Shaun Johnson consolidated thread

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
That's the thing though, no player would take a one year deal, especially Johnson who is 30 and coming off a serious injury.

He'd want as many years and as much money as possible. So you can't get him on a bargain deal.. If you could, he'd be worth the risk. But he wants one last pay day before retiring or going to the ESL..
probably depends on who's offering a contract, maaaaybe the titans/tigers/raiders? do the knights want another injury prone player in their spine? he won't have a lot of options to demand anything

Mattreneeandgus

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You're an idiot. Jake is 20 years old, he doesn't have to be a superstar right now, he doesn't even have to play every week. But to say we're running or of positions to try him in is idiotic. We're one of the worst club teams in decades with issues that run far deeper than just individual players and you're shitting on a kid trying to transition to firstgrade. Go support another club.
Mate you’re an absolute joke, apart from him and Atoni, u bag everyone else in the team on a weekly basis, you’re a bloody embarrassment

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's the thing though, no player would take a one year deal, especially Johnson who is 30 and coming off a serious injury.

He'd want as many years and as much money as possible. So you can't get him on a bargain deal.. If you could, he'd be worth the risk. But he wants one last pay day before retiring or going to the ESL..
i'm on side 600k is captain fongo material, fukn madness..same as with Dufty wouldn't we need to offload a like player...i worry if this is our "best" potential additional signing for next year...

Also saw someone mention Nikora, i like this guy bit ill disciplined so i could see the KKC ripping him a new one every other week but he is strong and fast bit of a gamebreaker and bigger nurries than most of our blokes.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
probably depends on who's offering a contract, maaaaybe the titans/tigers/raiders? do the knights want another injury prone player in their spine? he won't have a lot of options to demand anything
Yeah I'd say those teams plus us potentially. Canberra or the Tigers seem the most likely.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My issue in signing him is will he compliment Burton's style or will he complicate things. I think Johnson overplays his hand a lot of the time and therefore will take too much away from Burton in being the dominant half. Is this why Barrett may go for Averillo to partner Burton because he will be less likely to overplay his hand.

battered sav

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It could be that Johnson's talent and experience could help Burton relax into being a top line Nrl half. If there isn't anyone to take the pressure off Burton it could be detrimental to his development. I would love to know who Burton would preferr as his halves partner.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He could do a lot worse than signing for us for $4/500k , it would be a lifeline. And work for both parties. !!

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m really up in the air on both SJ and Dufty…

I do see the value in both of them attack wise. I think it gives us what “appears” to be a potential great spine, and I think it’d go a long way to attracting other players (Smith or Hodgson) with a Dufty, Burton, SJ spine in place. Also, Averillo I’m hoping to become a gun, but he isnt exactly shining whilst we see guys like Walker and Walsh killing it…. On top of that, we have no fullback of note. Allan has failed, DWZ is a winger and Hoppa is too slow and leaving.

that said… Dufty IS a liability in defense, that can’t be denied. Also, SJ is injury prone and we’ve just spent ages whining about Foran…

What's clear is we need a 9, a couple of middles and an edge forward.

Let’s not ignore the value in a good spine though. Really, we only have 1 of the 4 positions for next year that is class…

we are in a mess, and we are desperate

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
My 2 cents on this one for what it’s worth, I’d be asking Burton who he would like at 7. I think the kids a superstar and wouldn’t have a problem letting him have a major say in a decision like that.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My 2 cents on this one for what it’s worth, I’d be asking Burton who he would like at 7. I think the kids a superstar and wouldn’t have a problem letting him have a major say in a decision like that.
hopefully Baz already has and Burto said "nah he will get in my way the slow prick" plus your gonna need all the spare cash you have to upgrade me...

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Has Johnson even played in a final in 10 years of 1st grade? He plays for a pay packet not to win a game or to represent our colors. Its a no from me.
What players ‘want to play for our colours’?

is Harry grant on the phone to his manager going ‘nah nah cuzzy don’t worry about this storm or that million dollar bullshit broncos are offering ‘I WANT DAT BULLDOG COLOURS YO’

Or that young Sam burgess developing in Yorkshire, sweating away at the gym.....
Images of Dallin watene and Dylan Napa running through his mind..... pushing himself to the limit by one thought....
....those bulldogs colours

Or that Flegg player in New Zealand who skipped school because he was up late last night watching the 1998 dogs parra semi on replay wearing a dogs jersey,ignoring Gould’s texts for a contract because he says to himself ‘if it ain’t those bulldogs colours I don’t want it.... I feel an attachment to Greenacre and Bass Hill is my spiritual home’.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
All one needs to read to know how much trust there can be in this article.

Seriously, Baz wouldn't have a bar of Benji to teach our halves...why the hell would he contemplate an aging running half who's best skills are curbed by a recent achilles injury?

And Dal...nice agenda driven section there. Price is now up to $880k (really?), and he's just a winger (eventhough he's played FB most of the year).

I really despise this hack.
Maybe he learnt what Nasheed saw a year ago.
You can’t have kids in the halves with no older, guiding hand to touch them and make them men.