Scam messages

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am teaching my boys how to deal with the scammers, alot of the time aggressively, but sometimes a fart in the phone or a i signed the house over to my cat, here ill put it on meaw meaw.
You can also tell them you suffered a terrible industrial accident and the only spare parts they had for hands is cow hooves,which is kind of cool because you are now like a mintaour and the kids dig it ,but cutting up chicken is a bother with hooves for hands, and keep waffling on ...... they eventually hang up

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You can also tell them you suffered a terrible industrial accident and the only spare parts they had for hands is cow hooves,which is kind of cool because you are now like a mintaour and the kids dig it ,but cutting up chicken is a bother with hooves for hands, and keep waffling on ...... they eventually hang up
Got a feeling they would have hung up at this part.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Got a feeling they would have hung up at this part.
Indians can be persistent, but if you gets a Indian female telemarketer or scammer and ask. them shit lamb saag on your chest and queef mango chuntey on your dick .I can promise you ,you won't get through that whole sentence before they hang up

Ps make 100% sure it is a telemarketer or scammer ,because just sometimes it may be the school admin ringing to tell you your kid is sick

Last edited:

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I have been driven insane all day from scammers claiming to be from NBN Security. Clearly from overseas, but coming up as Aussie numbers... one belonged to a pizza shop in Coffs Harbour, when I looked the number up. Blocking all the numbers, but they are persistent. Normally I would leave the phone turned off, but I have a relative in a bad way in hospital, so need to leave it on.

The last clown called just as I was about to fall asleep, so he copped quite a broad range of colourful Australian language... he wasn't happy.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am teaching my boys how to deal with the scammers, alot of the time aggressively, but sometimes a fart in the phone or a i signed the house over to my cat, here ill put it on meaw meaw.
So you are effectively giving yourself pink eye

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I got a scam sms this morning on my phone that read
“ Trent Barrett will
win a premiership
for the Bulldogs
very soon “
That's the truth. He's been playing rugby league live on beginner level.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I’ve received a few of them / just block or ignore them. Most of them have a profile picture of pretty Asian girls so it’s easy to pic them out.
Exactly right!

Asian chick asking me if I'm at Sydney uni.

Just replied with my standard "get fucked you ****" then blocked them lol

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I never use my phone for financial stuff, so my bank/ CC details arent in there. Safest way. I mean really, how hard is it to pull a plastic card out of your wallet vs getting a phone out? Certain other digital cards are ok like health insurance / medicare etc as they cant spend your money with those, but credit card or bank account details on the phone? No way. Especially since to do so safely id have to pay to get proper protection on the phone. My home PC has Kasperksy so thats the online banking device.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I never use my phone for financial stuff, so my bank/ CC details arent in there. Safest way. I mean really, how hard is it to pull a plastic card out of your wallet vs getting a phone out? Certain other digital cards are ok like health insurance / medicare etc as they cant spend your money with those, but credit card or bank account details on the phone? No way. Especially since to do so safely id have to pay to get proper protection on the phone. My home PC has Kasperksy so thats the online banking device.
Personal choice of course but that’s not accurate.
With Apple Pay, Google Pay etc your credit card info is never stored on your phone. Yes, you scan your card to add it to your phone/watch wallet but what it does is create a token so it knows where payments are billed to, but your name, card details etc are not stored on the device which actually makes it safer than say leaving your wallet in the back of an Uber after a few beers. Most banks plan to phase out plastic as soon as device payments reach a certain %. In terms of using your banking app on a device, they use either RSA or AES encryption - just as safe as a home PC.

The other thing is most scams come from where people have freely left their email and/or phone number on mailing lists which are then sold. I receive very few scam calls because I don’t give my details to anyone I don’t know, or if I’m forced like leaving an email when checking into a hotel or something, I leave a burner. For $20/year Trashmail is a great tool for having burners that protect your real mailbox identity.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I never have a need to do any banking on my phone, even with security concerns aside, its easier to use the PC and a mouse and KB. Especially when typing complex passwords to log in (and you would never save the password to your banking on any device, or have a simple password).

While plastic cards still work they are just as easy, if not easier than the phone at the checkout, so no need to switch over to that until i have no choice. Will be years until they remove plastic credit/debit cards. Too many other things need to improve first, like how many people have phones that can run the apps, and reliable phone reception everywhere there is a business.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I never have a need to do any banking on my phone, even with security concerns aside, its easier to use the PC and a mouse and KB. Especially when typing complex passwords to log in (and you would never save the password to your banking on any device, or have a simple password).

While plastic cards still work they are just as easy, if not easier than the phone at the checkout, so no need to switch over to that until i have no choice. Will be years until they remove plastic credit/debit cards. Too many other things need to improve first, like how many people have phones that can run the apps, and reliable phone reception everywhere there is a business.
Personal choice all good, but we’re opposites :-).

I haven’t carried a wallet since 2016 and would never go back. I make payments from my watch which is even easier than bringing anything out of your pocket. I’d also suggest a password manager if you don’t use one - they self populate and you neither have to remember nor type complex passwords. As for mobile devices, biometrics are more secure than passwords.

You are right that plastic cards won’t be gone for years but the model will change - I have this first hand from a FinTech guy I know who consults to banks. One option is there will be fee free accounts for digital only cards and those who want optional plastic will pay for it.

But yep - personal choice and all that…

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Man they give up far too easily these days. One just rang the home phone number, an Indian claiming to be from the technical department at Telstra. He asked if I was the main user of internet in the house, and I said "No, someone here watches a lot of Netflix" - he hung up :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: