Shaun Johnson consolidated thread

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Im pretty certain player managers plant the ideas of players being linked to other clubs in the media, around contract negotiation time, to pump their price up. Nothing more to it. We had no compelling reason to sign him back when this thread was new, and he was crap for 2 years since then too. This year he seems to have lifted, but a lot of that might be being back with the Warriors. His heart might be more in it now.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
SJ is a Warrior through and through.

Some players are just the right fit for the club, he seemed like he wasn't settled in Australia, family reasons mainly.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
If we had him and Foran at the same time it would of been a different era.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He ate Chinese at Canterbury leagues.. so how close was he.. or is that part of the game to get a free feed..

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Johnson's found a comfortable groove where he just uses his experience and basic skill set to get the team around. The individual flair is only occasional now and his mistakes are way down. Benji did a similar thing near the end. It's still questionable whether he'd be doing this well anywhere but Auckland.

J_Cooper

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Anyone else see Montoya go super saiyan yesterday? Couldn’t believe my eyes lmao

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He won’t sustain this, rocks and diamonds we should’ve beat them but apparently obstruction doesn’t exist for the bulldogs.
You’re spot on …

No one has been able to explain to me how this was called a try …

How can they say Mahoney was given a fair shot at getting to Johnson … AFB has deliberately ran at Mahoney to block him defending and at the same time Johnson has used him as a shield to dart through & score, obstruction every time ..

Flanagun wrongfully sin binned against Manly while at 6 all, helped lose us the game.
AFB obstruction, helped lose us the game.
Preston wrongfully sin binned against Souths as we were mounting a come back, helped lose us the game ..

I never see these type of mistaken sin bins or calls go in our favour to help us win games ?

Image1681614455.126011.jpg

Last edited:

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You’re spot on …

No one has been able to explain to me how this was called a try …

How can they say Mahoney was given a fair shot at getting to Johnson … AFB has deliberately ran at Mahoney to block him defending and at the same time Johnson has use him as a shield to dart through & score, obstruction every time ..

Flanagun wrongfully sin binned against Manly while at 6 all, helped lose us the game.
AFB obstruction, helped lose us the game.
Preston wrongfully sin binned against Souths as we were mounting a come back, helped lose us the game ..

I never see these type of mistaken sin bins or calls go in our favour to help us win games ?

View attachment 68524
I guarantee the refs will try something to screw us again. The team has to try and work their way around these shit decisions and as a result, we are more likely to make mistakes because we get penalised for no reason half the time. But don't let facts get in the way for the Karen team bashers on here.

Last edited:

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope he does sustain it because he’s a great player that deserves some success however I don’t think he plays this well if he came to Dogs. I feel like he’s just really happy to be back home and playing for warriors and can see they in the way he’s playing. Good on him