Shaun Johnson consolidated thread

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
So pisshead Hooper reports that (yesterday) SJ’s manager, warriors coach etc have a video hook up before finally agreeing to a deal……. Why the f#%k do our negotiations take weeks/months, but a pissy club like the warriors can get it done over a hook up!!

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Regardless, we're still better off being without DWZ and being able to use an extra 300-400k in cap space.
The position we're in now that 3 to 400 probably gets us a 200k player cause of the overs we'd need to pay. Seems like we are fucked atm. The fact we had a crack and missed out makes me think they still think we need to find a player in that position. So whose the alternative?

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Average halves can be made to look good with a high quality middle pack of forwards - the Doggies need two more high quality middles and a backrower -

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I stated in a different post yesterday we should have recruited recruitment manager Peter O'Sullivan instead of the Warriors. They now have 3 players I wish we had

Addin Fonua-Blake (would have solved our middle forward problem)
Shaun Joshnson (would have solved our halfback problem for 2-3 years)
Reece Walsh (would have solved our fullback problem)

and we're paying them this year and next for DWZ

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
So pisshead Hooper reports that (yesterday) SJ’s manager, warriors coach etc have a video hook up before finally agreeing to a deal……. Why the f#%k do our negotiations take weeks/months, but a pissy club like the warriors can get it done over a hook up!!
probably because the warriors were his preferred destination, and until untill a couple of hours ago they weren't interested in him

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Seriously ban some ***** that keep doing this shit
Atm theres active threads on all these players in all 3 forums

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is F'd, everything about it. We're in all sorts and shouldn't be expecting anyone good unless we throw the cheque book at them... we're a shit hole. On SJ I was against it at the start but I came around towards the end thinking he'd be a good signing as long as we're signing a gun hooker and quality prop. I have no faith in getting either. All we have to look forward to is signings and we aren't an attractive place to play for and we're F'd...
so are Brisbane and they have been able to sign players... the 'Dogs have also been able to sign one of the best young halves in Burton, the best winger in the game in Addo-Carr, technically Origin reps in Čotrić and Allan, a top English prop in Thompson etc.

it is not as dire as it feels at the moment

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can we get this cunnts name off our feed?? Fvck me!

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
so are Brisbane and they have been able to sign players... the 'Dogs have also been able to sign one of the best young halves in Burton, the best winger in the game in Addo-Carr, technically Origin reps in Čotrić and Allan, a top English prop in Thompson etc.

it is not as dire as it feels at the moment
Love the positivity mate.
But whatever drug Al-chemist has we need some.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The longer this was drawn out the more I suspected something wasn't right.

Bad decision for him - Warriors are no more likely to make top 4 then we are in near future.

Question now is who do we target.

I'm a real believer that TPJ is not the answer. More rocks then diamonds.

Priority #1 should still be finding an experienced half to support Burton as Flanagan is not the answer (not even the answer for our reserve team). Lots of crappy options really left now Johnson and Reynolds have signed elsewhere. Bit outside the box but I'd go with Kodi Nikorima who would look alright next to Burton (best option I think out there and with Johnson going there they may need to let him go).

Priority #2 Brandon Smith. Enough said. Has to be done

Priority #3 A dominant, experienced forward. Dale Finucance or Joseph Tapine

Priority #4 A guy who is benefiting from the faster game - Tyrone Peachey. I'd play him at lock, and use him similar to how Penrith use Yeo.

Priority #5 An outside back that can cover FB if Averillo fails. Jamayne Issako

LoneWolf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
With B Smith
S Johnson
M Burton
Avo
Now that’s a spine to be reckoned with make it happen recruitment

Why on earth would someone connected at the club share sensitive info ?

This is a good thing .

Negotiations are a delicate thing and swing back and forth ongoing.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It just seems that every MF is using us as a bargaining chip when negotiating with other clubs, nothing more... FMD.

T Baz & Gaz better announce some good news soon or our next 2 season will look very similar to this & last year...

Like it or not, that will result in both of them losing their jobs.

Last edited: