Should we be worried about Barrett?

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yesterday Barrett hooked Flanno, showing he is absolutely aware of what is going wrong there. If RFM and Jackson were fit Waddell would be on the bench, at best. We currently have 9 players out. Barrett is attempting this rebuild the same year that diabolical rule changes have resulted in only 2 or 3 teams realistically being able to win the comp. It is a rubbish season to be a poor team with a new coach.

Give him time, he has proven that he can attract decent talent, and that he is willing to learn. Considering how low things have gotten it is hard to ask for more than that right now.

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm worried that the excuse of not having the right cattle might mask his incompetence as a coach.

I've never seen a bulldogs team play like they have no idea what the game plan is. Even the 08 team looked much better..... There comes a time when Barrett needs to cop some of the blame for the performances the team is dishing out.

He either needs to motivate them or build a game plan around their skills.
Incorrect. That's exactly how they have been playing the last 4 years. Look like no plan. Barrett has a pass for the whole year for me. Will need to show something immediately next year with the new recruits coming.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Incorrect. That's exactly how they have been playing the last 4 years. Look like no plan. Barrett has a pass for the whole year for me. Will need to show something immediately next year with the new recruits coming.
Yep agreed. A lot of our problems are basic errors. It’s not Barrett’s fault that we drop the ball coming out of trouble at least 3 times a game. Not to mention blokes line Waddell dropping the ball 10 metres out when we are in prime position.

The thing I like about Baz is that he doesn’t offer the bullshit excuse that we tried hard. He says we played poor and you need more than effort to win NRL games.

Look at Madge at the tigers. He is a premiership winning coach but they are playing like busted arses. That’s not his fault.

We have a shit roster combined with a lot of injuries. That’s not a good combination.

If we are in a similar position this time next year then of course he is under pressure. But it’s stupid to think he will be moved on before then

Real_Bulldog

Waterboy
Reaction score
This is bullshit, we can't even put up a fight against a depleted dragons side, how we won against cronulla is beyond me, all you people that banged on about pissing Dean Pay off are to blaim for this mess, so what we have good players signed, good players can't do shit without the right players with them and the right coach, i fear for JAC will be wasted here and won't be the player he was at the storm, he should seriously stay with the storm, poor old Dean Pay had no chance to spend a dime, he also had us attacking better, defending, and winning more games, now we are stuck with this schmuck Trent Barrett who might I add has failed elsewhere as a head coach, and the guy couldn't coach a shit out of his ass, every week we are forced to suffer this mess due to previous administration, poor caching choices, at least if Dean Pay were still here we might be in a better spot, I am not a Dean Pay supporter just aware of the current situation and why we are here, from what we were as a club to this mess is very very upsetting and hard to take most weeks, as you know they are trying but can't pull it off as most are not main time NRL players, and the coach is a junior to perhaps one we should not of pursued as head coach, perhaps our heads should have been ok lets stick with Dean Pay till we find a real coach on the dam market
come on man... Dean Pay is gone, its over for him now,

We don't get Burton, JAC or any other potential recruit without Barrett.

I understand your frustrations but was is your solutions.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

His solution is to cry about Pay.
And be happy to finish in bottom 4 every year

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
..I think David Furner should go. He was a great player but I’ve never rated him as a coach. Our D is shit! along with everything else but he can go.

This is clearly not a happy footy side...there’s something going on, the players look unhappy and some like they don’t give a shit....it’s a cop out
I picked up the same vibe they were disinterested in wanting to play for each other. There is something not right happening. It'd be interesting to find out the truth.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about our mental health,
I am worried about Barrett's mental health. Watching this mob go around every week knowing his career depends on their performance must be giving him night terrors...

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The new board, new ceo and new coaching staff, are looking forward we all need to look at the commercial reality. Club needs to be dragged into the future, the addition of some young recruits is few steps toward an overhaul but realities of the vision are nowhere near fully realised. The game has changed and top tier clubs getting floggings, we loosing but turning up with what we’ve got....loved Dean Pay but lets roll..

Reactions: ATT

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I honestly believe in the off season his focus was all attack and forgot about the defensive side which we were not too bad at that last year. His all out attack plan failed to work with the lack of talent in the backline and now they have got into the habit of shit defence which is so hard to get out of as any try you concede there heads go straight down as we have seen all year. All the points we concede come in bunches and in quick time. He needs to get back to the defensive side of things asa fucken p and the attack will follow

pijk

Waterboy
Reaction score

lol i was just saying perhaps we should have let him spend and look for a real coach, as for JAC an burton, i feel sorry for them coming to this trainwreck, also they wont get the same service like the stprm or the panthers atm, and maybe think about their careers, never seen us this bad in my life time

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I honestly believe in the off season his focus was all attack and forgot about the defensive side which we were not too bad at that last year. His all out attack plan failed to work with the lack of talent in the backline and now they have got into the habit of shit defence which is so hard to get out of as any try you concede there heads go straight down as we have seen all year. All the points we concede come in bunches and in quick time. He needs to get back to the defensive side of things asa fucken p and the attack will follow
Also the injuries and the 6 again rule dose not help .
Wonder how we would of gone last year with the 6 again rule with pay as coach.

Bullpit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Media now starting to question Baz’s abilities.... Danny Weezeler on Channel 9 saying that fingers have not been pointed at Baz yet but suggesting honeymoon is over, etc etc. I have a feeling this negative unconstructive media pressure will continue on us, sparked by the Flanagan incident. I think Baz does have quite a few questions to answer and I have concerns about him. But a constant media negative frenzy fuelled purely by getting ratings is the last thing we as a club and our players (and us fans) need right now.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also the injuries and the 6 again rule dose not help .
Wonder how we would of gone last year with the 6 again rule with pay as coach.
At full strength we are still.a bottom 4 side so having 6 or so players out has made it impossible for us and don't get me started on that 6 again shit!

Its the biggest killer of the nrl right now, it has made a huge gap between top 5 teams and rest of comp not to mention there is barely no upsets at all....few years back the competition points between 1st and 8th was only 4 points now it's huge. They had no need to bring this dum rule in, they should drop there pride and just get rid of it it's killing the game right now

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: I’m worried 3 years of this will ruin his looks

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At full strength we are still.a bottom 4 side so having 6 or so players out has made it impossible for us and don't get me started on that 6 again shit!

Its the biggest killer of the nrl right now, it has made a huge gap between top 5 teams and rest of comp not to mention there is barely no upsets at all....few years back the competition points between 1st and 8th was only 4 points now it's huge. They had no need to bring this dum rule in, they should drop there pride and just get rid of it it's killing the game right now
the 2 biggest smashing this week didnt have heaps of ruck infringements. Storm vs Souths had 5 and Panthers vs Sharks had 3. The game is faster because the wrestle is being rubbed out of the game. A few years ago everyone was begging for the nrl to do something about the wrestle. this is it. Teams were always going to take a few seasons to adjust and the shit teams will take even longer.