Should we be worried about Barrett?

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm worried that the excuse of not having the right cattle might mask his incompetence as a coach.

I've never seen a bulldogs team play like they have no idea what the game plan is. Even the 08 team looked much better..... There comes a time when Barrett needs to cop some of the blame for the performances the team is dishing out.

He either needs to motivate them or build a game plan around their skills.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm worried that the excuse of not having the right cattle might mask his incompetence as a coach.

I've never seen a bulldogs team play like they have no idea what the game plan is. Even the 08 team looked much better..... There comes a time when Barrett needs to cop some of the blame for the performances the team is dishing out.

What's the alternative though? Sack him, pay him out X amount, deal with recruits wanting to know what the fuck happened, then hope the bloke you bring in does a better job?

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, no improvement whatsoever over the last few weeks.
He’ll survive this year BUT the squad really needs to start firing from the get go early next year otherwise he’ll be putting on his assistant coach hat again..

pijk

Waterboy
Reaction score

This is bullshit, we can't even put up a fight against a depleted dragons side, how we won against cronulla is beyond me, all you people that banged on about pissing Dean Pay off are to blaim for this mess, so what we have good players signed, good players can't do shit without the right players with them and the right coach, i fear for JAC will be wasted here and won't be the player he was at the storm, he should seriously stay with the storm, poor old Dean Pay had no chance to spend a dime, he also had us attacking better, defending, and winning more games, now we are stuck with this schmuck Trent Barrett who might I add has failed elsewhere as a head coach, and the guy couldn't coach a shit out of his ass, every week we are forced to suffer this mess due to previous administration, poor caching choices, at least if Dean Pay were still here we might be in a better spot, I am not a Dean Pay supporter just aware of the current situation and why we are here, from what we were as a club to this mess is very very upsetting and hard to take most weeks, as you know they are trying but can't pull it off as most are not main time NRL players, and the coach is a junior to perhaps one we should not of pursued as head coach, perhaps our heads should have been ok lets stick with Dean Pay till we find a real coach on the dam market

Jebbundy

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It’s not Barret, he’s just not getting anything out of his players, we’ve always said Bellamy wouldn’t win with this side, Trent needs time, these players need to look for other jobs, hardly any of them would make the run on for any first grade team, easy way to look at it no one is chasing our off contract players

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
im honestly getting less and less sure by the week. theres no improvement and flanagan is just horrible. thats on baz.
Even Flanagan cant be completely blamed for his form, hes got nobody around him to help. Hes been made responsible for all the attacking plays, but he isnt an attacking player. Burton will help tremendously because he is. We still dont have the troops. JAC and Burton are going to help a lot, but we are also short a few forwards (really missing RFM as well), and a decent hooker. Dietz shows more spark than others we had at hooker in recent years, but he also is a reserve grade hooker.

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even Flanagan cant be completely blamed for his form, hes got nobody around him to help. Hes been made responsible for all the attacking plays, but he isnt an attacking player. Burton will help tremendously because he is. We still dont have the troops. JAC and Burton are going to help a lot, but we are also short a few forwards (really missing RFM as well), and a decent hooker. Dietz shows more spark than others we had at hooker in recent years, but he also is a reserve grade hooker.
flanagans play and attitude tonight was unacceptable

ps not sure if i was reading into it much but players dont seem to like flano

Bullpit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At what point should the Board of the Club start asking questions, as a matter of proper governance? We gave Des complete control of pretty much everything and he turned out to be a fraud. Are we making the same mistake again? The Board has to acknowledge this possibility and consider potential steps down the track to ensure we don’t make the Des mistake again. Question is - are they? AND how far down the track?