Scott Sattler announces Bulldogs' potential signing of Brandon Smith

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
His place is at FB.
It might be, but not for at least a season or two. I would love for him to grow into a man FG player and if that’s fullback that’s great.

Trouble is he is definitely not ready and my concern is we will burn him, he will go elsewhere and develop into a gun. He also has people around him making noise that he is the man now and deserves recognition... I hope they don’t fuck his options.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Wish they would take Hopa or a few others but I'm concerned they might want RFM. I see others on here wanting to get rid of RFM because he's injured now but he was our best forward last year (and top try scorer) and our only forward capable of bending the line. We need to move on a few others before him. He's definitely not the problem.
We'd have to give them a contracted player and I think RFM fits the build, he's decent enough that the Storm will want him (can play in the middle/lock) and losing him doesn't affect our team too much (imo). With where it's reported we've been trying to recruit I think Baz is off him a bit (e.g. Piakura, Matterson, Matterson potentially BS, but there's serious interest in Piakura). We also have Doorey and Topine.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Maybe, as a wing replacement for JAC but Bellamy has a knack of finding gun wingers from nowhere.

But, he won’t be there next year so there is a lot of grey about recruitment. I also think Barrett might be good for DWZ if he can get the Fuckwit element out of his game.
They already have a young gun Dean Ieremia, will probably end up on one wing. I'm not sure Bellamy wants to keep Jennings on the wing longer than he has to so probably wants another winger to replace him also.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We'd have to give them a contracted player and I think RFM fits the build, he's decent enough that the Storm will want him (can play in the middle/lock imo) and losing him doesn't affect our team too much (imo). With where it's reported we've been trying to recruit I think Baz is off him a bit (e.g. Piakura, Matterson, Matterson potentially BS, but there's serious interest in Piakura).
No one will touch RFM with his current injury, very hard to return from it.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Astute siging if true... JAC, Burton and Smith are all quality. Just need to find that Prop!!
Yep I can't understand those bagging Smith. He'd improve our pack no matter what position he plays. We have to get rid of more current players born with a loser mentality and bring in better players. Smith is definitely an improvement. Just hope we didn't pay more than 650 - 700K

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Our service out of dummy half is like driving a car with an Aussie 4 speed.
We need some zip zip to get the opposition on the back foot for a change
Early ball to Flanno and have the forwards really hitting that advantage line.
Yes but also add forwards who actually go forward :-).

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’ll be interesting to revisit this thread mid 2022 if it happens. I just don’t see all the hype, better than what we have but that’s not hard.
You've hit the nail on the head.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here we go mr negative strikes again
Not rating a player highly is not being negative.

I think he's highly overrated as well. If he does sign yes he will be better than what we have, but I hope it won't cost a lot as he's not worth it. In saying that if he did sign then I would really hope to be proven wrong.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You'd think around the 700k mark.

Imagine if the club gave the Storm Reimis for Brandon Smith and this whole time it was kept on the down low. That'd save that terrible decision (imo).
I’d say 2M over 3yrs

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone wake me up Round 1 , 2022
In the meantime if you wanted like me , decked out a room in the house with only items that came out that year , you know which one hey, the one where the following in 05 and all us mother fkrs inherited bangs rights over 15 other nations for 365 days straight . Gee whiz man I miss them absolute Vito rights over them bastards even if they right , will still won the P to finish of the argument with .
Will be upto Rd 3 Roosters 35 Dogs 0 if you want to know , the thing about knowing the scores isn’t a bother because at the end of that year revenge was still sweeter than the juice .
Please , Hays come get me out of that room in 2022
Hey Google .... please translate.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our whole progress as a team is suffering cause we do t have a solid hooker most likely the worst at the moment,our shit service is totally ruining us in everything just cause of that,our whole timing is so wrong from dummy half,we look like dummy’s and out of sync,Brandon will sharpen everything :grinning:
Brandon’s service from dummy half is actually not that good. His strengths are his running game and defence