Scott Sattler announces Bulldogs' potential signing of Brandon Smith

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
He has been average this season at hooker but I feel his past performances for the kiwis/all stars does provide some potential. He is probably the best hooker in the market. I would love him for this season

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A Smith for a Smith sounds plausible.
Remis Smith for Brandon Smith is plausible?

Or do you mean Chris Smith ?

Maybe the both of them combined plus a $500k transfer fee is plausible.

Remis Smith was let go because he was coming to the end of his contract and we had other higher paid outside backs who nobody wanted (like DWZ and Hoppa).

Storm wanted him so we let him go and ultimately his money was used to help sign Corey Allan. Whether or not that’s a good call remains to be seen.

People on here carrying on like we let another Thurston go ffs

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So that’s 2 out of three we don’t currently have...
You do realize hooker is one of the most important positions on the field? Crisp passing is top priority. Some sort of kicking game would help too. Not saying I don’t like Brandon Smith, but he is far from a complete Hooker. Yes he is better than what we have, but that does not mean we should get him at all costs

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
If we’ve got 4 million to spend next year we can afford the cheese, staggs and 2 front rower and still have change left

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If we’ve got 4 million to spend next year we can afford the cheese, staggs and 2 front rower and still have change left
We've already spent 1m on JAC and Burton and when you add up who's off contract and subtract 1m it isn't that much.