Slater in Police Custody in England

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Once a grub always a grub. Would of been nice if it was the other way round, I was expecting slater to get knocked down but was only a scratch

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Like others have said, the push/slap on Salters face would not have hurt him. He is a professional athlete playing a contact sport. I think he could have handled it better then steadying himself then throwing a haymaker on the other party. What his wife said is true. Someone could have died from a king hit, but it would have been slater who would have dealt the killer blow.

Not condoning what the pom did. But he pushed him in the face (probably saying something like go to the back of the line/stop cutting in) then he turned away (after slater had patted him on the back) so it was like slater had belittled him. Slater wound up (at this stage the pom was looking away/talking to the security officer) and takes a swing like he was in a title fight and floored him. The guy would have landed on his a$$ if he wasn't caught.

I doubt that can be considered self defence as slater was not in danger of any more assault at that stage (the guy had turned away), and the force he had used was is no way reasonable, proportionate or necessary for the situation. Neither party is in the right.

What does irk me though is Slater playing the victim, as well as his wife painting a picture of "OMG my husband was almost killed". They probably never expected the footage to come to light. Makes slater look like a bit of a c0CK now the way he reacted.

Again not taking either sides. They were both wank3rs in the end of the day. Slater will get away with it because he will say he was provoked. He is turning into a bit of a thug on the field..... wonder if he is like that off the field as well after this recent event.... (this was the guy that elbowed Pearce in Origin amongst several other incidents in 2013)

TJW

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
you hit (not a punch but still a hit) a professional league player in the face you have to expect something come back at you, and pretty hard too! the pom got what he deserved! there are a lot of other wankers in pubs around the world that need the same treatment.

KakkaDog

Banned
Reaction score
lol at saying he shouldn't have hit back. Are you lot soft? You think you'd stand there stoically if someone struck you, regardless of whether it was extremely hard or not. Take your anti-slater glasses off and use your head.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
lol at saying he shouldn't have hit back. Are you lot soft? You think you'd stand there stoically if someone struck you, regardless of whether it was extremely hard or not. Take your anti-slater glasses off and use your head.
i think it's pretty common knowledge that RL players have to abide by a different set of rules these days. It's not like they can act like you and me. What if it sparked a brawl and he actually did get punched , turned to spaz and lost his career. Or put somenoe in Hospital and marred the World Cup because of his ego? use your head

N

Natboy

I defended Slater before but I was just thinking, how many times has he been pushed in the face on the field and has he thrown a punch then? No

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Really.. that's the only option in that instance... to hit back?? That's simpleton brickhead thinking...

_BT_

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For some people it is the only option, because 1. they do not have the intelligence to deal with the situation better. 2. they have little man syndrome.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Like others have said, the push/slap on Salters face would not have hurt him. He is a professional athlete playing a contact sport. I think he could have handled it better then steadying himself then throwing a haymaker on the other party. What his wife said is true. Someone could have died from a king hit, but it would have been slater who would have dealt the killer blow.

Not condoning what the pom did. But he pushed him in the face (probably saying something like go to the back of the line/stop cutting in) then he turned away (after slater had patted him on the back) so it was like slater had belittled him. Slater wound up (at this stage the pom was looking away/talking to the security officer) and takes a swing like he was in a title fight and floored him. The guy would have landed on his a$$ if he wasn't caught.

I doubt that can be considered self defence as slater was not in danger of any more assault at that stage (the guy had turned away), and the force he had used was is no way reasonable, proportionate or necessary for the situation. Neither party is in the right.

What does irk me though is Slater playing the victim, as well as his wife painting a picture of "OMG my husband was almost killed". They probably never expected the footage to come to light. Makes slater look like a bit of a c0CK now the way he reacted.

Again not taking either sides. They were both wank3rs in the end of the day. Slater will get away with it because he will say he was provoked. He is turning into a bit of a thug on the field..... wonder if he is like that off the field as well after this recent event.... (this was the guy that elbowed Pearce in Origin amongst several other incidents in 2013)
Nope, punch someone in da head who is bigger expect punnishment.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Upon watching the video, you can tell the dude was being a little ***** about it.. and slater was trying to calm the situation down.

He was all acting hard till he copped one in the chin, he was like shocked and slightly dazed.

Almobro

Gunner
Reaction score
As if some people expect a person to just stand there and be slapped.

Ndawai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As if some people expect a person to just stand there and be slapped.
I would rather get punched in the face then slapped in the face. Slaps hurt like a M#therf#cker!!

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
I'd love to see a ball flick captured on CCTV one day.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Now Rebecca Wilson has written an article about Silly Billy using Thomas Kellys death to point out the possibilities and dangers of king hits.

Lucky he didn't end up like Craig Field, its a hard one, mens pub society glorifies pub fights and if you knock out a smartass many will love you but if the guy dies by accident you are a hated murderer.
It's a fine line and if get into a blue you run the risk of things turning sour, it will always be a difficult subject, Rebecca should butt out of this one.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Slater overreacted, but in the heat of the moment it's understandable. Sometimes you just react before thinking and I'm sure if Slater had his time again he would have done the old Craig David and walked away. He is no victim though and probably fed a load of shit to his mrs which resulted in her tweeting those lines before the cctv footage came out.

[video=youtube;aWuzjLBJruM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWuzjLBJruM[/video]

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
So the older bloke thinks Slater has jumped the queue - That's fair enough.
Older bloke is trying to talk to the bouncer it seems - Fair enough.
Billy appears to belittle him with the old "mate calm down hand on shoulder trick" - Guy pushes him away "Keep your hands off me" style. - Fair enough
Billy king hits him - not fair enough.

and his Mrs talks about king hits... what about Billys king hit/sucker punch?

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
snap goes the knee, bad karma?

Ndawai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Billy appears to belittle him with the old "mate calm down hand on shoulder trick" - Guy pushes him away "Keep your hands off me" style. - Fair enough

Yeah theres more to it than whats on that footage, They mustve ran into each other in the club or a passing comment made - a 40 year old reacting that way doesnt seem possible.

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

That was before the footage was released. I wouldn't remotely be surprised if what Billy told her happened wasn't quite the same as was in the footage ...

Status
Not open for further replies.