Six Dr Seuss books won't be published for racist images

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
This is the hilarious part of the outrage here. The books that are being "cancelled" no one has heard of.
It's a brilliant PR move.....nobody was buying the damn books anyway....now the anti PC brigade will come out in force to buy copies of The Cat in the Hat and Green Eggs and Ham while they still have a chance. In many cases, I'm sure the kids will have to read the books to their parents.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Is it called cancel culture when the majority of Australians have consistently supported euthanasia in polls, but the politicians wont legislate it because of the influence of the Church and Christians?

And the legalizing of pot and other issues.

Or is that different?

Where does that fit in the free society/free speech debate and cancel culture where the loud minority are telling others
Just on the topic of Euthanasia, here is an article which suggests the majority of Christians are actually all for it.

Re: legalising Pot, the electorate is fairly divided. Our closest ally, New Zealand recently voted against it (only just). It would appear that most are at least in support of decriminalizing, which would be a good start.

1614821614135.png

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
My point is "cancel culture" the new trendy 2 word slogan is yet another furphy espoused by the right.

When it suits them to interfere with the public's rights of self determination, and impose their religious beliefs and biblical values, that's fine. A book company recognises the books are no longer relevant ....OMG whst next will they take off us! :grinning:

Why bother about some books that have outdated ethnicly bemeaning illustrations being withdrawn from sale?

Enraged over reactions in the same manner as lefties :grinning:

Common sense, contemporary non-offensive 2021 values, sights and sounds being given to our children, is better for theme in the long run than non-sensical Dr Seuss :grinning:

Last edited:

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Great post and you can’t change history, only learn from it
See I have a problem with this thinking. Why is that everyone that tells me my opinion or view is wrong, racist, misogynistic, culturally insensitive or out of touch, is usually way younger than me? I thought age bought wisdom?

Funny thing is my female, ethnic or gay friends appreciate my opinion and ask for it regularly. I can understand anyone who is intentionally discriminated against or worse still verbally or physically abused/attacked should be held to account, no exceptions. And some things like Gollywog biscuits understandably should have a name change, but COON cheese? The bloody company was founded by a bloke named Coon..

An old wise Italian mate of mine who has sadly passed on said to me racism comes from the heart and not from the head. He loved a joke and enjoyed calling me Skip or Dingo or convict, and he was my little dago mate. Political correctness has become ridiculous.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
See I have a problem with this thinking. Why is that everyone that tells me my opinion or view is wrong, racist, misogynistic, culturally insensitive or out of touch, is usually way younger than me? I thought age bought wisdom?

Funny thing is my female, ethnic or gay friends appreciate my opinion and ask for it regularly. I can understand anyone who is intentionally discriminated against or worse still verbally or physically abused/attacked should be held to account, no exceptions. And some things like Gollywog biscuits understandably should have a name change, but COON cheese? The bloody company was founded by a bloke named Coon..

An old wise Italian mate of mine who has sadly passed on said to me racism comes from the heart and not from the head. He loved a joke and enjoyed calling me Skip or Dingo or convict, and he was my little dago mate. Political correctness has become ridiculous.
I agree with you 100% mate but am not sure what part you disagree with me on

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's a brilliant PR move.....nobody was buying the damn books anyway....now the anti PC brigade will come out in force to buy copies of The Cat in the Hat and Green Eggs and Ham while they still have a chance. In many cases, I'm sure the kids will have to read the books to their parents.
I was listening to a comedian a while back who wrote a book that was pretty offensive to the Catholic Church. He said, "The Catholic Church demanded that people burn my book. My went up 100 times"

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I'll happily read this Dr Suess book until the day I die.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

ABOUT PLEASE TRY TO REMEMBER THE FIRST OF OCTEMBER!
Dr. Seuss imagines a day when all your wishes come true in this classic Beginner Book. Octember the First is the day on which all your most outlandish wishes come true. If March is too dusty and April too gusty, if May is too early and June is too soon, just try to remember the first of Octember, when whatever you are hoping to get will be yours! From a balloon pool in the sky to a pickle tree in your backyard, Please Try to Remember the First of Octember! is a wildly silly story that will have readers laughing—and wishing—out loud.

Originally created by Dr. Seuss, Beginner Books encourage children to read all by themselves, with simple words and illustrations that give clues to their meaning.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Is it pronounced Zeus?

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'll happily read this Dr Suess book until the day I die.

Um I got two problems with this W.. Firstly the titled of the book..on first glance I thought it said Please Try to Remember My Enormous Member. Secondly, it is Illustrated by Art CUMMIMGS .. What the hell?If we say that phonically it sounds like Arse Cummings.. Indeed look at where the dog is, look at the kids hand, about to grab the dogs head and likely place it where the sun don’t shine..OUTRAGE!!

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree with you 100% mate but am not sure what part you disagree with me on
Hi mate, just poorly worded by me.. I was commenting on your reference of learning from history which I agree with and that its something that you should gain with age and experience. I am just fucking over the PC and Fun police...

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Amazon changed some shit because it apparently looked like hitler, now how the fuck you get hitler out of a fucking Amazon logo is a joke ,from the article I gathered it was raised by people on twitter who look to be outraged.
Yet again times are a changing and most definitely on things we need to move with it ,but fuck me why are ***** bowing down to a minority over absolute bullshit .