Shaun Johnson consolidated thread

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As I stated in a different post yesterday we should have recruited recruitment manager Peter O'Sullivan instead of the Warriors. They now have 3 players I wish we had

Addin Fonua-Blake (would have solved our middle forward problem)
Shaun Joshnson (would have solved our halfback problem for 2-3 years)
Reece Walsh (would have solved our fullback problem)

and we're paying them this year and next for DWZ
Fonua-Blake misses at least a third of every season with injuries. They can have him. Reece Walsh is a brilliant signing obviously.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Guys WTF?!?!?!?!???????????????!!!!!!!!!!

Some you saying Warriors are now vying for the premiership?????????

I was happy to snag SJ as much as anyone but he was nothing more than a stop gap solution for 2 years while we sorted out our spine and our younger spine players got good experience.

SJ is not going to turn warrirors into a premiership force, LMFAO, relax.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The position we're in now that 3 to 400 probably gets us a 200k player cause of the overs we'd need to pay. Seems like we are fucked atm. The fact we had a crack and missed out makes me think they still think we need to find a player in that position. So whose the alternative?
The worry is whether that money gets spent wisely or not. The two priorites now should be Hodgson and Tapine if both are made available. Both would solve greater issues than Johnson would have.

I'm still confident Burton and Averillo will be fine together next year and Burton will go to another level while Averillo will flourish without so much responsibility.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s really a massive egg on the Clubs face! Who picks warriors over us? Since when? Only time I remember it happening is when our captain price got offered massive overs.

Goes to show how dire this club has become. We are all spewing and I’m probably as furious as everyone. I think baz needs some decent signings soon or he’ll be looking for a new job mid next year

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We signed burton who will be 10x better than all of them put together RELAX
I've been relaxing since 2004. Agree Burton is better then all of them. But he can't do it on his own. His 1 player in our spine we need to spine 3 more. Options are running out.

MOVE.80

M-Power
Reaction score
It’s really a massive egg on the Clubs face! Who picks warriors over us? Since when? Only time I remember it happening is when our captain price got offered massive overs.

Goes to show how dire this club has become. We are all spewing and I’m probably as furious as everyone. I think baz needs some decent signings soon or he’ll be looking for a new job mid next year
It wasn't about the money in this case rather a chance for him to finish off his career back at home, and you can't put a price on that.

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I mean, a bloke who is previously from the club and probably never wanted to leave in the first place....

Reactions: GDR

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

I was happy to snag SJ as much as anyone but he was nothing more than a stop gap solution for 2 years while we sorted out our spine and our younger spine players got good experience.

Exactly. Burton will be a superstar while Averillo is developing better than people give him credit for considering he's been thrown into the deep end. BBO looks like an exciting prospect while in a year or so, Rajab will be ready and he looks like a genuine talent.

Signing Johnson would have been a nice luxury but it won't make or break the team. Signing a hooker and forwards is far more important to the teams success.

Last edited:

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ken maumalo covers dwz. Walsh 300k Johnson 500k they still have some in the bank especially since we are tipping In some for dwz.
Ken Maumalo left for $300k & that's all covered by DWZ? Did we pay $580k? Chad Townsend? What about his money?

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Think we all know he was a stop gap and wasn’t going to give us a premiership either more for the fact we needed a proper halfback to string a few more wins for us or at least be more competitive. We can’t keep going every season with just one or 2 wins it’s detrimental to the club losing supporters and losing money..I’m not saying it’s the end of but it’s disappointing

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
The longer this was drawn out the more I suspected something wasn't right.

Bad decision for him - Warriors are no more likely to make top 4 then we are in near future.

Question now is who do we target.

I'm a real believer that TPJ is not the answer. More rocks then diamonds.

Priority #1 should still be finding an experienced half to support Burton as Flanagan is not the answer (not even the answer for our reserve team). Lots of crappy options really left now Johnson and Reynolds have signed elsewhere. Bit outside the box but I'd go with Kodi Nikorima who would look alright next to Burton (best option I think out there and with Johnson going there they may need to let him go).

Priority #2 Brandon Smith. Enough said. Has to be done

Priority #3 A dominant, experienced forward. Dale Finucance or Joseph Tapine

Priority #4 A guy who is benefiting from the faster game - Tyrone Peachey. I'd play him at lock, and use him similar to how Penrith use Yeo.

Priority #5 An outside back that can cover FB if Averillo fails. Jamayne Issako
nikorima is going to a QLD club

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Think we all know he was a stop gap and wasn’t going to give us a premiership either more for the fact we needed a proper halfback to string a few more wins for us or at least be more competitive. We can’t keep going every season with just one or 2 wins it’s detrimental to the club losing supporters and losing money..I’m not saying it’s the end of but it’s disappointing
100% it's disappointing, it would've been nice to have more of the spine covered for 2 years. Overpaying him was going to be a problem, because then it affects our ability for signing anyone for 2023.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I will, as soon as you get your mouth of Pays knob.
You're an embarrassment. You have no respect for anything or anyone
This has nothing to do with Deano and you’re the one who’s brought him into the discussion. Do you think before you type? Let’s get back on topic please.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score

because the warriors were always his number one option until now he was told they didn't want him, it says in the article, that if wasn't for the fact widdops family wants to stay in aus, the warriors prob would have signed widdop