Should we be worried about Barrett?

Ribo Flavin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Knowing there will be a large cleanout wont be helping the situation.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Yeah worried about Baz’s blood pressure!! lmao

Brendan07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yip also missed tackles, set restarts and dumb kicks on first tackle that go out on the full
He is the one that continually picks the players though. There may not be alternatives but picking blokes like Katoa, Flanno, etc is a huge reason we are in this position

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
6,7,9 are our problem end of story. No vision worst kicking game ive ever seen, i see better at my local park. I don’t nt expect any improvement until 6, 7, 9 change.
Well 6 will change next year. 7 and 9 agree. What about no. 1?

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think we should wait until 2022 before we start putting a noose around TB neck. Dessler and Pay had years to prove themselves and it is Only fair TB gets time to put his team together. It is not his fault he has inherited This mess of a team and all the injury’s certainly doesn’t help him either.

Mack

Waterboy
Reaction score
Hetherington waddell and Flanagan are all tbaz signings. They haven’t exactly set the world on fire.
Hetherington is a young front rower who has plenty of potential. I dont think its a bad signing at all. Waddell was bought as a cheap back up who trent believes has potential as well. The plan was for RFM to be playing in his spot, was never bought to be in the starting side. And Flanagan is a young half back who may or may not work out. At worse hes a good backup half and its not like we re paying him a million like the bloke he replaces. So at this stage im not sure we can really say any of them are bad signings.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we should wait until 2022 before we start putting a noose around TB neck. Dessler and Pay had years to prove themselves and it is Only fair TB gets time to put his team together. It is not his fault he has inherited This mess of a team and all the injury’s certainly doesn’t help him either.
I think TB has a lot of potential as coach, and certainly deserves another year or 2. the new rules has hurt our club more than any other, the new rules have made some players obsolete, it will be interesting to see how the playing group adopt to the new rules later in the season, with hopefully the return of some of our injured ones its been said that (7 of the injured or suspended would be starting players), plus a few of the development players.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the 2 biggest smashing this week didnt have heaps of ruck infringements. Storm vs Souths had 5 and Panthers vs Sharks had 3. The game is faster because the wrestle is being rubbed out of the game. A few years ago everyone was begging for the nrl to do something about the wrestle. this is it. Teams were always going to take a few seasons to adjust and the shit teams will take even longer.
You make a good point but in saying that use the sin bin more often if teams want to wrestle too much and penalise them instead of constant 6 again after 6 again which half the time we don't even know what it's for. It's not making the game better at all

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the 2 biggest smashing this week didnt have heaps of ruck infringements. Storm vs Souths had 5 and Panthers vs Sharks had 3. The game is faster because the wrestle is being rubbed out of the game. A few years ago everyone was begging for the nrl to do something about the wrestle. this is it. Teams were always going to take a few seasons to adjust and the shit teams will take even longer.
That's just like the Gummin saying " to decrease travel time between two towns on a road that is a know heavily use truck route, instead of building overtaking lanes for the safety and efficiency of road users, we'll just up the speed limit so the cars can travel faster. Accidents will probably increase but we'll reduce travel time." Just like the V'RLol, the intention was in the right direction but the execution was way off the mark.

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's just like the Gummin saying " to decrease travel time between two towns on a road that is a know heavily use truck route, instead of building overtaking lanes for the safety and efficiency of road users, we'll just up the speed limit so the cars can travel faster. Accidents will probably increase but we'll reduce travel time." Just like the V'RLol, the intention was in the right direction but the execution was way off the mark.
I mean, when teams figure it out, we will have a much better product. just my opinion. see where youre coming from.

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You make a good point but in saying that use the sin bin more often if teams want to wrestle too much and penalise them instead of constant 6 again after 6 again which half the time we don't even know what it's for. It's not making the game better at all
Yea thats one solution but constant sin bins vs the constant 6 again is probably worst and puts more pressure on team. Worst teams would be playing 12 more often than the good team. And there would be more stoppages, which is the opposite affect they were after.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Huh??? We played two grand finals in the first three years under Hasler. Did I miss something?

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know the NRLol want the wrestle and the slowing down of the play eliminated, I get that, but at the opposite end of the spectrum where does player safety lie in regards to the speed of the game. It appears the game is too quick for some, thus poor tackling techniques causing injuries, sidesteps and changing direction and momentum cause leg , knee, foot and ankle injuries, just to name some.

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plus when a player moves off the mark in the PTB or incorrectly plays it that's instant penalty, not "go back and play it properly", that's fvcking U7's or 8's mentality. Same as getting rid of scrums and just handing the ball over. This is First Grade Rugby League not fvcking Mod Ball.