deserved it are just pathetic.
In my book being drunk is no excuse for anything in life, you get yourself drunk you accept the consequences if you can control yourself.

As for your 'any normal person' suggestion, when you chose to be a professional sports person and represent your country you no longer are or should be held to normal standards. If you accept the perks you accept the responsibility.

Finally I agree with you that many players on field persona can't always be used to judge them off field, and in this case I was with most of the early posters in this thread in that the way it was reported by the media (and apparently by slater to his wife) sounded like he was the victim of a punch when innocently retrieving a jacket. As soon as you see the footage it's very clear the other guy stepped mildly out of line, and Slater assaulted him. I'm judging him on the video evidence, which in this case happens to reinforce my general opinion of him on field too.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
What a crock of shit! All media outlets saying Billy got king hit!! It wasn't even a slap, merely a push. He's a fukn grub and should've been sent packing.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
I feel less hopeful for mankind when people put their hate for a sportsman on the field before their basic human emotions/reactions and reason when the sportsman is off it.

It's a game, people. It would help you in life immensely to put things into perspective from time to time.

He brought it on himself? Yeah, good one. CCTV footage proved otherwise and he was released uncharged after investigation by police and witness testimonials. But no, a bloke sitting behind a computer on the other side of the world has more evidence and knows better. Sense, no make.

_BT_

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was quiet surprised when I saw the video. Media making out like it was massive self defense. Really, that guy didn't attack him, Slater was in his business lol. As per usual, Slater gets off the hook.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
After seeing the video footage I absolutely change my opinion. Billy is a knob and totally overreacted.

I don't buy into the whole "Billy didn't know what was coming next and he only had a nano second to react" crap. He is lucky he didn't get his absolute ass handed to him after reacting like that.

I can't believe his wife was in the media saying he could have died, wtf? Died from a push? Ok...

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
I feel less hopeful for mankind when people put their hate for a sportsman on the field before their basic human emotions/reactions and reason when the sportsman is off it.

It's a game, people. It would help you in life immensely to put things into perspective from time to time.

He brought it on himself? Yeah, good one. CCTV footage proved otherwise and he was released uncharged after investigation by police and witness testimonials. But no, a bloke sitting behind a computer on the other side of the world has more evidence and knows better. Sense, no make.
Good one Ghandi.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Slater had no choice but to punch him..what was he supposed to do..slap him back. That ****wit deserved it. Who goes around throwing open palm bitchslaps

Dex

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

A lot of those people sitting behind a computer on the other side of the world that know more are on this forum...

Dex

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How exactly did he bring it onto himself mate?

He was in the club.
He left.
Came back to get his jacket.
Got assaulted while he was talking to the bouncer.
He fought back.

I think we all would have done the same under the circumstances.
There is no point discussing anything with a person who and i quote "Stupid bitch, as if one punch is going to kill a man." says something as stupid and senseless as that..and then tries to justify it some how...

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
i've changed my mind on this after watching the footage and Slaters mrs must feel pretty stupid. An open palm is no reason to throw that right. It wouldn't have hurt and their was security everywhere anyway. All he did was have a hurt ego and potentially turn a nothing situation into an all in brawl where he could have been knocked in the way his wife was talking about. It's not like he's your average joe - he should have had more restraint.**** you Slater

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
Slater had no choice but to punch him..what was he supposed to do..slap him back. That ****wit deserved it. Who goes around throwing open palm bitchslaps
he obviously had a choice. Do you think it hurt him ?

Status
Not open for further replies.