News Shane Flanagan puts his hand up to lead the basket case Bulldogs

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes if we can offload Kyle. Having him in the side in 2023 will be too much of a distraction.
Originally I was told he signed 3 years for 1.2 million dollars, the Rorters paid about 200k off the 1st year, what is unclear to me is how did the Bulldogs are paying the rest,
It could be:
1st year 200k
2nd year 350k
2rd year 450k

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Since when do contracts mean anything? Naden and Barrett were contracted a week ago. If Flanagan finds a club in England or as a backup at another NRL club, hopefully he's moved on to avoid any conflict.
Yeah I agree with that, but ur saying it needs to be in Shane’s contract he’s gone, before he signs. I just find that a bit odd

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He's contacted him at the coffee shop.. The rest is a production... Enjoy the ride cause I reckon its a done deal the club and Gus have to do due course
Well if it’s a done deal then I will VERY MUCH enjoy the ride.. it’s what we’ve needed !! :hearteyes:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah I agree with that, but ur saying it needs to be in Shane’s contract he’s gone, before he signs. I just find that a bit odd
Nah not in his contract, just move Kyle on and tell Shane that's the situation going in.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Since when do contracts mean anything? Naden and Barrett were contracted a week ago. If Flanagan finds a club in England or as a backup at another NRL club, hopefully he's moved on to avoid any conflict.
I agree with ya. I want him moved on also. Just we’re paying good money for him, and can’t force him to go. I’d personally like the coach to come in, he’s son plays. Plays no good, coach drops him. It’s a massive lesson to rest of team too

Reactions: 88

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
If Snr comes in and we win a comp that would put him in a elite category of coaches. I just hope he can do it without the peptides this time

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The meeting in the cafe wasn't about Snr taking over, you can figure out the rest ;)
Sounds like, send Kyle to ESL to try to improve his game, like Jackson Hastings, and if he is good enough in time he can come back. If not too bad.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Love him or hate him, you have to five him credit for that.
My only problem with him is the performance enhancing drugs,
The important question, can he win with a drugs free team ?
Cheating the salary cap is a wide spread problem especially from their grad final opponents Melbourne.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My only problem with him is the performance enhancing drugs,
The important question, can he win with a drugs free team ?
Cheating the salary cap is a wide spread problem especially from their grad final opponents Melbourne.
Why didn’t they take the premiership off them?

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So he says he won't play him if not good enough but then makes excuses for him despite him being trash and makes it seem like he'd play him anyway saying "you haven't seen anything he can do at the moment"...

The only way I'd want Flanagan the coach is if his son was already moved on first.
Agree 100. He is delusional if he thinks he can get Kyle up to a decent nrl standard. We have seen more then enough of Kyle already. Kyle could not lead a team into the top 8 yet alone a premiership no matter how many stars you put around him

Jebbundy

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’d love to see flanno and if we are talking about smarts and dna I’d love us to reach out to James graham and mick Ennis, Brett Morris is working at the roosters and doing the little things. Could you imagine graham sitting on the sidelines with our boys. He’d add so much passion, I’d see if graham would work under flanno and build himself up at a club he still has feelings for..